Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Any of you old fogeys familiar with St. Elsewhere. I just learned about the show from a teaser for Mr. Robot season 4

Had to look up the snow globe and Newhart waking up next to Suze Pleshette references. Which led me to this can of worms. http://www.poobala.com/bobandelsewhere.html
And this:

S4 of Mr. Robot is gonna be epic. BTW, didn't know Denzel did TV before movies.

Best show on TV right now imo. If Season 4 is as good as S3 was I would rank it in my top 5 all time shows. Nothing like it before on TV.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Any of you old fogeys familiar with St. Elsewhere. I just learned about the show from a teaser for Mr. Robot season 4

Had to look up the snow globe and Newhart waking up next to Suze Pleshette references. Which led me to this can of worms. http://www.poobala.com/bobandelsewhere.html
And this:

Best show on TV right now imo. If Season 4 is as good as S3 was I would rank it in my top 5 all time shows. Nothing like it before on TV.

Same here. Sam Esmail is a genius on par with Christopher Nolan. Esmail is best showrunner of this generation. And Nolan is the best filmmaker.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

So, I finished Breaking Bad about 3 weeks ago. Very good show, but I'm halfway into S2 of Better Call Saul, and I like it more.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Sad OITNB is over. This final season was great.

Only a few episodes in, but my gut tells me they probably ended it at about the right time.

I liked the 1st episode of the season the least. Some of the best episodes are in the middle of the season. Thought the last episode showed it still had plenty of legs left. Let me know what you think when you're done.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Anyone watch "60 Days In"? The new season is not only in jail, but undercover on the streets.

Not a fan of the new format. Watched the pilot, and I doubt I'll watch another episode.
Apparently it's a spinoff. So we might get the original format again. Fingers crossed.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
kikanga wrote:

And this:

Same here. Sam Esmail is a genius on par with Christopher Nolan. Esmail is best showrunner of this generation. And Nolan is the best filmmaker.

Wow I'll have to go back to this show. It fell off big time in S2 for me so I stopped watching S3.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
kikanga wrote:

And this:

Wow I'll have to go back to this show. It fell off big time in S2 for me so I stopped watching S3.

There are 3 episodes in season 3 which are the best stretch of TV I've ever seen. I think it was episodes 4, 5, 6. The first 3 episodes of the season were brilliant . Episode 10 (season finale) jaw dropping.
I get why you left after season 2. But pretty much Sam used that whole season as setup to make season 3 legendary status. Episode 5 in particular showed Sam Esmail is in a league of his own. Nobody comes close.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Anyone watch "60 Days In"? The new season is not only in jail, but undercover on the streets.

Not a fan of the new format. Watched the pilot, and I doubt I'll watch another episode.
Apparently it's a spinoff. So we might get the original format again. Fingers crossed.

I also liked the original format better, but I wonder if they may try to take some time off in fear of inmates catching on. I would think if I found myself in county jail and a tv crew showed up, I would definitely be thinking "60 Days In?"
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Only a few episodes in, but my gut tells me they probably ended it at about the right time.

I liked the 1st episode of the season the least. Some of the best episodes are in the middle of the season. Thought the last episode showed it still had plenty of legs left. Let me know what you think when you're done.

I enjoyed the season, and I loved how they did the last scene giving all of the series characters over the years a chance to say goodbye. I think they could easily do a spinoff, but I just felt like Piper's story had kind of ran its course.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I enjoyed the season, and I loved how they did the last scene giving all of the series characters over the years a chance to say goodbye. I think they could easily do a spinoff, but I just felt like Piper's story had kind of ran its course.

Agreed. Piper's story ran it's course for sure. There were other stories to tell, but Netflix isn't about keeping shows around anymore. So it is what it is.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I also liked the original format better, but I wonder if they may try to take some time off in fear of inmates catching on. I would think if I found myself in county jail and a tv crew showed up, I would definitely be thinking "60 Days In?"

I think I've seen MSNBC air jail/prison shows on the weekend where it literally is the documentary 60 Days In pretends to be. But if I was in jail, I'd be suspicious too.
60 Days In really screwed up the last 2 seasons though with casting. 2 seasons ago it was the girl who fell in love and blew her cover . And last year the guy with law enforcement experience told a CO he was undercover. Both were idiots.
If A&E brings it back, they need to weed out the risky candidates. Probably easier said than done.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Finally got through all episodes of Euphoria. I was pulling for Rue. Zendaya is a better actress than I gave her credit for being.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

making a cop show exception for the wire because of how good everyone says it is

5 episodes in so far and it's kind of slow but am hoping/guessing it's going to pay off
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
making a cop show exception for the wire because of how good everyone says it is

5 episodes in so far and it's kind of slow but am hoping/guessing it's going to pay off

If you're talking about City On A Hill, IMO, it'll pay off.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Finally got through all episodes of Euphoria. I was pulling for Rue. Zendaya is a better actress than I gave her credit for being.

I had no idea how good of an actress she was until this show; all I had seen her in previously was Spider-Man. She was remarkable, so gifted with the unspoken facial and body language acting.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I think I've seen MSNBC air jail/prison shows on the weekend where it literally is the documentary 60 Days In pretends to be. But if I was in jail, I'd be suspicious too.
60 Days In really screwed up the last 2 seasons though with casting. 2 seasons ago it was the girl who fell in love and blew her cover . And last year the guy with law enforcement experience told a CO he was undercover. Both were idiots.
If A&E brings it back, they need to weed out the risky candidates. Probably easier said than done.

That fool lost his mind...he thought he was the king of county jail!

The tough bounty hunter last season that made it about 24 hours.

Remember the dad with long hair that went in that always was talking about how tough he was, and his son who did not come off very masculine went in at the same time. The son made it through fine, and the dad bounced because he claimed he was going to hurt someone.....sure.

Favorite all time was the veteran (think his name was Nate?), and he stayed in for 2 seasons?!?! He was crazy because his girlfriend was beautiful, and dude chose to stay in jail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

think he is referring to The Wire?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Agreed. Piper's story ran it's course for sure. There were other stories to tell, but Netflix isn't about keeping shows around anymore. So it is what it is.

Poussey's death really sucked, but I thought the one this year was even worse. Always felt so bad for her character. Did not like that Big Boo was mostly absent in recent seasons. Sam Healy working at the smoothie shop was great. Are we to assume Cordova died in the desert after breaking her ankle?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

watched BH90210.....a little cringe worthy, but Jennie Garth is still hot!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

OK. Chalk it up to reading comprehension.

ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I pretty much enjoyed this season of Agents of Shield and the set up for the final season was done really well. Looking forward to it.

Also, if any of you haven't watched The Boys on Amazon yet it's required viewing. One of the best shows to come along in a while.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
Also, if any of you haven't watched The Boys on Amazon yet it's required viewing. One of the best shows to come along in a while.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Phil is a busy man, so he needs at least 1,000 personal recommendations before he gives a show a look. He is hoping to get started on In the Heat of the Night by next year.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Phil is a busy man, so he needs at least 1,000 personal recommendations before he gives a show a look. He is hoping to get started on In the Heat of the Night by next year.

Carroll O'Conner and Howard Rollins were a great match. However no pair can match Rod Steiger and Sidney Poitier in those rolls. No one can say Verrgel (Virgil) like Steiger.

I was saddened by the death of Hugh O'Conner, Carroll's adopted son. Drugs were the cause of his suicide. He called Carroll to tell him he was going to take his life because the couldn't face another rehab. Carroll called the police but they were to late.

K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Interesting. Brandon Sanderson wrote some "teen" novels that had a similar premise and I thought it was really uniquie. I didn't realize there was already a comic that was so similar.

Anyways on your rec, I knew I'd enjoy the show. Just saw episode 1 and it didn't disappoint my friend.

Thank you glad you enjoy the show and appreciate the heads up on Brandon Sanderson with The Reckoners, looks I missed out on an entire genre. It does appear to be similar in premise to the Epics, when absolute power corrupts absolutely; though there are actual consequences for Steelheart.
We'll see about if anything happens to Homeland.

Heard they are still in planning stages for a television show as well, likely if it does happen, Fox (now Disney owns the rights) could put it on the new Disney streaming service.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 13 of 111
Jump to: