Brad Paisley breaks ground on free grocery shop in Nashville
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject: Brad Paisley breaks ground on free grocery shop in Nashville

https://apnews.com/2f5bdd226a674fd7bd9dca97c172475c

Quote:
Brad Paisley breaks ground on free grocery shop in Nashville

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Country star Brad Paisley took the controls of a backhoe to dig up the first pile of dirt in the space that will become a free grocery store to support needy families in Nashville, Tennessee.

Paisley donned a cowboy hat-shaped construction helmet for part of Wednesday’s groundbreaking ceremony for The Store, which is a partnership with his alma mater Belmont University.

The country star and his wife, actress Kimberly Williams-Paisley, said they got the idea after volunteering with their kids at a similar store called the Unity Shoppe in Santa Barbara, California. Construction on the Nashville store is projected to be completed by the end of the year.

“Hunger and food insecurity is a real issue in Nashville,” said Williams-Paisley. “One in seven people deal with food insecurity. That means they don’t know where their next meal is coming from. And it’s even worse for kids, one in five children.”

The store will operate like a real grocery store so that people can go shopping through the aisles and Belmont students and other volunteers will scan their items, but no money will change hands.

“We really want to get people before this is a major crisis,” Williams-Paisley said. “We want to help people in this gap where they are trying to get back on their feet.”

The store will be located on Belmont’s campus and next to the university’s Ministry Center, which will provide heath care and legal aid ministry clinics.

Paisley said this model “takes away the sting of embarrassment for a parent who maybe feels that way because they can’t feed their kid.”

Even the mechanical horse for kids on the outside of the store will be free, he said.

“The kids should not know what their parent is going through,” Paisley said. “That’s not stress a child needs.”
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of driving past the staples center at night

Prostitutes and Homeless Zombies everywhere and bars all over the windows and doors

While the building caters to Los Angeles citizens who make 10 and 20 million per year
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

https://www.thevintagenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/al-capone-provided-warm-meals-for-unemployed-during-the-depression-8.jpg

Al Capone started one of the first Soup Kitchens during the Great Depression
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Brad Paisley = Proud West Virginian
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Which is of course why he's spent most of his adult life living in Tennessee and California.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Which is of course why he's spent most of his adult life living in Tennessee and California.

or why he somewhat routinely shows up at WVU basketball and football games. I am sure you may be surprised, but there are not a lot of records being cut in Glen Dale, WV. I am a very proud West Virginian, and spent the majority of my adult life beyond her borders.

Maybe we should just ask Brad for his thoughts.....

Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

or why he somewhat routinely shows up at WVU basketball and football games. I am sure you may be surprised, but there are not a lot of records being cut in Glen Dale, WV. I am a very proud West Virginian, and spent the majority of my adult life beyond her borders.

I'm just messing with you. I know there's a perverse sense of pride a lot of you have about the place.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I'm just messing with you. I know there's a perverse sense of pride a lot of you have about the place.

That John Denver is full of (bleep). It's not "almost Heaven".
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I assure you that I could take you to many places within its borders that may change your mind.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I assure you that I could take you to many places within its borders that may change your mind.

No thanks, we've seen Deliverance. We know your tricks...
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

No thanks, we've seen Deliverance. We know your tricks...

that was Georgia....
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:37 am    Post subject:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/west-virginia-poverty-gets-worse-under-trump-economy-not-better/

Quote:
The Appalachian state is, along with Delaware, just one of two states where poverty rose last year, bucking the national trend of growing incomes and declining hardship, according to U.S. Census data released earlier this month. West Virginia's poverty rate climbed to 19.1 percent last year from 17.9 percent, making it just one of four states with a poverty rate above 18 percent....

The president has said he's "very proud" of the state and claimed that he "turned West Virginia around." His administration has focused on reviving jobs in the coal industry, which has added about 2,000 jobs across the U.S. since Mr. Trump's inauguration
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Hanging out with Uncle Buck in Bakersfield
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I don’t know, I had a pretty remarkable night there back in 1982, 1983.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/west-virginia-poverty-gets-worse-under-trump-economy-not-better/

Quote:
The Appalachian state is, along with Delaware, just one of two states where poverty rose last year, bucking the national trend of growing incomes and declining hardship, according to U.S. Census data released earlier this month. West Virginia's poverty rate climbed to 19.1 percent last year from 17.9 percent, making it just one of four states with a poverty rate above 18 percent....

The president has said he's "very proud" of the state and claimed that he "turned West Virginia around." His administration has focused on reviving jobs in the coal industry, which has added about 2,000 jobs across the U.S. since Mr. Trump's inauguration

so you are basically highlighting the Trump Administration has been good for the economy in 48 states.....not bad. Fwiw, WV has long acted as a lagging economy compared to the national trend....it takes a little longer for the economy to pick up steam....but also remains better than the national average in a downturn for a period.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Quote:

so you are basically highlighting the Trump Administration has been good for the economy in 48 states.....not bad. Fwiw, WV has long acted as a lagging economy compared to the national trend....it takes a little longer for the economy to pick up steam....but also remains better than the national average in a downturn for a period.

U.S. Clean Energy Jobs Surpass Fossil Fuel Employment
February 01, 2017
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:05 am    Post subject:

Key to all economies should be

Health
Mental Fitness
Happiness Contentment

Is your life ok?

(bleep) work. Are you, the citizen, ok or are you slipping into depression

We've lost contact with our own hearts and our connection to each other

When I was in college at the University of Oregon
It felt like Current America was built by frat boys wanting
To rape and pillage the citizens via our broken Capitalism
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Quote:

The economy was doing well under Obama. What's sad is that Trump fans personify the term, "dont piss on my back and tell me its raining" , except they see it and ask for more it.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Quote:

If you call 800 billion dollars worth of debt as good to any citizen then I don't know what to tell you

Any good he did it is because he borrowed money from the future with his tariffs and tax cuts for the elite which will destroy our future
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Quote:

The economy was doing well under Obama. What's sad is that Trump fans personify the term, "dont piss on my back and tell me its raining" , except they see it and ask for more it.

yea, it is only "Trump fans" that are gullible minions that repeat partisan talking points.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

yea, it is only "Trump fans" that are gullible minions that repeat partisan talking points.

couldn't agree more with that statement
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Politics?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject:

800 Billion Dollars Trump has stolen and wasted

All enabled by the cowardly trumpians

Straight cowards all of them

They don't stand up to scum trash like Paul Ryan. If any politician needs punched in his mouth it's that scumbag coward

They want US Citizens hurt and punished for electing a negro and accepting homosexuality

I don't want any citizens punished for being Republicans. That in itself is punishment enough
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
800 Billion Dollars Trump has stolen and wasted

All enabled by the cowardly trumpians

Straight cowards all of them

They don't stand up to scum trash like Paul Ryan. If any politician needs punched in his mouth it's that scumbag coward

They want US Citizens hurt and punished for electing a negro and accepting homosexuality

I don't want any citizens punished for being Republicans. That in itself is punishment enough

remember the biggest crimes the previous administration was guilty of per Fox News? wearing a tan suit AND wearing a helmet while bike riding

agreed politics
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

True. I forget. I treat all if off topic like politics. My bad
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: