Kobe Bryant's Sirius radio interview pretty much confirms what I've been saying...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Kobe Bryant's Sirius radio interview pretty much confirms what I've been saying...

http://blog.siriusxm.com/hear-kobe-bryant-talk-about-his-new-book-during-exclusive-interview-on-siriusxm/

I've been saying this on this board for several weeks now. Fans on LG panicking, acting nervous, hating on their own franchise, falling for the clickbaits from all those ESPN hacks and other Laker-hating sports media germspreaders.

It wasn't Magic.
It wasn't Palinka.
It wasn't Jeannie.
It wasn't Lebron.

It. Was. Injuries.

Yeah, the FO wasn't perfect. And Lebron could have done things differently. But the Laker failed season was due to a clog of injuries that derailed the momentum this Laker team once had.

Thanks, Kobe for backing my point. I'll take the opinion of a 20 year career Laker Legend/Hall of Fame NBA superstar over a handful of Nervous Nancy, overly frustrated fans on LG.

Moving on to the off season...
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

I've been saying the same.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Why would Kobe bad mouth Magic, Pelinka, or Jeanie in a radio interview?

Anyway, none of that matters. What matters is that Kobe is going to be dragging Smush Parker until the day he dies.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant's Sirius radio interview pretty much confirms what I've been saying...

troy wrote:
Thanks, Kobe for backing my point. I'll take the opinion of a 20 year career Laker Legend/Hall of Fame NBA superstar over a handful of Nervous Nancy, overly frustrated fans on LG.

or because it is simply what you want to believe.

On what planet do you think Kobe would hold any of the people you list responsible in public?
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Besides a few extremists on here I would say the vast majority of the regular posters here are pretty smart when it comes to basketball and injuries is a pretty blatantly obvious reason for the struggles and I doubt anyone really says otherwise.

The thing is though, when things get dark or go bad people start really showing there true colors.. They continued opening there mouths and sounding like amateurs from the coaching, to the front office right along with Jeanie Buss.. Even the self appointed King himself has had plenty to critique on and off the court this season. That along with the mediocre signings and bad trades have taken a toll after being promised things were supposed to be turning around.

Saying all that they absolutely have enough legit excuses and the money and resources this off season to completely turn it all around and field a legit contender next season. The problem is most people are having a hard time trusting this current front office to be able to pull off several really good moves in a row to get us to that point and I personally feel that stance is very Justified to this point. I'm personally somewhere still in the middle just holding hope they do but i'd def. be lying if I said I wasn't concerned. On top of that it's a bad look when your entire franchise is looking completely dysfunctional around the league when your next season is extremely dependent on signing a great player and some solid role players.

Plus Kobe isnt going to bad mouth his idol Magic, his ex agent and close friend or Jeanie whether he has negative thoughts or not.. c'mon now, that statement from him means absolutely nothing really.

It's up to them now to shut everyone up and prove there worth and I hope they do.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Troy called checkmate on Kobe over Lebron Truthers...
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

lol
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Yes. He's a great former player, so he knows how to run an NBA team. It's the same exact thing as playing. There are no examples I can think of that can refute this logic.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Did you really think Kobe would badmouth his former agent or Magic? Come on now.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Did you really think Kobe would badmouth his former agent or Magic? Come on now.

seriously.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Kobe seemed very sincere in his comments to me.

But hey, denial is a terrible thing, I know. By the way, notice how the superior Clippers and the incredible Zubac beat the Lakers tonight.

Um...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

It's funny how you condemn others for hammering their agenda over and over again... yet here you are... making your own thread no less.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
It's funny how you condemn others for hammering their agenda over and over again... yet here you are... making your own thread no less.

To counter all the Laker hate coming from posters like yourself. Somebody has to defend the Lakers. I'm not one to kick my team when they're down. I'm not a fair weather fan...are you?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

To counter all the Laker hate coming from posters like yourself. Somebody has to defend the Lakers. I'm not one to kick my team when they're down. I'm not a fair weather fan...are you?

lol I'm here during the worst period in Lakers history... I'm old enough to have seen West play when I was a kid.

What do you think?
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
troy wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

lol I'm here during the worst period in Lakers history... I'm old enough to have seen West play when I was a kid.

What do you think?

Okay. Well, since you're older than me, I'll lay off. But I think I've made my point, and I don'tt need to keep going over the same things.
DD20045
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Yes. He's a great former player, so he knows how to run an NBA team. It's the same exact thing as playing. There are no examples I can think of that can refute this logic.

Zeke - checkmate.

Last edited by DD20045 on Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

Jerry Lewis impersonator: that's good sarcasm!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
troy wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

What do you think?

Okay. Well, since you're older than me, I'll lay off. But I think I've made my point, and I don'tt need to keep going over the same things.

I'm not one of those who believes age should be the determining factor in how you respect someone.

I guess like most I do respect my elders in person... but I believe whether you are 18 or 50 on a message board... you all are worthy of equal respect.

So disagree with me all you like... as long as it's reasonably civil.

I'll probably be cool with whatever happens if we don't trade away the rest of the core.

If they all go for AD... you'll probably suffer while I vent for awhile.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Injuries was a big part of the problem.

I'd say injuries is what started everything else.

I dont believe the AD trade rumours would have gone out of control had we been healthy, there is just no way any reasonable level headed front office would think that would help the team in any way.

What we should have done is just play through. We messed this teams chemistry up so bad with those rumours it'll be hard to come back from.

Our core doesn't trust the FO and it doesn't help when Magic goes on interviews saying he's going to hug the players and sort this out...and suddenly hours later go back on everything he said.

What im seeing now game by game is a team having fun while the vets cheer them on. Slowly but surely this team is gaining chemistry again.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Kobe seemed very sincere in his comments to me.

But hey, denial is a terrible thing, I know. By the way, notice how the superior Clippers and the incredible Zubac beat the Lakers tonight.

Um...

Clippers are trying to fall to the 7 and duck the Rockets.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:09 am    Post subject:

We’re forgetting free throws and the early suspensions hurt too. Then our guys started dropping like flies. I think those are the biggest reasons we are on the outside looking in. Luke’s head scratching subs and rotations didn’t help either. I mean we were in 4th and had just demolished GS in their house.

The FO and ownership hate started when we started losing in large part to said above reasons. I think just about everybody is (rightfully) salty about Julius being let go for nada. We’ve seen DLo turn into an all star and lead his team to the playoffs, so there’s more fuel to the FO fire. And I don’t think anybody knows what on Gods green earth we were doing at the trade deadline, but that was a failure in every way imaginable. That’s why there’s so much criticism. Justified? Sure. Harsh? Probably a bit.

I’ll reserve praise or harsh judgment on them until we see how this plays out the next 10 months. They’ve done some good things and some not so good.

When we draft Zion number 1, all will be a clean slate.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:

Kobe could have easily also gone the other politically correct route and echoed LeBron saying that he has total trust in Magic and Rob to specifically improve the personnel
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant's Sirius radio interview pretty much confirms what I've been saying...

troy wrote:
http://blog.siriusxm.com/hear-kobe-bryant-talk-about-his-new-book-during-exclusive-interview-on-siriusxm/

I've been saying this on this board for several weeks now. Fans on LG panicking, acting nervous, hating on their own franchise, falling for the clickbaits from all those ESPN hacks and other Laker-hating sports media germspreaders.

It wasn't Magic.
It wasn't Palinka.
It wasn't Jeannie.
It wasn't Lebron.

It. Was. Injuries.

Yeah, the FO wasn't perfect. And Lebron could have done things differently. But the Laker failed season was due to a clog of injuries that derailed the momentum this Laker team once had.

Moving on to the off season...

I guess no reason to fire Luke Walton then.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 3:49 am    Post subject:

Kobe has never backed down to no one except his wife. There are a few things the front office could have done better, but they didn’t sign any marginal players to long term ridiculous contracts to stymie the team. I’m fine if Walton stays, he should be given another opportunity. Lastly, harping on former players that are doing well elsewhere... simply continue to applaud their success — to the contrary if Zubac was going to be the next super center, nah why go there.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:14 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing that he means Lonzo's injury was the biggest. Without that guy, the Lakers turned into matadors.

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: