Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:18 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
god I hate True Detective S4. I usually watch late at night and the jump scares are annoying af. i'd rather watch a (bleep) plot than deal with cheap scares. might have to stop watching after e4 and wait until what the consensus is after the last 2 episodes air. there is nothing I hate more than cheap scares in television or movies. sad that TD has to resort to this

e1 & e2 were good, ep 3 was a sleeper, & ep 4 wasn't bad & back on track.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Curb Your Enthusiasm was solid in its premiere. I'm sad this is the last season. Arguably the best comedy series of my lifetime.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:27 am    Post subject:

Spartacus rise of Ashur!!! To those old enough, this was neck and neck with early GOT. Might have to pay for starz when it comes out
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:41 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Curb Your Enthusiasm was solid in its premiere. I'm sad this is the last season. Arguably the best comedy series of my lifetime.

Solid premiere episode. I wish Larry had ranted about "emotional support animals" some more.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Nobody wrote:
jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Oh snap. They are connecting S4 of True Detective to S1.

Read after watching Episode 2: LINK

Better to watch S1-3 or just skip to S4?

Watch S1. It was fantastic.

Watch season 1, then season 4, and if you have time watch season 3 eventually. And if you ever want to torture somebody, restrain them to a chair and put on season 2.

Watch season 4 E1 & 2, Got a sense of macabre super natural. Kali Reis (Evangeline Navarros) is an American professional boxer and actress. She is a former world champion in two weight classes. To me, Jodie Foster is not aging well. She's only 61.

Yeah, so for episodes in and this season is proving to be a cluster-(bleep). Nothing is even beginning to make sense and they only have two hours left to tie everything up. The music and scenery are cool, some of the acting also, but the convoluted storyline is just not to my liking.

There's not alot of runway left to land the plane. That's for sure.

But the critics vouch for this season. And they said the final 2 episodes do a good job making the season satisfying. We will see.

Welp. Forbes said the exact opposite actually. I may be wrong on this one guys.

Quote:
‘True Detective: Night Country’ Is One Of The Most Disappointing Mystery Shows Ever Made

LINK
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:02 pm    Post subject:

I'm not wrong on Mr. and Mrs. Smith. That whole season dropped and it was great. Really enjoyed it.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 11:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'm not wrong on Mr. and Mrs. Smith. That whole season dropped and it was great. Really enjoyed it.

Me too. Finished it in one weekend. A couple episodes that were tried to be made very Atlanta-ish were the weak spots for me but that’s to be expected with Donald Glover. Overall a very good show. The 6.5/10 IMDb rating is hilarious.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Welp. That was a hell of an ending for episode 5 of True Detective. Smart of them to release it tonight. Would've been buried by the Super Bowl on Sunday.

The showrunner is good at making sure the final 5 minutes of each episode is good enough to keep you watching.

I'll watch the finale next Sunday. And then score the season.
It's probably a 6.5 right now. I think this comes down to bad editing. Some of the episodes could be 3-5 minutes shorter. And it would've been better.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Tokyo Vice season 1 was good enough. Gonna check out the first 2 episodes of season 2.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:28 pm    Post subject:

I've been rewatching a ton of Curb lately.

Watching S8E6 now. Ricky Gervais is probably the best guest star of the whole series.

And there have been a ton of great guest stars.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:04 am    Post subject:

True Detective season 4 stuck the landing. I'll give it a 7.5. Could've been higher if they cut about an episode and a half of filler in the middle.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
True Detective season 4 stuck the landing. I'll give it a 7.5. Could've been higher if they cut about an episode and a half of filler in the middle.

It's the date night show for the Mrs. & me. We will watch the finale this afternoon, then catch up on /Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I'm not a Donald Glover fan, but he was decent in the first two episodes.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:54 am    Post subject:

true detective
Mr/Mrs Smith
Sexy beast
Curb

Is a really stacked set of shows.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:49 pm    Post subject:

I made the mistake of watching True Detective S4. Jodie Foster and Alaska time drew me in. Didn't take long for it to reveal itself as a farcical franchise extension still chasing S1's wake, but still better than S2. It took until the finale for me to realize that this season was written by people who do not understand suspense, mystery, cinema, or writing. What a waste of time. Maybe I just wasn't asking the right questions.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:17 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Maybe I just wasn't asking the right questions.

lmmfao
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 8:31 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
I made the mistake of watching True Detective S4. Jodie Foster and Alaska time drew me in. Didn't take long for it to reveal itself as a farcical franchise extension still chasing S1's wake, but still better than S2. It took until the finale for me to realize that this season was written by people who do not understand suspense, mystery, cinema, or writing. What a waste of time. Maybe I just wasn't asking the right questions.

Wife and I loved it, YMMV.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:54 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Yeah, what a miserable finale. After all that we're supposed to believe that a group of armed women stormed the compound, left their DNK all over the place, marched the men outside, transported them with a truck, folded their clothes and left them for dead ... while the police didn't find a single piece of evidence (other than the one JF found by chance)? What about all the eerie half-dead people and one-eyed bears that kept appearing and apparently served no purpose other than to frighten the viewer? What about the random blind German dude, what was the point of his character? A colossal waste of time.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
C M B wrote:

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Yeah, what a miserable finale. After all that we're supposed to believe that a group of armed women stormed the compound, left their DNK all over the place, marched the men outside, transported them with a truck, folded their clothes and left them for dead ... while the police didn't find a single piece of evidence (other than the one JF found by chance)? What about all the eerie half-dead people and one-eyed bears that kept appearing and apparently served no purpose other than to frighten the viewer? What about the random blind German dude, what was the point of his character? A colossal waste of time.

Great points. Also, who cut out Annie's tongue? How were the scientists' corneas burned and why were their ears bleeding? What was the point of the oranges rolling around? Why was any of that flashback crap important? Literally none of it added anything to the story, nor was it worthwhile screen time. It was just (bleep) noise. Why did Navarro have to dreamwalk on planet Arrakis to hallucinate a new first name?
Do well-funded scientific research stations usually have electrical panels that can be accessed and shut down by just any ill-willed eskimo off the street? Wouldn't revolutionary scientific material be more secured such that it couldn't be obliterated by some tattoo faced shmoe with zero scientific specialization on a 3 minute random smash and grab campaign? Was Annie K the true detective since she found the top secret hatch in the dark? How did the entire gang of Inuit woman vigilante mass murderers/janitors all know to show up to incriminate themselves at the same time? Why did they all check in by touching the supervisor like she was Rudy? Are the people who wrote S1 trapped in Night Country?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:55 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Nobody wrote:
C M B wrote:

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Great points. Also, who cut out Annie's tongue? How were the scientists' corneas burned and why were their ears bleeding? What was the point of the oranges rolling around? Why was any of that flashback crap important? Literally none of it added anything to the story, nor was it worthwhile screen time. It was just (bleep) noise. Why did Navarro have to dreamwalk on planet Arrakis to hallucinate a new first name?
Do well-funded scientific research stations usually have electrical panels that can be accessed and shut down by just any ill-willed eskimo off the street? Wouldn't revolutionary scientific material be more secured such that it couldn't be obliterated by some tattoo faced shmoe with zero scientific specialization on a 3 minute random smash and grab campaign? Was Annie K the true detective since she found the top secret hatch in the dark? How did the entire gang of Inuit woman vigilante mass murderers/janitors all know to show up to incriminate themselves at the same time? Why did they all check in by touching the supervisor like she was Rudy? Are the people who wrote S1 trapped in Night Country?

Request that people replying to people who put spoiler alert put spoiler alert again themselves if they are going to spoil something. I haven't seen it yet, but now know something about an Annie. I just opened the most recent post in the thread and read yours first.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:27 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
C M B wrote:
Nobody wrote:
C M B wrote:

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Request that people replying to people who put spoiler alert put spoiler alert again themselves if they are going to spoil something. I haven't seen it yet, but now know something about an Annie. I just opened the most recent post in the thread and read yours first.

Sorry, I thought the first spoiler alert would have been enough. I will be more careful.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:18 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
focus wrote:
C M B wrote:
Nobody wrote:
C M B wrote:

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!

Sorry, I thought the first spoiler alert would have been enough. I will be more careful.
Maybe it only applies to me, and so not useful. I tend to read upwards from the most recent since I jump in and out of different threads and pages depending on last visit or such Thanks.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:58 am    Post subject:

The last airbender, I like it cause my kid can watch it but wish it was an adult version, better fights, darker plots
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:47 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Oh snap. They are connecting S4 of True Detective to S1.

Read after watching Episode 2: LINK

Better to watch S1-3 or just skip to S4?

Watch S1. It was fantastic.

Watch season 1, then season 4, and if you have time watch season 3 eventually. And if you ever want to torture somebody, restrain them to a chair and put on season 2.

Watch season 4 E1 & 2, Got a sense of macabre super natural. Kali Reis (Evangeline Navarros) is an American professional boxer and actress. She is a former world champion in two weight classes. To me, Jodie Foster is not aging well. She's only 61.

Hey Jodeke,

What is that IPTV service you use? My parents might want to switch from cable to IPTV. I’m wondering if I can set it up on their Samsung TVs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:53 pm    Post subject:

Classic Curb Your Enthusiasm episode tonight!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Classic Curb Your Enthusiasm episode tonight!

I was only slightly disgruntled (small d) with the episode.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 109 of 111
Jump to: