Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:
Theseus wrote:
Anyone watching Witcher? I loved it. I've played only one of the games, but I thought the character was very interesting before I'd seen the show. I thought he would be a difficult one to be acted, but Cavill really nailed it.

Side-note. The fight scenes were choreographed by the guy who did the GoT fight scenes and played the night king. The fight scenes look how they do in the game, which was nice.

The 3 different timelines were confusing at first until I realized it was happening. I hear its because the showrunner wanted the show to start with the 3 main characters, even though they appear in different books. A good move, I think. She said she was creating the show for fans of the games/books rather than critics, and it seems like she nailed that when you look at the reception its gotten.

Anyone watching? Thoughts?

I like it. Only 4 episodes in and still trying to figure out the timelines. Plus there are a lot of characters. I read The Last Wish so I'm somewhat familiar and as far as I can tell Geralt and Yennifer are different timelines; she's earlier than his. What about Cirri? I'm also guessing before his. And eventually they all catch up to each other..?

I get they appear to be three different stories, but how did you know they were on different timelines?

Actually I might be wrong. I was under the impression that Geralt had already met her (prior to what we've seen him do on the show) and I do know that when they do meet she isn't deformed. But maybe they haven't met yet and both of their stories are playing out concurrently.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Actually I might be wrong. I was under the impression that Geralt had already met her (prior to what we've seen him do on the show) and I do know that when they do meet she isn't deformed. But maybe they haven't met yet and both of their stories are playing out concurrently.

maybe you are correct....because the queen that died in episode 2 or 3 is the same queen in episode 4 in Geralt's story?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

^ Okay so I just read that everything with Geralt is in the past. And Ciri's story is present day. I would assume that Yennifer is in the past too..and both her and Geralt are catching up to Ciri/present day...?

Edit: Yennifer is before Geralt. When she is at the ball in ep 3 we see Adda and the king that Geralt encounters, but they are children. So it does look like 3 separate timelines.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
What an ending for Mr. Robot.

I’ve never had higher expectations for the ending of a show. And Esmail stuck the landing.

Best show of the decade.

I finally caught it, great ending. My favorite series since Mad Men.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ Okay so I just read that everything with Geralt is in the past. And Ciri's story is present day. I would assume that Yennifer is in the past too..and both her and Geralt are catching up to Ciri/present day...?

Edit: Yennifer is before Geralt. When she is at the ball in ep 3 we see Adda and the king that Geralt encounters, but they are children. So it does look like 3 separate timelines.

finished up the season this evening...it was ok and entertaining. I have to say that I still do not understand the real point of the story. Geralt and Ciri....I get them being told it was their destiny to find each other.....but what does that mean? Did Yennifer's last act take her life?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:30 pm    Post subject:

My guilty pleasure YOU is back on Netflix. Went through 5 episodes this morning in five hours.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Someone recommended the Netflix series The Politician to me. I am trying to give it a chance, but I just do not think it is my cup of tea...
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:02 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Someone recommended the Netflix series The Politician to me. I am trying to give it a chance, but I just do not think it is my cup of tea...

I watched it, I thought it was interesting. Very political and modern, but definitely not for everyone. It sort of shows a lot of the bs in politics like House of Cards did. It definitely is an interesting satire, but also all over the place. I guess the show creators were from Glee, so if you like that sort of thing its a good show to check out.

They filmed it at Fullerton High school in orange county.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I watched it, I thought it was interesting. Very political and modern, but definitely not for everyone. It sort of shows a lot of the bs in politics like House of Cards did. It definitely is an interesting satire, but also all over the place. I guess the show creators were from Glee, so if you like that sort of thing its a good show to check out.

They filmed it at Fullerton High school in orange county.

The final episode which clearly is the 1st episode of Season 2 makes me think I will enjoy Season 2 more as we enter the adult world of politics.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Yes, that's one of the rules.

have you watched For All Mankind (Apple TV)? It is similar in that it is built on an alternative history where the Soviet Union put a person on the moon before the US. Watched a couple episodes and looks promising.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Just finished season 3 of Goliath . Was good even better than seasons 1 and 2. For all you Billy Bob Thornton fans out there it's a must see. This season has that Twin Peaks feel to it. One of the characters even used the damn good cup of coffee line.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Late to the party that is Mindhunter (Netflix). Result: almost binged the entire series to date and spent hours browsing serial killers on Wikipedia. Also didn't sleep as well as I usually do and had vivid dreams of being hunted through the streets by Dahmer & co.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

in the process of binging a HULU series....Reprisal. Much better than I expected.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8594028/
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

finished up the season this evening...it was ok and entertaining. I have to say that I still do not understand the real point of the story. Geralt and Ciri....I get them being told it was their destiny to find each other.....but what does that mean? Did Yennifer's last act take her life?

Without getting too spoil-ery, Ciri is a overpowered magical being of Elder Elven lineage. You see just a glimpse of how powerful and broken her powers are when she and her mother lose control of their emotions. Long story short, some bad people and not so people later on in the story want to either use Ciri for her powers, or take her powers for themselves. Basically it's Geralt with the help of Yennefer (mainly these two since they basically become her adopted parents) and a ton of other people going through a ton of adventures to keep that from happening.
The storyline itself is very simple, but the little stories and adventures in between are far from simple, especially when Geralt starts getting caught up in politics and crosses paths with other Witcher schools.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:05 am    Post subject:

The Linda Ronstadt special on CNN was a satisfying look at her career. Whether you are a fan reminiscing, someone trying to catch up on all her accomplishments, or just a lover of good music, CNN did not disappoint. And of course, neither did Linda. I was but a casual fan in the day, but my appreciation is anything but casual now. What a voice.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2020 7:56 am    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Without getting too spoil-ery, Ciri is a overpowered magical being of Elder Elven lineage. You see just a glimpse of how powerful and broken her powers are when she and her mother lose control of their emotions. Long story short, some bad people and not so people later on in the story want to either use Ciri for her powers, or take her powers for themselves. Basically it's Geralt with the help of Yennefer (mainly these two since they basically become her adopted parents) and a ton of other people going through a ton of adventures to keep that from happening.
The storyline itself is very simple, but the little stories and adventures in between are far from simple, especially when Geralt starts getting caught up in politics and crosses paths with other Witcher schools.

What I find interesting is most serialized shows that have a main overall story arc and then the side-stories that usually get wrapped up in an episode and don't really mean much. With The Witcher all the side-stories [and flashbacks] add depth to the characters and do a ton of world building; none of it is wasted filler. And while this show isn't perfect, few shows are in their first season. It is really good and I think it has potential to be great in season 2 and beyond.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:07 am    Post subject:

There are no satisfying theories on what's going on with Apple's Servant.

If anybody has an answer for what's going on. Please share. This show is driving me crazy. I think I may just give up on it depending how the final 2 episodes are for this season.

Screw you M. Night Shyamalan. I'm not waiting 60 episodes for you to explain what the hell is going on.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
aachan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

What I find interesting is most serialized shows that have a main overall story arc and then the side-stories that usually get wrapped up in an episode and don't really mean much. With The Witcher all the side-stories [and flashbacks] add depth to the characters and do a ton of world building; none of it is wasted filler. And while this show isn't perfect, few shows are in their first season. It is really good and I think it has potential to be great in season 2 and beyond.

The side quests in the game have the same impact. No matter how mundane the side quest felt, it fleshed out the world that much more.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

If anybody has an answer for what's going on. Please share. This show is driving me crazy. I think I may just give up on it depending how the final 2 episodes are for this season.

Screw you M. Night Shyamalan. I'm not waiting 60 episodes for you to explain what the hell is going on.

I have not watched.....looks creepy.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I have not watched.....looks creepy.

I've never been more frustrated by a show's ambiguity.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject:

I know it has its own thread buried somewhere, but Better Call Saul is returning February 23rd.

Here's a teaser:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
in the process of binging a HULU series....Reprisal. Much better than I expected.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8594028/

Ya it's not bad at all. Has some Tarantino Kill Bill and Sons of Anarchy vibes to it. I'll watch a season 2.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:55 am    Post subject:

so we are to believe Tommy shot Ghost? Btw, Ghost is not really dead, right?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

should I watch Maniac
Cochese
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:08 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
should I watch Maniac

I thought it was so-so.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 27 of 110
Jump to: