Jerry West
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:28 am    Post subject:

West looks bad calling the Lakers a (bleep) show when they went on to win the championship. He is actually working for the (bleep) show.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:33 am    Post subject:

So, one of our basketball icons has verbally ished on the only franchise for which he played. That tells me that there were personal sour feelings mixed in what was supposed to be professional phone call. And, of course, he never expected those comments to go public.

I bet he still loves the Lakers, but hates the ownership at that time that handled matters less than professionally from his standpoint.

I'll classify that as mostly personal. That way, I can separate his personal comments from his professional accomplishments. No.44 still hangs proudly in the rafters.
teddyblue0902
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:39 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
So, one of our basketball icons has verbally ished on the only franchise for which he played. That tells me that there were personal sour feelings mixed in what was supposed to be professional phone call. And, of course, he never expected those comments to go public.

I bet he still loves the Lakers, but hates the ownership at that time that handled matters less than professionally from his standpoint.

I'll classify that as mostly personal. That way, I can separate his personal comments from his professional accomplishments. No.44 still hangs proudly in the rafters.

I have no doubt Jerry will always love the Lakers. But that doesn't mean he owes the club or its fans anything. Besides, the man is a competitor and will always try to do his job the best he can.

Remember how he talked about the role he played in getting Kobe to stay, when he was thinking of signing with the Clippers. How much even the idea of it didn't sit right with him. He's done enough for the Lakers already.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

Meh. Should have stayed in the locker room. Just sales talk. I don't hate him for it. He's on the Clippers payroll doing his job............

That said; I agree with the comment above regarding it going public that he called his former team a 'sh*tshow' right before that same former team wins an NBA title, while the current team he's advocating for commits the most embarrassing and heavily publicized choke job of any NBA team this century so far.

Yeah, that's not a good look Jerry.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

Jerry’s beef is with ownership. It’s still hurts for him how all that went down. He said what he said as a businessman. That’s how it goes. But like some have said his Laker love still runs deep. No slander for that man he’s done more than his fair share for this organization and will always be ‘The Logo.’ Real Laker fans know this mans work.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:59 am    Post subject:

If Kobe was here he would have been disappointed in hearing that call, and we all know how much Jerry and Kobe respected each other, this only means that Jerry no longer bleeds purple and gold and he is now living in his own Clippers world.. thanks for everything Jerry

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:00 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Jerry’s beef is with ownership. It’s still hurts for him how all that went down. He said what he said as a businessman. That’s how it goes. But like some have said his Laker love still runs deep. No slander for that man he’s done more than his fair share for this organization and will always be ‘The Logo.’ Real Laker fans know this mans work.

treat it like the lakers are accused of it.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:01 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Definitely sounded like Jerry on the voicemail. Also, isn't criminal impersonation to impersonate someone by making up a voicemail like that? If it's fake, then someone might be in trouble but I think it's real.

If it wasn't a reliable source reporting this like TMZ, maybe I could believe it's fake.
And no, I'm not joking. TMZ is pretty good at breaking the news quickly and accurately. As opposed to some of the fan fiction pushed forward in tweets by NBA "insiders".
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

As has been pointed out earlier . . .

1 - JW drew checks from the Lakers for 40 years,
2 - He left voluntarily,
3 - The team kept his son/s on the payroll for 20 years after Jerry left.

The Lakers have ALWAYS taken the high road WRT Jerry West. No, they didn't give him a piece of the team and no, they bring him back after he had been gone for 18+ years, but they continued to treat him like family and put respect on his name.

Jerry was a great Laker player from 1960-1974.
Jerry was a good Laker head coach from 1977-1979.
Jerry was a solid Laker scout from 1979-1982.
Jerry was an amazing Laker GM from 1982-2000.

That Jerry West is history. The current Jerry West is an ingrate and our enemy.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:14 pm    Post subject:

"You Either Die A Hero, Or You Live Long Enough To See Yourself Become The Villain"

sad day in Lakerland
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

2 - He left voluntarily,

The Lakers have ALWAYS taken the high road WRT Jerry West. No, they didn't give him a piece of the team and no, they bring him back after he had been gone for 18+ years, but they continued to treat him like family and put respect on his name.

I love Jerry. i just want the league to act like the lakers did this. we know there has been a standard we are held to that no one else has.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:25 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/18/jerry-west-kawhi-leonard-clippers-lakers-lebron-james-nba/

All I care about is the league's Front Office laying the smack down on the Clippers like they did the Timberwolves... taking away four 1st Rd picks, telling Balmer, West and T Lue to sit out the season, etc.

The FO has treated the Lakers organization like crap since the nixed Chris Paul trade... now the Lakers FO needs to get into the face of the league's FO to come down hard on the Clippers... ESPECIALLY considering the way Kawhi played the Lakers last year.

At least four 1st Rd picks!!
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
hydrohead wrote:
https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/18/jerry-west-kawhi-leonard-clippers-lakers-lebron-james-nba/

All I care about is the league's Front Office laying the smack down on the Clippers like they did the Timberwolves... taking away four 1st Rd picks, telling Balmer, West and T Lue to sit out the season, etc.

The FO has treated the Lakers organization like crap since the nixed Chris Paul trade... now the Lakers FO needs to get into the face of the league's FO to come down hard on the Clippers... ESPECIALLY considering the way Kawhi played the Lakers last year.

At least four 1st Rd picks!!

They don’t even have first round picks to be taken away
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

2 - He left voluntarily,

I dont think there is anything Jerry West could do at this point minus commit a terrible felony that should not allow all Lakers fans to revere him. This is the most important and influential man in Laker history. Thats it end of story
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:55 pm    Post subject:

If that really is Jerry, ahhhh hahaha.
He was either a great trojan horse, or... well yea.
Let's just enjoy his time with the Lakers in the past.
But please no more talk of him ever coming back to the front office.

But he's old. He just needs to apologize and I'm sure the fans will be cool with him again.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Halflife wrote:
dcastillo wrote:

2 - He left voluntarily,

Eh. Maybe Jerry West is YOUR enemy. He's not mine. You call him an "ingrate." I, on the other hand, am grateful to him for what he did for the organization.

-- Jerry West worked for the Lakers for 40 years because he delivered, not because he was given a gift.

-- By all accounts, Ryan West did a good job. He wasn't kept around as a favor.

-- Jerry West has worked for other teams for 18 years. I don't understand why people think he shouldn't prioritize the needs of his current employer, rather than his past employers.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

But wait. Jerry wouldn't be foolish enough to leave a voicemail would he?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

Not clowning, but he is 80. Still wise but I’ve heard interviews of his the last few years and it’s a mixed bag of being in the moment and being somewhere in some far off land.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
epic_ wrote:

Not clowning, but he is 80. Still wise but I’ve heard interviews of his the last few years and it’s a mixed bag of being in the moment and being somewhere in some far off land.

Unfortunately, it's Jerry on the voicemail.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Waiting for Doc Rivers to chime in . . .
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:27 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

I am sure he wouldn't leave a voice mail admitting to some illegal activity (which I doubt he did).

There wasn't anything wrong, from an NBA rules standpoint, about the email he left which is getting all the attention.

It's just ruffling some feathers because he criticized the Lakers.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
epic_ wrote:

I am sure he wouldn't leave a voice mail admitting to some illegal activity (which I doubt he did).

There wasn't anything wrong, from an NBA rules standpoint, about the email he left which is getting all the attention.

It's just ruffling some weathers because he criticized the Lakers.

You can't know that until you read/hear the totality of the emails/voice mails/text messages that were sent. If the plaintiff is taking this to court, they likely have the juiciest stuff in reserve and are holding it in case the Clippers decide to settle.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Sucks that Logo is involved but it's for the best. Adam Silver has to drop the hammer on the conniving Clippers.

They just maxed Pandemic P. Would be funny if they voided KL contract along with other sanctions. Wishful thinking, but still.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
From NBA subreddit:

Quote:
Lakers
GeorgeLovesBOSCO
11 points
·
42 minutes ago
I love that he gave his name in the beginning of the message. Might as well have said "This is Jerry West, yes THE Jerry West. J-E-R-R-Y W-E-S-T, Jerry West."

This (bleep) has a good chance of going back to back ... (to back)
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I (bleep) KNEW no good could come out of West joining the Clippers. Why do yourself dirty like this Jerry? It's the F'en CLIPPERS!!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 5 of 12
Jump to: