ESPN Article: How the Lakers Wasted Year 1 of LeBron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

BTW Lakers were 28-27 this year with LBJ
15-8 with all young talent and LBJ
They were 4th in West pre groin injury

I don’t think it’s a given they will do great
But there’s a GREAT chance if we can sign a max player this summer
That next year we’ll be a 3rd or better seed in the West.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:10 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:
DLo .... you realize he would not be the player he is today if he stayed in LA

No we don’t because that’s something you made up

LoL telling yourself that

Show us proof.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

And that is why Lebron was playing games against the weaker teams the last week and a half
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:

1. Kenny Atkinson is a 100x better coach than Walton and he specializes in PGs ... Jeremy Lin breakout player anyone?

2. Money DLo knows he needs to put it together to get paid

Quit with the hindsight. Ridiculous

The fact we can't help players reach their potential is an indictment of OUR FRANCHISE. Not the players.

And it means Magic was, big surprise, full of (bleep) with his statement about DLO after he traded him. What he should have said was:

"I like D'Angelo, but what he needs is a smart franchise that knows how to develop him. I don't know how to do that. I didn't hire people that know how to do that. I only know how to overpay for ready-made players."
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

And that is why Lebron was playing games against the weaker teams the last week and a half

The agenda is always there... I am sure LeStat sat down with his posse to discuss the narratives they can create...

"The Lakers were above .500 with LeBron in the lineup".
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

The agenda is always there... I am sure LeStat sat down with his posse to discuss the narratives they can create...

I agree with this. Dude is a stat padder and is aware of all these on/off numbers.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:

Show us proof.

They'll ignore the roll D'lo was on post ASB right before the Lakers got rid of him. that's the only way there's 'proof'
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:

Show us proof.

They'll ignore the roll D'lo was on post ASB right before the Lakers got rid of him. that's the only way there's 'proof'

Had Russell remained a Laker, he would have flamed out by now and probably be a shell of himself. Russell benefited from Magic's stupidity ONLY because he hit rock bottom while his talent was still believed in by others.

I was in favor of trading Russell. But not dumping him like Magic did...
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Had Russell remained a Laker, he would have flamed out by now and probably be a shell of himself.

This is based on nothing but imagination. We could just as easily say that if the Lakers actually invested in player development that he would have been the same player here as he is in NJ. If you're suggesting he would have flamed out with the current lack of player development, poor coaching and in the shadow of Lebron, eh, maybe? But again, pure conjecture.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Had Russell remained a Laker, he would have flamed out by now and probably be a shell of himself.

This is based on nothing but imagination. We could just as easily say that if the Lakers actually invested in player development that he would have been the same player here as he is in NJ. If you're suggesting he would have flamed out with the current lack of player development, poor coaching and in the shadow of Lebron, eh, maybe? But again, pure conjecture.

Partly... Magic is an idiot, but I am sure his perception of Russell is the same of mine and others who were not a fan of his personality. If your star #2 overall pick is telling fans to suck his d**k and snitching on teammates by recording them, it's not going to end well. Russell was on a bad trajectory. The Lakers didn't do him any favors... But Russell's dad didn't help him either. It was a train-wreck dumpster fire and the Lakers had no idea how to manage it.

We lost an asset because we had no clue what it meant to to manage kids who need direction.
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

Partly... Magic is an idiot, but I am sure his perception of Russell is the same of mine and others who were not a fan of his personality. If your star #2 overall pick is telling fans to suck his d**k and snitching on teammates by recording them, it's not going to end well. Russell was on a bad trajectory. The Lakers didn't do him any favors... But Russell's dad didn't help him either. It was a train-wreck dumpster fire and the Lakers had no idea how to manage it.

We lost an asset because we had no clue what it meant to to manage kids who need direction.

Why are you obsessed with people’s fathers?
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

imo there's two unspoken things here to be aware of

1. the situation *looks* unfixable even with the addition of an Anthony Davis or a Kawahi, unless a Lebron hired GM is there to assemble the roster to his specs.

2. ESPN jumping into the fight could mean A. they are trying to prevent Lebron with the Lakers from ascending and dominating the league or B. they are in cahoots with Nike/Sprite/Paul etc and just want to light a fire under things so some change happens and the biggest star in the league doesn't turn into just another damien lillard / Lamarcus Aldridge level dude.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

i.e. ESPN is either Lebron lovers or Lebron haters. They are either loving this situation or hating it.

judging from First Take's coverage etc at the very top, I'd have to say that ESPN loves Lebron and rightly so. Although I'm sure there is an anti-Lebron wing to the organization as well.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

We hired incompetent clowns, and turned down jerry freakin west..... epic grand master FAIL
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
YSong wrote:

Show us proof.

Go read DLo’s comment about be willing to be coached. Like I said BScott and Luke are garbage coaches. DLo would never be where he is if he stayed a Laker

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwikiuC3rK3hAhVqmK0KHdQkDnEQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2019%2F03%2F20%2Fnets-dangelo-russell-returning-to-la-with-his-star-never-brighter%2F&psig=AOvVaw0w1tBdysIeeYHdrbFcymay&ust=1554154934734398
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

You state something hypothetical, it cannot be proven correct or incorrect.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:25 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
You state something hypothetical, it cannot be proven correct or incorrect.

Facts
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'm not obsessed with anyone's father...

Sometimes we try to act like one thing has nothing to do with another so we don't have to deal with the ugly of it.

There are primary leadership and character issues which created a different lens for Magic when evaluating Russell...

Russell hits a game winner and his dad walks all the way across the court yelling "that's what I'm talking bout n***a!"

Just ignorant

Ignorant and disrespectful to Shaq and Kobe. Staples is not his ****.

Ignorant again...

He wasn't respected... Cannot have this happening to our star player. It was over man.

Last edited by Darth Los Angeles on Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

I agree with this. Dude is a stat padder and is aware of all these on/off numbers.

His new nickname is Stat Padford lol
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
akk7 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:
RG73 wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

I'm not obsessed with anyone's father...

Sometimes we try to act like one thing has nothing to do with another so we don't have to deal with the ugly of it.

There are primary leadership and character issues which created a different lens for Magic when evaluating Russell...

Russell hits a game winner and his dad walks all the way across the court yelling "that's what I'm talking bout n***a!"

Just ignorant

Ignorant and disrespectful to Shaq and Kobe. Staples is not his ****.

Ignorant again...

He wasn't respected... Cannot have this happening to our star player. It was over man.

Hahaha

you are prickling over these trifles and delicate perceived slights and signs of disrespect.

what are you gonna say when we get into year 7, 8, 9 of this Lakers disaster, with Magic flailing around like he's having a bad trip in a dirty las vegas bathtub, trying to blame everybody else while Rome burns and the franchise halves in value. Holy **** if Lebron unloads and demands a trade that's it, and Magic has followed through on all his bitterness and Kobe Phil hating of the 2000s and completely ****ed all Laker fans, and that includes Magic loyalists like you.

Magic is approaching a kind of Trumpian critical mass right now, it's very interesting to watch, he may actually eclipse prime knicks Isaiah
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Sssmush wrote:
i.e. ESPN is either Lebron lovers or Lebron haters. They are either loving this situation or hating it.

judging from First Take's coverage etc at the very top, I'd have to say that ESPN loves Lebron and rightly so. Although I'm sure there is an anti-Lebron wing to the organization as well.

Do you actually think ESPN has staff meetings to discuss whether they should be pro-Lebron or anti-Lebron, or pro-Laker or anti-Laker? In this weird day and age, maybe you do. Conspiracy theories are hot right now.

ESPN has a whole bunch of people with a whole bunch of different opinions. ESPN likes to set them up to argue with each other. ESPN is about ratings, not fan agendas. The Lakers draw ratings, so ESPN just wants the Lakers to be interesting. Interesting good? Interesting bad? It doesn't matter to ESPN, as long as it is interesting.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sssmush wrote:

Do you actually think ESPN has staff meetings to discuss whether they should be pro-Lebron or anti-Lebron, or pro-Laker or anti-Laker? In this weird day and age, maybe you do. Conspiracy theories are hot right now.

ESPN has a whole bunch of people with a whole bunch of different opinions. ESPN likes to set them up to argue with each other. ESPN is about ratings, not fan agendas. The Lakers draw ratings, so ESPN just wants the Lakers to be interesting. Interesting good? Interesting bad? It doesn't matter to ESPN, as long as it is interesting.

yes, of course what you say is obviously right and I do agree with you. That was a big splashy article, however, and such powerful opnion makers at ESPN as Stephen A Smith, Max Kellerman and Ramona Shelburne have been extremely reluctant to criticize Magic Johnson at all for years. Commentators crowed about what an amazing move trading DAngelo Russell for a #27 pick was, and barely made a peep when Lopez and Randle were abandoned. Sure there were a few question marks when KCP, Rondo, Lance, McGee, Beasley and the rest of the weirdo squad were signed, but hey, Magic was a "basketball savant" and combined with Lonzo that crew might be magical. Of course by the time zubac was being traded for Muscala the eyebrows were starting to raise. but yeah

ultimately, ESPN is just one of the outward facing fronts or media arms of a group of corporations and business conglomerates who are now watching their multi billion $$ "The King" gravy train being driven off a cliff by Magic Johnson, whiles he says "woooooo baby! yeah!"

cause, you know, it's showtime right?
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject:

if I was gonna kind of psychoanalyze the situation, I might say that Magic is extremely bitter and resents all the privileged "Buss kids", resents that he was passed over by Jerry Buss for the president of basketball job, resents having sold his stake in the Lakers before valuations skyrocketed, resents a lot of things about the Lakers' culture.

and look I am not trying to get personal here, I was a fan of Magic as a player and I dont know why things got like this, but if I were one of the Laker owners I wouldn't let Magic anywhere NEAR the controls to the team.

honestly I'd much rather promote Pelinka to president, and either he keeps the gm job too builds an analytics team, or hires Jerry West's son as gm or something like that.
Sssmush
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

or jeeezus hire Kobe as president of basketball that would be so obvious. With Pelinka as GM.

that's the move right there, other people must surely be talking about that
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:02 am    Post subject:

More like LeBron wasted year 71 of the Lakers. Dude will never be a Laker. Sorry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10
Jump to: