this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Re: this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton

LakerLogic wrote:
Japago wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
look at the Clippers, tbh, outside of Lou Williams and Gallinari, i can't even name all their starting lineups and they traded away their best player mid-season. yet they're a middle of the pack playoff team in the west. so for all your Luke Walton and our young asset homers, think about that for a moment.

oh by the way, you can also see Indy as another example.

You don't even need to look that high.

Look at a team like the Kings. They're better and they're mostly reliant on their young core. Look at how awful this team would be without LeBron.

35 wins last year and on the way up. If we kept DLo and Randle we would be competing for the playoffs like the Kings.

DLo is the feature player on a sub .500 team the weaker that west East.

Randle is the featured player on a New Orleans team that's even worse than the Lakers.

And the only thing the mostly healthy Kings competed with was a lottery pick.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton

troy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Japago wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
look at the Clippers, tbh, outside of Lou Williams and Gallinari, i can't even name all their starting lineups and they traded away their best player mid-season. yet they're a middle of the pack playoff team in the west. so for all your Luke Walton and our young asset homers, think about that for a moment.

Look at a team like the Kings. They're better and they're mostly reliant on their young core. Look at how awful this team would be without LeBron.

35 wins last year and on the way up. If we kept DLo and Randle we would be competing for the playoffs like the Kings.

Randle is the featured player on a New Orleans team that's even worse than the Lakers.

The gap between the East and West has closed significantly. Dude is 22 and his team has average talent yet they are competing for the playoffs. Can't ask for much more.

Very few as efficient as Randle on offense and still has upside. Perfect small ball 5 and improving 3pt shot.

Kings are also on the rise and will likely make the jump next year. Everyone expected them to be a bottom 5 team.

I guess you think these guys are finished products?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
so have we been advocating for the Clippers model? I thought it was the GSW model. Most of the guys that always want to move our young assets would have traded Steph and kept Monta Ellis, moved Klay for Kevin Love, and would not have paid Draymond to keep David Lee or sign Jared Dudley.

Steph became an All Star in Year 5 @ 25 years old.
Klay became an All Star in Year 4 @ 24 years old.
Draymond became an All Star in Year 4 @ 25 years old.

None of this happened overnight, and they had many chances to screw it up by selling early on young talent.

Lonzo Ball is in Year 2 @ 21 years old.
Brandon Ingram is in Year 3 @ 21 years old.
Kyle Kuzma is in Year 2 @ 23 years old.
Josh Hart is in Year 2 @ 23 years old.

BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
we have multiple talented young assets according to some, sure each of them have missed games, but the damn Clippers have NONE, all they got are a bunch of season vets and seldom heard rookies, and yet they're having a great season. oh by the way Lakers also have LeBron, despite his injury and other stuff, you can't deny he's having a bad season. so the differences are really come down to the head coach and overrating our young assets.

I don’t totally disagree but you need to take into account that our best young asset missed almost half the year. If he stayed healthy, this season likely ends very differently.

I think this must be therapeutic for him.

Is it still debatable? Because of injuries?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
so have we been advocating for the Clippers model? I thought it was the GSW model. Most of the guys that always want to move our young assets would have traded Steph and kept Monta Ellis, moved Klay for Kevin Love, and would not have paid Draymond to keep David Lee or sign Jared Dudley.

None of this happened overnight, and they had many chances to screw it up by selling early on young talent.

Yea I think we should try and keep at least 2 or 3 of them if not all 4. I don’t think BI or Lonzos trade value matches their on court value but we shouldn’t make any of them untradable. Keep an eye out for the right deal but don’t rush into anything. Adkindos logic makes sense but I think it’s overly optimistic to think 3 of our guys will develop to the level of the Warriors 3. He didn’t mention Barnes either who was playing really well on their first championship team.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton

LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Japago wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

The gap between the East and West has closed significantly. Dude is 22 and his team has average talent yet they are competing for the playoffs. Can't ask for much more.

Very few as efficient as Randle on offense and still has upside. Perfect small ball 5 and improving 3pt shot.

Kings are also on the rise and will likely make the jump next year. Everyone expected them to be a bottom 5 team.

No, but neither is our young core (that replaced them). Hence, my point.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Yea I think we should try and keep at least 2 or 3 of them if not all 4. I don’t think BI or Lonzos trade value matches their on court value but we shouldn’t make any of them untradable. Keep an eye out for the right deal but don’t rush into anything. Adkindos logic makes sense but I think it’s overly optimistic to think 3 of our guys will develop to the level of the Warriors 3. He didn’t mention Barnes either who was playing really well on their first championship team.

Our young guys have more value long-term for us than they do other teams. Their trade value is low at this point. It would be selling DLo low all over again. The difference, we have LBJ (still top 10 player when healthy) and hopefully another impactful FA.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
we have multiple talented young assets according to some, sure each of them have missed games, but the damn Clippers have NONE, all they got are a bunch of season vets and seldom heard rookies, and yet they're having a great season. oh by the way Lakers also have LeBron, despite his injury and other stuff, you can't deny he's having a bad season. so the differences are really come down to the head coach and overrating our young assets.

I don’t totally disagree but you need to take into account that our best young asset missed almost half the year. If he stayed healthy, this season likely ends very differently.

it's literally 100% debatable. There is zero consensus on who our best prospect is anywhere from Lakers forums, to non Lakers forums, to TV analysts, to quotes from players etc.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Our young guys have more value long-term for us than they do other teams. Their trade value is low at this point. It would be selling DLo low all over again. The difference, we have LBJ (still top 10 player when healthy) and hopefully another impactful FA.

I agree. I think keeping them is the best option. Hopefully they start the year off well and increase their trade value so we can trade whoever appears not to fit during the year or keep them and see what they can do. A trade this offseason will most likely be an overpay as you said.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton

troy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Japago wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

No, but neither is our young core (that replaced them). Hence, my point.

How is it a replacement when you could have had all of them minus Hart?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

it's literally 100% debatable. There is zero consensus on who our best prospect is anywhere from Lakers forums, to non Lakers forums, to TV analysts, to quotes from players etc.

I know, I’m messing with Adkindo. I’m pretty sure he actually thinks Zo is the worst of the 4. I don’t think it’s debatable but I’m aware others do. Especially amongst posters who named themselves based on a different young player.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

I know, I’m messing with Adkindo. I’m pretty sure he actually thinks Zo is the worst of the 4. I don’t think it’s debatable but I’m aware others do. Especially amongst posters who named themselves based on a different young player.

lol, I actually have Lonzo right next to Ingram as a prospect.

My main thing is that Kuzma shouldn't be seen as the same tier of prospect as Lonzo/Ingram and that we're probably better off by packaging him and the lotto pick this summer.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I disagree....I think it serves as one of many examples of why you can't conclude on young guys 2 and 3 years in most of the time. Curry was never viewed as a future Top 5 player at that time.....Draymond was not viewed as anything close to an All Star.....and Klay was a nice young shooter.

We all need hope. If fantacizing that Ball, Ingram and Kuz are going to turn into Curry, Thompson and Green helps get you through the night, far be it from me to say you shouldn't. Fantacize away!
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton

LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Japago wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

No it hasn't. The top is stronger, but the 8th seed in the east is going to be a sub .500 team, while it will take ~50 wins to make the playoffs in the west.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

People need to give young players time to develop. comparing them to players that came into league older is dumb. Like complaining that

It's kinda funny that people are bringing up Russell when the exact same thing happened with him and what happened there with both the narrative from the past and what we're seeing now.

Patience is the one things Lakers fans, media, and FO people don't have and it really hurts the franchise.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

lol, I actually have Lonzo right next to Ingram as a prospect.

My main thing is that Kuzma shouldn't be seen as the same tier of prospect as Lonzo/Ingram and that we're probably better off by packaging him and the lotto pick this summer.

Kuz fits really well with LeBron but he’s probably the only young guy who’s trade value meets or exceeds his on court value so I wouldn’t be opposed.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Magic is a mutha (bleep) idiot for saying no to Jerry West. He sets back the franchise everyday he still VP. he makes the most idiotic decisions.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

you tell them to lay off the weed?
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject: Re: this what i'm telling anyone who still believe in our young assets and Luke Walton

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Lakers have had 5 games all season with their best starters.. How is that Coaching again?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It's a good point plus we already moved away from a few good prospects
which are looking pretty good. Hopefully the young don't stay trapped on
the potential list and break through but the predicated patience the FO sold
needs to exist or have they already changed the path?

It'd be real nice to see another championship in my life time.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Watching Lebron's interview on Spectrum right now. He mentioned how he, Ingram, Kuzma and Ball were 15-8 when they actually played together, while being 4th in defense and 7th in offense. That shows us the potential this team has when healthy. That won't be enough to win the championship, but it's a nice foundation.

When a Lebron (and Rondo) goes out, the compound effect of injuries starts taking place, and it especially affects the young players mentally where in a vacuum they could win at least half of their games without Lebron, but they won't because they're feeling crestfallen.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Give me last years roster + lebron. Randle(Beast), Lopez(37% 3’s), zubac(soft hands/post moves). We had a solid foundation and magic f’d everything up. Not even Phil could coach this year’s roster with so much inbalance. Wouldnt surprise me if we landed no one this offseason. All the headlines are toxic. We will have traded DLO, and stretched Deng for nothing.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject:

I haven't been watching. But, the Lakers have been having more success recently than they did when LeBron went down and this team was being led by the young core. Another thing to think about.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
tony wrote:
Clippers and Indy (without Oladipo) are basically treadmill teams...and their situation is not even remotely close to the bs we went through this season.

Add the Thunder. I call them Bridesmaid Teams...good enough to make the playoffs, but not good enough to advance to the later rounds, or the Finals.

this is exact.

IMO, you absolutely do NOT want to be in this position. THis is very much a Spurs-type place to be, which is NOT Lakers. I know that doesn't sound bad....SPurs are always there, always good enough...but because they are so focused on this consistency, they are so boring, and even if they win, its boring winning. I should say they are not as boring in recent years as before. but they are also not winning anymore, lol!!!

I like the old Lakers way. Go for 5 year dynasties, all or nothing. playoff appearances do nothing for longtime laker fans who have their eyes on the prize, and are used to getting it. building up youngsters do nothing for us. win, win now. (this is why everyone is complaining about magic etc anyway). Lakers is not the training facility. Lakers is the big stage. lebron had to "audition" all those other years to make it here.

you need to shoot for a team that is scary good. one way or the other. scary good as in dominant, or scary good as in i dont want to play them in the playoffs. you do that with a scary player or two. shaq, kobe, these are scary guys to play no matter what the situation is. (lebron lol, not so much....no kyrie or love? just have hezonja guard him)

the bucks and phi are scary good. not dominant like the warriors, but scary. okc is pretty scary IMO, they dont succeed IMO primarily due to politics and officiating, and the fact that WB is not a reliable shooter, which is very weird to me. other than that, there is no reason not to expect them to be ring contenders.

oh but this team beat that team in the regular season? so what.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Watching Lebron's interview on Spectrum right now. He mentioned how he, Ingram, Kuzma and Ball were 15-8 when they actually played together, while being 4th in defense and 7th in offense. That shows us the potential this team has when healthy. That won't be enough to win the championship, but it's a nice foundation.

When a Lebron (and Rondo) goes out, the compound effect of injuries starts taking place, and it especially affects the young players mentally where in a vacuum they could win at least half of their games without Lebron, but they won't because they're feeling crestfallen.

big whoop de do lebron.
i can take any bad team and pick out 23 games with good numbers around it. WHOOP DE DOO.

remember that houston team that won like 30 in a row? guess what...they didnt do jack.

the way the fans here online are talking about these injuries is to me.
all this injury stuff is 100% nonsense of the most typical type.
i read so many reasonings about why the injuries are the cause of this trainwreck.

--lebron got injured and then everyone had to play so hard they all started getting injured one after another?! like what the hell????!!!! Is this like world war I trench warfare?? what is happening out there?
so when you and your friends play, and one of them cant make it...do you all start getting injured? sprained ankles, knee injuries, fatigue, lol?! what sport are we playing here???!!

yea that always happens to me. I was playing on a team, and our PG got injured, so I had to play point. Man, i started just all sorts of injuries. I twisted my ankle, my back got inflamed. Then our center went down, just out of nowhere! Then the guy playing backup for my spot just all of a sudden got some weird virus and he's out for the rest of the year! like wtf!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: