Your projected Lakers Roster 2019-2020 - Hopeful, Realistic, Maginka Nightmare
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monster_montego
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Your projected Lakers Roster 2019-2020 - Hopeful, Realistic, Maginka Nightmare

Hopeful

Ball, Rondo
Ingram, Hart
Kawhi,
LBJ, Kuzma, Wagner
McGee, Cousins, Bol Bol

Realistic

Ball, Rondo
Butler, Hart
Ingram, Bullock
LBJ, Kuzma, Wagner
McGee, Cousins

Maginka Strikes Again

Rondo,
Middleton
Ingram, Stephenson
LBJ, Kuzma, Muscala
Cousins, Wagner,
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Dedmon | Wagner
LeBron | Kuzma
Kawhi | Ariza
Ingram | Hart
Lonzo | Curry | Caruso

+ lotto

McGee | Wagner
LeBron | Kuzma
Ingram | Lance
Butler | Hart
Lonzo | Rondo

+ lotto

McGee
Davis
LeBron
KCP
Rondo
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:48 am    Post subject:

I think Maginka strikes again is another punt for Anthony Davis.

It seems unlikely to me they would give up on their Anthony Davis pipe dream for Khris Middleton
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject:

The Magilinka Nightmare is punting everything to get Anthony Davis.

Failing to build around him or LeBron, trying to stack the deck with a bunch of one year deals.

Missing the playoffs again because of this.

Followed by Davis leaving in the off-season because he's had enough of that in New Orleans.

Meanwhile the Lakers are left with LeBron for another two seasons, and all their young talent is gone.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject:

Zion Williamson.

BI, Lonzo, Kuzma, Hart, Wagner, Bonga, Tacko Fall.

Kawhi Leonard, LeBron, Rondo, Servicable 5, fillers.

Your 2019-2020 Los Angeles Lakers.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Your projected Lakers Roster 2019-2020 - Hopeful, Realistic, Maginka Nightmare

Hopeful

Ball, Caruso
Ingram, Waiters
Kawhi, Hart
KD, Kuzma, Wagner
Whiteside, Bol Bol

Realistic

Ball, Rondo
Hart, KCP
Ingram, Bullock
LBJ, Kuzma, Wagner
McGee, Cousins

Maginka Strikes Again

Ball, Rondo
KCP, Hart
Ingram, Stephenson
LBJ, Kuzma, Muscala
Cousins, Wagner,[/quote]

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject:

Hopeful

Ball/Garland
Hart/Bullock
Kawhi/Ingram
Lebron/Wagner
Bamba/Dedmon

Realistic
Kemba/Coby
Lonzo/Hart
Ingram/Bonga
Lebron/Kuzma
Dedmon/Wagner

Maginka Strikes Again

Lonzo/Rondo
Hart/KCP
Ingram/Bonga
Lebron/Kuzma
Cousins/Wagner

all FAs on 1 year deal to wait on Davis
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject:

OP's "Maginka Strikes Again" even seems optimistic.

I think

PG: Ball/Rondo/Caruso
SG: Butler/Hart
SF: Ingram/Kuz
PF: Lebron/Bonga
C: Koufos/Wagner

This is the most Maginka move possible: A big move that doesn't address any of our most glaring needs (floor spacing, bigs), and "adds" what we need least (a volume scorer with declining efficiency who needs the ball in his hands). And Magic gets to pretend this is the guy he wanted all along, (he'll make up a story about him and Rob saying it Day 1). I think Javale and every other decent big out there can do better than the minimum. Koufos is a Klutch client and will probably get steered here. Having learned nothing, Magic gives Rondo whatever's left of our cap space on a multi-year deal.

I think Magic chickens out on punting again. After AD, there's no Plan B. He can't afford to get Paul Georged by him. I'm sure Rich Paul will be pushing him to punt, knowing that if one of his clients doesn't take his max money, he'll have another one on deck (Draymond). Plus, punting means 32-36 mil to spend on Klutch clients hitting free agency (Nerlens, Koufos...and KCP baby!) But Lebron will want help now and Magic is too dumb to know how to do that other than signing a name.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball/Rajon Rondo
D'Angelo Russell/Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram/Kyle Kuzma
Julius Randle/Mo Wagner
DeAndre Jordan/Ivica Zubac

Lonzo Ball/Rajon Rondo
Brandon Ingram/Josh Hart
Kawhi Leonard/Kyle Kuzma
Lebron James/Mo Wagner
DeAndre Jordan/Javale McGee

Trade away all our young talent, to build around Lebron, a 34 year old super star
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

The big free-agent signing will be Cousins or Butler and they'll trade the whole roster for AD. This is both the realistic and Maginka Strikes Again scenario.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

I have no clue what to expect from this FO. And I am not overly investing in any specific players either.

My only hope is that they settle on a plan and sign free agents for multiple years. no more punting or one year deals other then end of the bench fillers.

Contracts should be at least 3 years to coincide with James departure. Make the "splashy" trade before the season starts or let it go. No more lingering rumors or not so vague coveting of wanting "help" of players on other teams.

Hire a HC and build a roster that you can step back and say" this is it". Play together and bring us a championship in the next 3 years. Other then minor tweaks that is how you build a contender.

How much of this is realistic, fantasy or another FO screw up I have no idea. Going to be an interesting summer as we find out.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I have no clue what to expect from this FO. And I am not overly investing in any specific players either.

My only hope is that they settle on a plan and sign free agents for multiple years. no more punting or one year deals other then end of the bench fillers.

Contracts should be at least 3 years to coincide with James departure. Make the "splashy" trade before the season starts or let it go. No more lingering rumors or not so vague coveting of wanting "help" of players on other teams.

Hire a HC and build a roster that you can step back and say" this is it". Play together and bring us a championship in the next 3 years. Other then minor tweaks that is how you build a contender.

How much of this is realistic, fantasy or another FO screw up I have no idea. Going to be an interesting summer as we find out.

Or do both.

Put yourself in a position to have a "this is it" team while also having the flexibility to still keep the door cracked for the acquisition of a possible high end star.

You can do both.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Or do both.

Put yourself in a position to have a "this is it" team while also having the flexibility to still keep the door cracked for the acquisition of a possible high end star.

You can do both.

Worked so well this year, didn't it.

Time to build a team and stop with the transitional roster crap. Build some consistency and chemistry and make a run if it is still possible.

FO constantly trying to keep one foot on each side of the line is why they are in this position.

James' clock is ticking. Lakers can not keep shuffling the roster and undermining the confidence of the players (young and old) and realistically expect a contender.

Even if the roster is completed this season with all the fantasy moves hoped for, are they really competing with a first year roster? Or does it take time to build the chemistry and trust to make a multiple series playoff run against damn good and established teams?

Time they do not have with an aging and declining James.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

All some of u do here is complain. How easy you forget before injuries the team was on pace to win 48-52 games
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:30 am    Post subject:

All some of u do here is complain. How easy you forget before injuries the team was on pace to win 48-52 games
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

People who are listing Rondo, is that just your prediction? Or do you want him back? Please let it be the former...
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

I know one thing for certain, either DeMarcus Cousins or DeAndre Jordan will 100% be our starting center next year
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Ball/Curry
Ingram/Hart
Bron/Bullock
Randle/kuz
B Lopez/D Jordan
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Realistic and Maginka Nightmare are the same thing. Only Hopeful thing is if they get fired.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
The big free-agent signing will be Cousins or Butler and they'll trade the whole roster for AD. This is both the realistic and Maginka Strikes Again scenario.

I'll build mine off this template, BI isn't in a spot where they get fair value for him and Boston won't give the farm when Kyrie leaves to NY. That makes the deal Kuzma, Ball, pick 10, Hart, a future 1st and a signed and traded Chandler under his cap hold to make the money work.

To fit McGee's cap hold they may gamble on renouncing Bonga but resigning him to a guarantee with a player option. Theyll give Rondo the room exception. Realistic vet min signings would be Shelvin Mack, Luc Mbah a Moute and buying an ATL 2nd for an NBA ready forward like Robert Franks.

Edit: Rondo is as realistic as Lue coaching them, but if he's a deal breaker for you, insert Linsanity instead.

Rondo 24/Ingram 16/Bonga or Mack 8
Ingram 18/Bullock 30
Butler 34/James 14
James 18/Davis 10/Wagner 10/Mbah a Moute 10
Davis 24/McGee 24

I'll take that happily.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:

Agree except for the AD part. I don’t see NO giving Rich Paul what he wants.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
The Magilinka Nightmare is punting everything to get Anthony Davis.

Failing to build around him or LeBron, trying to stack the deck with a bunch of one year deals.

Missing the playoffs again because of this.

Followed by Davis leaving in the off-season because he's had enough of that in New Orleans.

Meanwhile the Lakers are left with LeBron for another two seasons, and all their young talent is gone.

I mean if we are looking at the long term, I'd rather wait 1 more year if it gets us AD than to throw 100m at Kemba. If it means "1 more lost year" for LBJ then so be it. Think about how scary we would be in 3 years when LBJ comes off the books, and we have AD in his absolute prime, a (hopefully) all star in Ingram, an improved scoring Lonzo, and LBJ's money to built on a core like that. If we don't get KL, KD, or Kyrie this summer, this is absolutely the direction I'd rather take. Plenty of us were willing to wait additional years to dump/stretch MozDeng, but we won't wait 1 more year to get a generational superstar who wants to play here?
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

If Rondo is on the roster, it’s a complete failure by the FO.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Harper
Bryant
Fox
Horry
Oneal
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Dominator wrote:

Agree except for the AD part. I don’t see NO giving Rich Paul what he wants.

Very possible, so I present scenario B:

Sign Butler and then McGee and Bullock with cap holds. Vet min to Mbah a Moute and Shelvin Mack, they're at the back of the rotation with Bonga. Use room exception on Noel. Draft BPA at 10 and he just makes the rotation better:

Ball 30/Ingram 18
Ingram 16/Bullock 24/Hart 8
Butler 33/Kuzma 15
James 33/Kuzma 15
McGee 22 /Noel 18/Wagner 10

10 pick, Mbah a Moute. Mack, and Bonga
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: