Hollywood Hoops: On the Luke Thing, Coaching Search, General Playoffs, etc

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:53 pm    Post subject: Hollywood Hoops: On the Luke Thing, Coaching Search, General Playoffs, etc

Hey All,

Latest @hollywood_hoops Ep. 132 - Lakers Looking for a Coach, Clippers Near End vs. Warriors w/@JoshMartinNBA
https://playlist.megaphone.fm?e=ADL9859878870

Cheers,

EP
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

This is off topic, but what do you think of this plan? Can Lakers/Lebron pull it off?

Lakers complete a Big 3 by signing Kyrie or Kemba on July 1 and then pursuing Kawhi in Sign and Trade.

Kawhi does this because he can get more guaranteed money through a S&T ($190m over 5 years for S&T versus $141m over 4 years). Also, Lakers might be viewed more favorably (compared to the Clippers) if they are able to get Kyrie or Kemba early in free agency.

Raptors do this to avoid losing Kawhi for nothing and it may help them rebuild if that's the direction they choose. They don't have much leverage over the situation because there are only 2 teams Kawhi will play for and Lakers have the better assets (versus an Anthony Davis trade where Pelicans hold the leverage). I would start with a low ball offer of Ingram, Wagner, 2020 1st Round Pick and Bullock (S&T to match contract values). It can be increased to include Ball since we would have signed Kyrie or Kemba to start at PG or include the 2019 1st round pick instead of the 2020 1st round pick.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
This is off topic, but what do you think of this plan? Can Lakers/Lebron pull it off?

Lakers complete a Big 3 by signing Kyrie or Kemba on July 1 and then pursuing Kawhi in Sign and Trade.

Kawhi does this because he can get more guaranteed money through a S&T ($190m over 5 years for S&T versus $141m over 4 years). Also, Lakers might be viewed more favorably (compared to the Clippers) if they are able to get Kyrie or Kemba early in free agency.

Raptors do this to avoid losing Kawhi for nothing and it may help them rebuild if that's the direction they choose. They don't have much leverage over the situation because there are only 2 teams Kawhi will play for and Lakers have the better assets (versus an Anthony Davis trade where Pelicans hold the leverage). I would start with a low ball offer of Ingram, Wagner, 2020 1st Round Pick and Bullock (S&T to match contract values). It can be increased to include Ball since we would have signed Kyrie or Kemba to start at PG or include the 2019 1st round pick instead of the 2020 1st round pick.

I hope that something like this can occur but I am seriously starting to worry that it will not happen because of our FO problems.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I've been thinking that all along, sign one max player (Irving or Kawhi) and the S&T for a near max player like Kimba, Vuvicec or Middleton...

Do it Mitch, err Magic, err Kurt...
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

That would be epic, pulling THAT off I think would be in the league of the Kobe/Shaq offseason under Jerry West.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: