Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

This looks interesting. BBC is making a War of the Worlds minseries. Hope it comes to BBC America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yas0yPbLU
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Does anybody else think Westworld season 2 was a disappointment?
I'm not really excited for season 3. They're just gonna tell an average story as confusingly as possible by giving you snippets out of order. I guess that was the show's gimmick from the very start. Did the story get worse season 2 compared to season 1? Or did I just wise up to their shtick? Maybe both.

I'll still give season 3 a shot because of the acting and production. But I'm not looking forward to watching it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:33 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'm not really excited for season 3. They're just gonna tell an average story as confusingly as possible by giving you snippets out of order. I guess that was the show's gimmick from the very start. Did the story get worse season 2 compared to season 1? Or did I just wise up to their shtick? Maybe both.

I'll still give season 3 a shot because of the acting and production. But I'm not looking forward to watching it.

I agree that season 1 was significantly better than Season 2.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

Have not got a chance to watch but Godfather of Harlem premiered this weekend on epix.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

Finally finished Unbelievable last night. What a great show, one of the better mini-series I've seen.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 am    Post subject:

Have watched the first few episodes of The Politician, another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk show that just premiered on Netflix, and I like it quite a bit. Not to ruin it too much, but it takes a look at a campaign, except that this is a campaign for high school president at a well-to-do high school, and the main character has truly believed that he will be POTUS one day, since he was a kid. Every move that he makes and everything that he does is a calculation towards achieving that goal. It's a comedy, more like a dark comedy, I guess.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Have watched the first few episodes of The Politician, another Ryan Murphy/Brad Falchuk show that just premiered on Netflix, and I like it quite a bit. Not to ruin it too much, but it takes a look at a campaign, except that this is a campaign for high school president at a well-to-do high school, and the main character has truly believed that he will be POTUS one day, since he was a kid. Every move that he makes and everything that he does is a calculation towards achieving that goal. It's a comedy, more like a dark comedy, I guess.

reminds me of the quote....What do most US Senators and US Congressmen see in the mirror each morning? The next President of the United States.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

Finally....Jason on The Good Place was informed that Blake Bortles no longer plays for the Jags.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

6 minutes into the final season (Season 4) of Mr. Robot and it's come out of the gate fast.
Shades of Brando Apocalypse Now. Wish Brando was alive to see it.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Oct 07, 2019 5:02 am; edited 2 times in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

not sure who recalls the conversation, but there was an episode of Power a season or two ago where Tommy turned around and there was something attached to the back of his hoodie. There were some guesses, but no conclusion on what it was.....

Same thing happened in tonight's episode. At the 42 Minute and 43 second mark (and 52:37 mark), Tommy turns around and the same thing is attached to the back of his leather jacket.

Here is a screenshot.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
6 minutes into the final season (Season 4) of Mr. Robot and it's come out of the gate fast.

Thanks for the reminder that Mr. Robot started. I completely forgot about it starting this month.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Kendall finally outsmart and take out Logan in Succession?
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I'm happy a certain annoying character's time is over.

13 episodes for the this final season according to IMDb.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

Hardly ever watch CBS. But I watched the first 4 episodes of Evil. If you're in to psychological thrillers/horrors. Check out episode 4. You can skip episodes 1-3 and just watch the trailer for the premise.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I'm happy a certain annoying character's time is over.

13 episodes for the this final season according to IMDb.

It's gonna be a fun ride. It's painful waiting week to week for the next episode.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Hardly ever watch CBS. But I watched the first 4 episodes of Evil. If you're in to psychological thrillers/horrors. Check out episode 4. You can skip episodes 1-3 and just watch the trailer for the premise.

Trying to hold off on the new network shows until they start announcing which ones are likely to get cancelled. Did watch the Almost Family show on Fox? Season 2 seems like a long shot, but I can't get enough of Emily Osment. Also was at my sisters house one evening when Emergence was on ABC....my guess is it has a short life also.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I just fell out of it a few episodes into season 2. It just reached a point where I was no longer excited for a new episode and felt like I was watching because I had time invested in the show. I think much of it was that it felt like it was getting over the top, and a lot of the subtleties had started to disappear. I was watching more for spectacle than story.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I just fell out of it a few episodes into season 2. It just reached a point where I was no longer excited for a new episode and felt like I was watching because I had time invested in the show. I think much of it was that it felt like it was getting over the top, and a lot of the subtleties had started to disappear. I was watching more for spectacle than story.

a huge problem for me....a flaw that costs me valuable time
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I have become better at reevaluating my viewing habits over the last year or so. There's so much I want to start watching that I have put off for too long because I want to get "caught up" on the ones I'm already watching.

So I have started asking myself, "am I going to watch this because I'm really into it, or am I watching it simply to not fall behind?" If the answer is the latter it typically means its not holding my interest, so I try something new. In the last week, such decision lead me to start two shows that have been on my list: Schitts Creek and Succession - very glad on both fronts.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
adkindo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I have become better at reevaluating my viewing habits over the last year or so. There's so much I want to start watching that I have put off for too long because I want to get "caught up" on the ones I'm already watching.

So I have started asking myself, "am I going to watch this because I'm really into it, or am I watching it simply to not fall behind?" If the answer is the latter it typically means its not holding my interest, so I try something new. In the last week, such decision lead me to start two shows that have been on my list: Schitts Creek and Succession - very glad on both fronts.

I actually had that issue somewhat with Season 1 (unlike everyone else). I was kind of bored, and I was looking forward to it because of what one of the creators of the show had done in the past. I liked it but didn't really crave the next episode, like for GoT first three seasons for example.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

The Watchmen series premieres on HBO tonight.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7049682/

Also a documentary series begins on Starz tonight titled Leavenworth. Explores the conviction of infantry officer Clint Lorance. Looks interesting if you are into the subject.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10732150/
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The Watchmen series premieres on HBO tonight.

I found it a bit underwhelming after waiting over a year for the debut.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I agree that season 1 was significantly better than Season 2.

I had mentioned it at the end of Season 1. The way it wrapped up, I just couldn't picture a season 2 that was in any way, shape or form a progression of S1. It completely went off the rails with the coup and the different factions. Such a shame since I hold S1 Westworld against any of the finest shows out there.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Watchmen was cool. I didn’t realize it was a sequel until I started watching it. I thought it was just a reboot this whole time haha. Excited to see where they go with it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

I wish I could fastforward 2 1/2 months into the future. When this season of Mr. Robot is done and then binge it all. It's so painful getting something so great in snippets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 19 of 110
Jump to: