Jerry West & Clippers laughed at Lakers after Zubac trade ((bleep) MIKE MUSCALA)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject:

So not only did we get ripped off...but we asked for it?!
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Can we unretire Magic’s number?

Nope but if he does step down/get fired then he should at least have that "tragic" moniker attached to his non-player days.

Magic the coach/host/FO shouldn't be associated with the word "magic".
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

More proof that this roster was created by lebron. Yes Magic deserves blame for even allowing lebron to have a voice, but this is what lebron does everywhere he goes, especially in Cleveland since Pat Riley told him to mind his business. lebron picks the players and when it doesn't workout he puts pressure on the FO to change it and blames everyone else. C'mon Magic, you're better than this!!! I have a strong feeling that Jeannie is going to pull the plug on everybody if we don't get a star FA in the summer and good for her.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/21/17887304/la-lakers-magic-johnson-lebron-james-luke-walton-warriors-playoffs-analysis-quotes-haters
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

I hope everyone continues to laugh at our FO like the clowns they are
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I did say we are a laughingstock.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
More proof that this roster was created by lebron. Yes Magic deserves blame for even allowing lebron to have a voice, but this is what lebron does everywhere he goes, especially in Cleveland since Pat Riley told him to mind his business. lebron picks the players and when it doesn't workout he puts pressure on the FO to change it and blames everyone else. C'mon Magic, you're better than this!!! I have a strong feeling that Jeannie is going to pull the plug on everybody if we don't get a star FA in the summer and good for her.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2018/9/21/17887304/la-lakers-magic-johnson-lebron-james-luke-walton-warriors-playoffs-analysis-quotes-haters

Doesn't matter, it's on Maginka. Windhorst already touched on this. Lebron gives his inputs and ideas everywhere he goes but will never take ownership of it.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:46 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lol at these zubac threads and posts. yall really think zu is the next one? ALL OF A SUDDEN. lol at half of you trying to trade before the spl this season.

Have any of you ever thought about the idea that the lakers were planting a seed with the clippers and west? it's not like the lakers have a ton of trading partners they can have a talk to without a bunch of hater interference trying to botch the deals. maybe, just maybe we're playing the long game too. aside from any contract and financial reasons. you have to give to get.

People may have thought that at some point, but that doesn't mean they have to always think that. They can see growth in him and change their opinions. That is totally fine, and what a lot of people did.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:

Weird that they did the opposite of what every other team has done with Lebron. Every other team put shooters around him, and now we add primarily play makers. Were other teams not listening to Lebron?
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
So not only did we get ripped off...but we asked for it?!

You can't make this stuff up.Its unreal.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject:

Holy (bleep) people act like we’re Robert Sarver and the Phoenix Suns. Let’s see what happens in the offseason before jumping off the cliff. Don’t hate Muscala it’s (bleep) weird.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

most of all i cant understand what pelinka is doing. He was a well respected manager, we was an expert in cap space and contracts construction, what happened and he turned out to be the little dog of Magic?
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Sky is falling till you hear from magic just be quiet. I like Zubac but cmn he is not the next Shaq
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
Sky is falling till you hear from magic just be quiet. I like Zubac but cmn he is not the next Shaq

Maybe but it Doesnt give you much confidence in their decision making going forward does it?
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
We are gonna get Kawhi, the Clippers can have Zubac.

You sure of that Kawhi coming over huh? One thing I do know for a fact is good old Jerry West fleeced us good on that trade. But then again, he really just said yes, as the dummy laker FO called Jerry....

Last edited by FreakofNature on Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lol at these zubac threads and posts. yall really think zu is the next one? ALL OF A SUDDEN. lol at half of you trying to trade before the spl this season.

Have any of you ever thought about the idea that the lakers were planting a seed with the clippers and west? it's not like the lakers have a ton of trading partners they can have a talk to without a bunch of hater interference trying to botch the deals. maybe, just maybe we're playing the long game too. aside from any contract and financial reasons. you have to give to get.

I'd be fine it was just Zubac, but this front office has given away multiple players for little to nothing in return. In return they've had breakout seasons on other teams. That to me is a sign of a terrible front office and culture.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:

Lol what part of the Zubac trade makes you think it was some sort of a long play?? We gave up a promising young and cheap player for an absolute MF'N bum. Trading Beasley for that loser in itself was a bad deal for us, but then throwing in Zubac too is like inviting somebody into your bedroom to F your wife on your own sheets.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:33 pm    Post subject:

worst FO in sports
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
worst FO in sports

Magic Suns and Knicks are definitely the worst.
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:29 am    Post subject:

Kobesystem wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
worst FO in sports

Magic Suns and Knicks are definitely the worst.

We are definitely worst, nobody expects anything from those teams, we still got idiots filling the arenas for our mismanaged team
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
So glad this article was written. A little vindication for all of us cynics. Confirmation Maginka are idiots. I questioned way back when if treating Randle and Russell like they did the way to get PG13? I felt my thought process might have been too elementary, and these things have probably been decided already. But sure enough, it did play a role. Think about it guys.. we could have had Randle and PG13!!!!!!! In their harebrained zealousness for tough guys, they were all too anxious to drop Randle to go get Rondo. I cannot believe how they did not think how this all affected Mintz and his influence on PG13.

This Zubac thing was more confirmation we have idiots running the show. "Self inflicted wound" is correct. Jerry West laughing at us is painful.

Jerry West laughing at the Lakers org is richly deserved. The Zubac deal was absurd beyond all belief.

And it's even more deserved when one realizes how monumentally ridiculous it was that the Lakers ever let the man get away in the first place, and have inexplicably failed to correct the mistake in all these years since.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

I know it has suck to underachieve so much but keep faith guys

2nd max FA vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant

Still an incomplete grade... will judge this summer
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
I know it has suck to underachieve so much but keep faith guys

2nd max FA vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant

Still an incomplete grade... will judge this summer

KD vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant -- Huge Win -- Chances: 1%
Kawhi vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant -- Huge Win -- Chances: 25%
Kyrie vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant -- Maybe Win -- Chances: 30%
Klay vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant -- Maybe Win -- Chances: 1%
Kemba vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant -- Loss -- Chances: 30%
Jimmy vs DLo/Randle/Zubac/Nance/JC/T.Bryant -- Loss -- Chances: 40%

That's how I rank each situation in terms of whether it'd be a success and how likely I see each happening.

I agree Magic has the summer to be either somewhat vindicated or totally maligned but seeing how low the odds are of getting the guys who are considered wins, I'd much rather have had al those guys going into this summer and then move whoever was necessary once we got confirmation we have Kawhi, or whoever, in the bag. Instead, we gave away those guys who could have drastically helped us this year only to waste year 1 of LeBron and now if we don't get our 2nd superstar, we've got very little to no backup plan. At the very least, that roster + LeBron is a top 3 team in the west til he retires. But we also have a ton of trade assets for Mission Superstar that Magic is all in on.

And factually speaking, Zubac trade had zero do to with cap space. His tiny cap hold was negligible. Waiving Bryant also didn't free up cap space as he was on a minimum. Either, 2 more assets burned and neither contributed to cap room. The rest were about the space... we just haven't used it yet and might not be able to effectively.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Clippers are the biggest Laker fans. They are waiting for the next trade with the Lakers with their mouth watering.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

[Inappropriate comment deleted. Do not wish death on anyone. -CL]
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:

And no one said he was, but please continue to make stuff up and ignore what has actually happened. It was a horrible deal that was the brainchild of our FO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: