Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 110, 111, 112  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:39 pm    Post subject:

about to start the new season of Ozark.....finally watched Tiger King. My god, what a group of terrible human beings. Honestly, the one that rubbed me all kinds of wrong was the "new" husband of Carole Baskin....Howard...and that was only slightly more than Carole herself. I wish they would all end up in prison for animal cruelty (except the Baskins as I saw no evidence of them committing animal cruelty). The only guy that I could possibly wish king of well for was the former zoo manager who had no legs and maybe the female that lost her arm....but I am guessing they were not the greatest people either.

Joe lip syncing dozens of songs and creating music videos for each was amazing...almost as amazing as him convincing two young straight men to marry him. Jeff Lowe's image should show up on dictionary.com beside dbag....just a repulsive human being.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:11 am    Post subject:

Just finished Narcos Mexico Season 2.

Really like this show, I recognize very few of the actors in it and they all do a great job. Can't wait for future seasons now that the Felix Gallardo era is over.

This one is moving up my all time list, definitely in my Top 10 series of all time.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Really like this show, I recognize very few of the actors in it and they all do a great job. Can't wait for future seasons now that the Felix Gallardo era is over.

This one is moving up my all time list, definitely in my Top 10 series of all time.

Care to compare it to Narcos for me? I loved seasons 1 and 2, but didn't get around to watching season 3 until this epidemic. Was kind of pissed I waited this long, because I found it even more enojoyable than seasons 1 and 2. Now I'm on the fence if I should give Mexico a chance, too, or will it spoil my Narcos experience.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:14 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Care to compare it to Narcos for me? I loved seasons 1 and 2, but didn't get around to watching season 3 until this epidemic. Was kind of pissed I waited this long, because I found it even more enojoyable than seasons 1 and 2. Now I'm on the fence if I should give Mexico a chance, too, or will it spoil my Narcos experience.

At first I was not sure I would like it, because I really enjoyed the original Narcos based on Colombia. But the Mexico version of the show has really grown on me, I would rate it just as high as the original but obviously everyone has their own personal preferences.

I have a feeling they will be doing more season also as they are perfectly set up in the plotline/timeline to do so.

If you have a chance, check it out and provide your thoughts!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

If you're slumming it in your bunker I discovered this Netflix Spanish show (as in from Spain) called Money Heist. It's not prestige TV by any means, but the lead is easy on the eyes and it moves along.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

First 45 minutes of westworld was pretty meh. Final 5 minutes was solid though.

The show is beautifully shot and has a great score. But the dialogue and story isn't as good as it could be.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
If you're slumming it in your bunker I discovered this Netflix Spanish show (as in from Spain) called Money Heist. It's not prestige TV by any means, but the lead is easy on the eyes and it moves along.

Yep. It's not the greatest show ever made. But it's entertaining as heck. I love heist movies/shows.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Fauda season 3 is coming to Netflix on 4/16. I have already seen it - amazing season.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Love it....Narcos and Narcos Mexico are both easily in my Top10....I have a hard time stopping once I begin a new season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

The show is beautifully shot and has a great score. But the dialogue and story isn't as good as it could be.

Is it true that Aaron Paul plays the same character the exact same way no matter what he’s in?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Is it true that Aaron Paul plays the same character the exact same way no matter what he’s in?

Kinda. I've watched him in Breaking Bad, The Path, Need for Speed (movie), and this.

Every character can't live in the present because of a haunted past. TBH though he's not the biggest issue with Westworld.

It's hard to put my finger on what bothers me about Westworld. But i think part of the small picture issue is that everybody is a robot, so the threat of permanent death isn't there. Big picture, it's because they have prime meat (the premise/plot), but they don't give us the best slice (narrative wise).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:16 pm    Post subject:

I get Ruth can't buy a big fancy home or anything....but can't she get a nicer trailer or have the property cleaned up a little bit?
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Post breaking bad, sorta. He's a wildly different character in Big Love, which predated BB. And, post-BB, he plays a wildly different character in BoJack Horseman, an animated show on Netflix. And the other characters he plays post Jesse lack Jesse's spunk and early joie de vivre. they are all tortured and quiet and restrained - like Jesse after Gale - but not much depth. I wouldn't say it's him playing the same role, so much, as (bleep) writers giving him pale shadows of jesse to work with.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I did not want to make a new thread , but Hawaii 5-O Series ended (for good) last Friday..

The last few years it was kinda getting long in the tooth anyway...

Anyone?
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Well I finally cut the chord since my Dodgers and Lakers were not playing -- went with HULU for now -- not bad.

I hear ATT-Now steaming will start carrying the Dodgers & Lakers. Maybe other streaming services will broker a deal as well
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:19 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I did not want to make a new thread , but Hawaii 5-O Series ended (for good) last Friday..

Anyone?

I watch but am a few weeks behind. I did not know it was ending. I thought it struggled to regain it's footing after Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park exited the show.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject:

I'm hooked on Tyler Perry's Sistas. BET

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:05 am    Post subject:

Just watched the new Devs. It was the penultimate episode tonight.
Have to see the finale next week before I can really judge it.
If I were to describe the show up to this point I'd say it's ... thought provoking.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:20 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

Anyone?

I watch but am a few weeks behind. I did not know it was ending. I thought it struggled to regain it's footing after Daniel Dae Kim and Grace Park exited the show.

I watched the new 5-0 for the first few years religiously -- and then after a few years the themes started to repeat... great series though overall
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:53 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Kinda. I've watched him in Breaking Bad, The Path, Need for Speed (movie), and this.

Every character can't live in the present because of a haunted past. TBH though he's not the biggest issue with Westworld.

It's hard to put my finger on what bothers me about Westworld. But i think part of the small picture issue is that everybody is a robot, so the threat of permanent death isn't there. Big picture, it's because they have prime meat (the premise/plot), but they don't give us the best slice (narrative wise).

The issue with Westworld is that the thrust of it's theme/narrative was resolved for the most part in season 1. Season 2 is basically a different show altogether with the same characters. What drew us in no longer exists. I haven't gotten to S3 but S2 was absolutely awful considering the heights they reached with S1. Back in the Westworld S1 thread, I expressed my concern that they really had nowhere to go with the story. I'm still not sure how they can capture that magic again.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject:

My latest guilty pleasure: Elite

It's a Spanish, more modern Beverly Hills 90210 that airs on Netflix. Just like 90210, it features a bunch of actors in their 20s playing characters that are 16. It's apparently a big hit in Europe.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

The issue with Westworld is that the thrust of it's theme/narrative was resolved for the most part in season 1. Season 2 is basically a different show altogether with the same characters. What drew us in no longer exists. I haven't gotten to S3 but S2 was absolutely awful considering the heights they reached with S1. Back in the Westworld S1 thread, I expressed my concern that they really had nowhere to go with the story. I'm still not sure how they can capture that magic again.

hot takes thread is that way ->

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

I agree S2 was a huge dropoff compared to S1. It was in the range of bad to mediocre (at best). They relied on out of order storytelling to spice up a pretty bland story. And it ticked off alot of viewers (myself included).
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Only thing I've like more than Better Call Saul so far this year is Amazon Prime's Zerozerozero.
It's like if Sicario and Narcos had a baby.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Only thing I've like more than Better Call Saul so far this year is Amazon Prime's Zerozerozero.
It's like if Sicario and Narcos had a baby.

was not aware of.....sounds like something I would like.....but my DVR is still loaded.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 110, 111, 112  Next
Page 34 of 112
Jump to: