Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject: Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2830417-should-lakers-keep-luke-walton-rob-pelinka-after-magic-johnsons-shocking-exit

Crazy times,

EP
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Crazy times indeed
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

Could be one of the greatest assist as a Laker by Magic. If Luke isn’t fired tho it will not be an assist, more like the teammate fumbled the pass out of bounds. We’re still sinking till then. My suspicion is that this is a power play surrounding Luke’s status.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Could be one of the greatest assist as a Laker by Magic. If Luke isn’t fired tho it will not be an assist, more like the teammate fumbled the pass out of bounds. We’re still sinking till then. My suspicion is that this is a power play surrounding Luke’s status.

Magic should've fired him on the way out. That would leave Jeanie with just having to deal with figuring out how to get rid of Rob.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

LG Editing team here...."Who decided to surround James will ball-handling non-shooters last summer?"
DillonSD
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

It wasn't Magic that was leading to Luke being fired. It was LeBron not willing to respect him as his head coach that was getting him fired.

Whether Walton is even a good coach, we don't know because if your star doesn't fall in line then nobody does.

What I have seen in the last 2 years is zero improvement from one season to the next. If Luke was supposed to develop our youth that has failed to happen.

Fundamentals such as free throws remain the biggest problem for the Lakers, does anybody think Luke is going to fix this next year? I don't
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Most incoming administrators will bring in their own people.
lakermann44
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: lakers need to move west

Lets keep Luke and bring back the older West to help his son.
foreveralakerfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Whats really sad is Linda Rambis, who apparently loves Pelinka, actually is allowed to voice her opinion.

Only 2 ways to bring the lakers back: Get Jerry West back or sell the team. Jerry Buss was fine, but his family is clueless and needs to get out. Lakers will continue to stink making horrible personnel moves...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

foreveralakerfan wrote:
Whats really sad is Linda Rambis, who apparently loves Pelinka, actually is allowed to voice her opinion.

Only 2 ways to bring the lakers back: Get Jerry West back or sell the team. Jerry Buss was fine, but his family is clueless and needs to get out. Lakers will continue to stink making horrible personnel moves...

Sell the team? That's not happening anytime soon. This is the family mula.

Jerry West is too old for Ops and this is why he's been a consultant. That would be a good role for him in Lala land. We'll still need someone to run Ops and there are very qualified people out there, we need one of them (maybe Griffin)
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

The Buss kids were born on 3rd base and thought they could learn how to run things thru osmosis...but when Dr. Buss passed they were ill-prepared to handle the demands and rigors of running a franchise.

They need to get some people in place that can help get the train back on the tracks. We need an actual vision and culture we can be proud of. These rentals year in and year out are not it. Can we have a TEAM of guys we can grow with ffs?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?

emplay wrote:
Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2830417-should-lakers-keep-luke-walton-rob-pelinka-after-magic-johnsons-shocking-exit

Crazy times,

EP

The problem with blaming anything on Magic is he's been a major recruiting point for the Free Agents available this summer.

If we bash Magic, are we shooting ourselves in the foot this summer?

Couldn't Magic serve as a BETTER RECRUITER outside of the organization, free from TAMPERING charges?

I'm not directing this at you, Eric. I wanted to bring that to the attention of our Lakers fans who don't seem to see past their own emotions right now.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?

GameCock-MD wrote:
emplay wrote:
Hey All,

Crazy times,

EP

The problem with blaming anything on Magic is he's been a major recruiting point for the Free Agents available this summer.

Couldn't Magic serve as a BETTER RECRUITER outside of the organization, free from TAMPERING charges?

I'm not directing this at you, Eric. I wanted to bring that to the attention of our Lakers fans who don't seem to see past their own emotions right now.

Magic aint recruiting anybody anytime soon. Whats he gonna say “Hey come join the backstabbing organization i just quit”?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?

socalsp3 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
emplay wrote:
Hey All,

Crazy times,

EP

Magic aint recruiting anybody anytime soon. Whats he gonna say “Hey come join the backstabbing organization i just quit”?

Magic is a Laker for life, in or out of the Org. I can't see him quitting on the Lakers and turning around and telling people to stay away...unless the Lakers start bashing him.

That's what I'm talking about. Let things end amicably and preserve a relationship with Magic that helps us in the short-term.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: Should Lakers Keep Luke Walton, Rob Pelinka After Magic Johnson's Shocking Exit?

GameCock-MD wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
emplay wrote:
Hey All,

Crazy times,

EP

Magic is a Laker for life, in or out of the Org. I can't see him quitting on the Lakers and turning around and telling people to stay away...unless the Lakers start bashing him.

That's what I'm talking about. Let things end amicably and preserve a relationship with Magic that helps us in the short-term.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

THE WORST THING THE LAKERS CAN DO:

Is to drag out the searches for a new Coach and a new President!

Jeanie needs to act swiftly and secure BOTH positions and get these new guys on board and stating to tell the media how they want to build the Lakers into a Championship caliber team.

By waiting, it will show ALL the big name FA's that the Lakers are not serious and are continuing to stumble along and thus WILL NOT SIGN HERE!

FAST JEANIE - DO IT NOW!

The two people you need are out there and available.

DO NOT WAIT to talk to the Warriors GM, or the Nuggets GM or the Raptors GM, it will just waste time as NONE of them are coming!

Get David Griffin, NOW, he has a good relationship with LeBron & Irving!

Get Lue, he has a good relationship with Griffin, LeBron & Irving! He has that Laker connection that the Buss's seem to care so much about!

EARTH TO JEANIE: SIGN GRIFFIN & LUE ----NOW ---
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

^Griffin went to the Pelicans today.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:

Damn... see she waited too long...
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
Mini Mamba wrote:

Damn... see she waited too long...

Maybe she didn't want him.

If Griffin wanted to be here he could've waited.

I guess Griffin wanted the Pelicans job more.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Team seems rudderless

Rob seems to be in control of basketball operations - at least now

Jeanie has worked to do - big time
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Luke's gone,

Pelinka can stay if he can get a coach that works well for the team, and that 2nd Max that works well w LeBron
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

I just wonder if Pelinka has the knowledge base to consummate deals with other Teams and if he burned any bridges as an agent prior to his current position..

This is where Mitch would have still been an asset, I was NEVER convinced Mitch was a problem, I think he was just following Jimbo's orders and took the blame.

However if Mitch was the driving force behind the MosGoof and Deng contracts, then I agree he had to go..!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: