Chick-fil-A Barred From Second Airport In Less Than 2 Weeks
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject: Chick-fil-A Barred From Second Airport In Less Than 2 Weeks

Chick-fil-A has been blocked again from setting up shop in an airport, this time in Buffalo, New York, the second city to retaliate against the fast-food chain’s anti-LGBTQ stance in just over a week.

State Assemblyman Sean Ryan, a Democrat, announced Friday that plans to include the eatery at Buffalo Niagara International Airport were scrapped. In a statement, the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority said it would contact the lawmaker to “discuss his concerns.” However, Ryan dismissed the offer on Twitter, claiming he had nothing to discuss with the organization.

“We can’t allow companies who support anti-LGBTQ groups to do business at state owned facilities,” he wrote.

. . . While the action in Buffalo against the company appears to not yet face a legal challenge, in Texas, Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) has launched an investigation into what he feels is “potential discrimination” and a possible case for First Amendment violations in San Antonio.

I applaud the decision to ban Chick-Fil-A from airports. But there is significant merit to the First Amendment Right argument. I'm not aware of any direct discrimination charges against CFA, so punishing the ownership for their stated religious beliefs definitely falls into the scope of a violation.

(note: I know this will shock all of you, but I'm not a lawyer, so my assessment is clearly deeply rooted in legal correctness)
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject:

best chick fil-a dipping sauces

1.) chick-fil-a
2.) polynesian
3.) sriracha
4.) honey mustard

best sandwich: spicy deluxe with pepperjack cheese

come for the evangelical homophobia, stay for the pickled chicken
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I dumped on them long ago.. it was the same time Target was going all high and mighty so I dumped on them too

I've gone to the fancy walmart again but never to Chick Fil-A.. They are deluded of the spirit.. no need to support them
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Their chicken is disgusting to begin with. Politics aside.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:53 am    Post subject:

Line too long for lunch, forget Chic-Fil-A

Gonna start trying fast food burgers again tho:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/04/01/business/burger-king-impossible-whoppers/index.html

Had the impossible burger at White Castle before, taste like beef
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

governator wrote:

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

I am sure that everyone applauding this clear violation of the US Constitution will continue with their support when some local government blocks a Hamburger Mary's? or even a Starbucks based on their founders beliefs?
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

I had it for the first time a few weeks ago because they opened a location across from my office and my co-workers wouldn't shut up about it. It might be the single most overrated food experience out there. It's not even particularly good for a fast food fried chicken sandwich. Do not get it.

As to the matter at hand, I don't think they should be banned from airports. As a consumer, if their politics are an issue for you (and they are for me) just don't go.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I am sure that everyone applauding this clear violation of the US Constitution will continue with their support when some local government blocks a Hamburger Mary's? or even a Starbucks based on their founders beliefs?

It's not a violation of the constitution by any stretch of the imagination. Local government is in no way preventing them from giving money to whatever organization they choose to support.

However, local government is also under no obligation whatsoever to support them as a business.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

A business can't deny protected persons equal access to goods and services, but a property owner can't be forced to provide property use to any entity against his will. Airports refuse to renew contracts with reataurant's all the time for a plethora of reasons. No individual business has an inherent right to an owned space. Property owners decide who get's access to the property they own.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I had it for the first time a few weeks ago because they opened a location across from my office and my co-workers wouldn't shut up about it. It might be the single most overrated food experience out there. It's not even particularly good for a fast food fried chicken sandwich. Do not get it.

As to the matter at hand, I don't think they should be banned from airports. As a consumer, if their politics are an issue for you (and they are for me) just don't go.

Bill of Rights is not a political document
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

this
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

governator wrote:

The line is too long for me adkindo, that's not against the constitution
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:

It's not a violation of the constitution by any stretch of the imagination. Local government is in no way preventing them from giving money to whatever organization they choose to support.

However, local government is also under no obligation whatsoever to support them as a business.

Which is why San Antonio changed their talking points so quickly to it not being about the foundations donations, but now it is because they do not want to lose revenue on Sundays.

It has become to the go to move for everything left....intolerant of anyone or anything that does not conform to their doctrine. The "nationwide boycott's" were an absolute failure, so they resort to this tactic. If they strongly believed that the good people of San Antonio are not represented by the fast food restaurant, then it would simply fail because the residents would not patronize the business. Yet, as an earlier poster pointed out....the only thing keeping people from Chick Fil A is the long line.

The irony is these tactics were common with the religious right a few decades ago, and I was just as much against them then, as I am now. I look around and notice that many of my friends on the left agreed with me then, but suddenly have a change of heart. No shock there.

Last edited by adkindo on Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

governator wrote:

was not the point.....their chicken is so disgusting, yet the line is long. I know what you mean....when my daughter was younger, I would hate on the days I picked her up from school and she wanted Chick Fil A.....20+ minutes of setting in line.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

governator wrote:

was not the point.....their chicken is so disgusting, yet the line is long. I know what you mean....when my daughter was younger, I would hate on the days I picked her up from school and she wanted Chick Fil A.....20+ minutes of setting in line.

The chicken is good, had it once. You're mixing up posts from different people
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Which is why San Antonio changed their talking points so quickly to it not being about the foundations donations, but now it is because they do not want to lose revenue on Sundays.

It has become to the go to move for everything left....intolerant of anyone or anything that does not conform to their doctrine. The "nationwide boycott's" were an absolute failure, so they resort to this tactic. If they strongly believed that the good people of San Antonio are not represented by the fast food restaurant, then it would simply fail because the residents would not patronize the business. Yet, as an earlier poster pointed out....the only thing keeping people from Chick Fil A is the long line.

The irony is these tactics were common with the religious right a few decades ago, and I was just as much against them then, as I am now. I look around and notice that many of my friends on the left agreed with me then, but suddenly have a change of heart. No shock there.

But if the doctrine is the Bible, then it's okay to be intolerant.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Very fine people

^^That made Trump tolerant of the left non racists

What about discrimination do we have to tolerate since you say we are being Intoleant?
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

What are some good places for it, whether chain or individual places, and price not an issue? I'm in southern Cal, but not in LA or LB, though work brings me to LA a couple times a month, but then I usually don't want to eat big.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

What are some good places for it, whether chain or individual places, and price not an issue? I'm in southern Cal, but not in LA or LB, though work brings me to LA a couple times a month, but then I usually don't want to eat big.

If you’ve got some time for a long line that’s worth it check out Howlin Rays in Chinatown. For fast food (which I admittedly don’t eat very often) I think the Wendy’s spicy chicken easily beats Chick Fil A. If you find yourself at Staples Center for a Laker game the Ludobird sandwich is also much better.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
focus wrote:
ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

If you’ve got some time for a long line that’s worth it check out Howlin Rays in Chinatown. For fast food (which I admittedly don’t eat very often) I think the Wendy’s spicy chicken easily beats Chick Fil A. If you find yourself at Staples Center for a Laker game the Ludobird sandwich is also much better.
Thank you. Looking at reviewers' comments for Howlin about wait times, gonna have to be to go.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

focus wrote:
ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Raising Cane is much better than Chik-Fil-A.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Ahem . . . did you read the original post?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
focus wrote:
ocho wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Raising Cane is much better than Chik-Fil-A.
I hated Raising Canes. Overrated is literally what I said after fighting the big crowds there. I actually threw it away along with the fries. I don't know if I've just had it an unusually good location or two, but I thought Chik had a surprisingly good fried chicken sandwich for fast food.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
If you find yourself at Staples Center for a Laker game the Ludobird sandwich is also much better.

Ludobird is the bomb! I'm still depressed that they discontinued the food truck.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: