Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Started The Right Stuff and I’m really enjoying it. Sure it has that Disney feel but it’s more of the Remember the Titans vibe than a straight up Disney production.

Just started the new season of Fargo and im hooked already. Although it might have just a dash too much of the zany humor.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Started The Right Stuff and I’m really enjoying it. Sure it has that Disney feel but it’s more of the Remember the Titans vibe than a straight up Disney production.

When the season ends I'll probably binge The Right Stuff. Then check out the movie that everyone loves so much.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Finished S1 Warrior. Penelope took over her father's business. Ah Sahm put on the suit again. Have to give casting A+. There are some beautiful women in the series. I'll start on S2 sometime tomorrow.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Finished S1 Warrior. Penelope took over her father's business. Ah Sahm put on the suit again. Have to give casting A+. There are some beautiful women in the series. I'll start on S2 sometime tomorrow.

The women on that show are so deadly and dangerous. Glad you are enjoying it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Are they ever!!

The fight and sex scenes distract from the storyline which is, gaining power. I'm up to date. I've viewed all aired episodes. Episode 8 airs tonight. Next week the season's finale.

It didn't dawn on me that Young Jun was the son of Father Jun until Father Jun burned him out and he took charge of Hop Wei.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:27 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Are they ever!!

The fight and sex scenes distract from the storyline which is, gaining power. I'm up to date. I've viewed all aired episodes. Episode 8 airs tonight. Next week the season's finale.

It didn't dawn on me that Young Jun was the son of Father Jun until Father Jun burned him out and he took charge of Hop Wei.

The Hop Wei gang is the best part of the show. Young Jun is my favorite character. Really, that story could be a show to itself. An Asian American time-piece. A mixture of Peaky Blinders and Sons of Anarchy set in past San Francisco. Fortunately the other plot lines in Warrior deliver as well. There are always some unexpected surprises.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:01 am    Post subject:

Working on my top 10 list for 2020.

Gangs of London: 5 stars
Zerozerozero: 5 stars
What We Do in the Shadows: 5 Stars
Perry Mason: 4 Stars
The New Pope: 4 Stars
Raised by Wolves: 4 stars
Barry: 4 stars

Maybe Fargo and Warrior make my list when they are done.

Honorable mentions for: Godfather of Harlem and Watchmen. Shows that would definitely make my top 10 list but came out very very late 2019.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

@kikanga Other than Lovecraft Country 👎🏾your picks have been solid. I'm gonna start a Fargo binge sometime today. The Fargo featuring Chris Rock.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
@kikanga Other than Lovecraft Country 👎🏾your picks have been solid. I'm gonna start a Fargo binge sometime today. The Fargo featuring Chris Rock.

The first couple episodes are character development. So maybe it's a little slow. But once the pieces are set, things pick up steam quickly.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The first couple episodes are character development. So maybe it's a little slow. But once the pieces are set, things pick up steam quickly.

Just getting started. Lorne Malvo, Billy Bob Thorton, is a stoic cold blooded killer.

When does Chris Rock make his first appearance? Bob Odenkirk, Saul in better call Saul, is in the series. He has a mustache.

Couldn't get into Watchmen. Is there going to be another season of God Father of Harlem? I'm liking that one.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:26 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Just getting started. Lorne Malvo, Billy Bob Thorton, is a stoic cold blooded killer.

When does Chris Rock make his first appearance? Bob Odenkirk, Saul in better call Saul, is in the series. He has a mustache.

Couldn't get into Watchmen. Is there going to be another season of God Father of Harlem? I'm liking that one.

Each season of Fargo has a completely different cast. Completely different story. I think Billy Bob was in season 1. Rock is season 4. Some think seasons 2 and 3 are the best. You are in for a long journey.

I'm sure GoH will get a 2nd season. Might be a while with COVID though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Each season of Fargo has a completely different cast. Completely different story. I think Billy Bob was in season 1. Rock is season 4. Some think seasons 2 and 3 are the best. You are in for a long journey.

I finished season 1. Grimly got his man. That hole that kept showing up got Lester. This is not another Lovecraft Country. I like it. If 2 & 3 are better like you say, I'm in for a long journey. Good looking out kik 👌🏾

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I finished season 1. Grimly got his man. That hole that kept showing up got Lester. This is not another Lovecraft Country. I like it. If 2 & 3 are better like you say, I'm in for a long journey. Good looking out kik 👌🏾

Honestly, I can't remember how I rank the first 3. It's been a while. Seasons 1 and 2 came out in '14 and '15. Season 3 in '17.
Been a while since I've seen them. But I do remember enjoying them a ton. And I had to wait week to week between episodes. It's a show that must be a blast to binge for you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 am    Post subject:

Mandalorian S2 E4. Moff Gideon, Giancarlo Esposito, Gus Fring from Better Call Saul, lives. I didn't know Gina Carano was a MMA fighter. I wonder if she does her own fight scenes?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:34 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

When the season ends I'll probably binge The Right Stuff. Then check out the movie that everyone loves so much.

I enjoyed The Right Stuff...it is a family show mostly, but still very entertaining and a break even for those that prefer the more edgy shows of the day. Kind of a reminder that those guys walked a fine line of bravery and certified crazy for what they were doing at the time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

I liked GoH, but with those type of shows, you know there is a limited story because Bumpy Johnson was a real person, and we know he had an expiration date that was not in his 90's. The show basically begins in the last 3-5 years of Bumpy's life.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject:

I am liking the new show on Hulu...A Teacher. Maybe it is just me wishing I had a teacher that looked like Kate Mara when I was in high school that wanted to hook up....nevertheless, I find it entertaining.

Also, The Undoing on HBO has been solid.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Finished watching the mini series "The Great Heist" on Netflix. It's somewhat based on a real heist in 1994 in Colombia.

Not bad. Easy entertainment. I think there were 6 episodes overall.

I happen to love heist movies/shows, even the bad ones.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Finished watching the mini series "The Great Heist" on Netflix. It's somewhat based on a real heist in 1994 in Colombia.

Not bad. Easy entertainment. I think there were 6 episodes overall.

I happen to love heist movies/shows, even the bad ones.

Also my comfort food of genres.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:17 am    Post subject:

I've only watched the first episode, but "The Queen's Gambit" is amazing.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:49 am    Post subject:

Tried to start 'Money Heist' on netflix, first episode meh, worth it to continue?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:07 am    Post subject:

Secret city was good.Netflix iirc
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Tried to start 'Money Heist' on netflix, first episode meh, worth it to continue?

Yes.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:51 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Mandalorian S2 E4. Moff Gideon, Giancarlo Esposito, Gus Fring from Better Call Saul, lives. I didn't know Gina Carano was a MMA fighter. I wonder if she does her own fight scenes?

Indeed she does her own stunts.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Warriors season finally is FIYAH! Hong Kong movie style gang fights to close, when’s the next season?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 48 of 110
Jump to: