ESPN Article: How the Lakers Wasted Year 1 of LeBron
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
What the (bleep) is Magic Johnson doing?

Seriously!!!

I miss Mitch 'Zero Hype' Kupchak
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
What the (bleep) is Magic Johnson doing?

Matt Barnes with a good segment on Cowherd’s show...he described it perfectly: Loose lips sink ships.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

I'm glad this is all in the public for the world to see. Great reporting by ESPN.

It's a positive because I think Magic had his own ego up his (bleep) and he needs to be told he's doing a horrendous job.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

Yeah that was brutal to read. Turns out treating people like crap bites you in the ass. PG always struck me as a guy who cared about those things
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
No, no, no. I've been assured by several LG posters that relationships don't matter and Magic Johnson has done nothing wrong.

I was assured it was all Luke Walton's fault. Go figure...
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I'm glad this is all in the public for the world to see. Great reporting by ESPN.

It's a positive because I think Magic had his own ego up his (bleep) and he needs to be told he's doing a horrendous job.

Doesn’t that depend on how Magic accepting this news? Is he agreeing with the premise or dismissing it as an uninformed hatchet job?

In conversations behind closed doors does he justify every decision and move as necessary to completing the 2 max plan with James already in place. Are he and Pelinka thinking they are doing a horrendous job?

What happens this summer will reveal a lot about their mindset. Going to be interesting to see how they fix this mess.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Paul George clearly was NEVER going to sign here based on those article's info.

Magic/Pelinka basically diminishing their ties with Mintz by trading Dlo, then by not prioritizing Randle.

Brewer going to OKC basically told PG13 all he needed to know about the Lakers' FO.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

First, ESPN hates the Lakers. They use us for click-fodder with their anti-Laker drama, and it always works.

Second, *F* Paula George. None of his teams have ever been to the NBA Finals, and even with Westbrook, they're looking at yet another 1st round exit. Having Paula would not have gotten us anything other than a 1st round exit. Stop building this weak minded loser up as some great NBA Finals mesiah. He's an overachieving beta and he's right where he belongs, with another no Ring-getting fool (Westbrook).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Hurts to read but isn't it all a rehash of all the criticisms we in LG have been discussing all year?

ESPN just made the details known to casual fans throughout the country.

Issue for me is now what? How will the FO and ownership handle all the dirty laundry being made very public? How do they address and recover from this clusterf*** of a season?

Do they scoff and ignore or own their mistakes and address the issues.

Sadly the person who will likely refuse to read it is Jeanie Buss.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
First, ESPN hates the Lakers. They use us for click-fodder with their anti-Laker drama, and it always works.

Second, *F* Paula George. None of his teams have ever been to the NBA Finals, and even with Westbrook, they're looking at yet another 1st round exit. Having Paula would not have gotten us anything other than a 1st round exit. Stop building this weak minded loser up as some great NBA Finals mesiah. He's an overachieving beta and he's right where he belongs, with another no Ring-getting fool (Westbrook).

That’s the spirit, turn that blind eye.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Hurts to read but isn't it all a rehash of all the criticisms we in LG have been discussing all year?

ESPN just made the details known to casual fans throughout the country.

Issue for me is now what? How will the FO and ownership handle all the dirty laundry being made very public? How do they address and recover from this clusterf*** of a season?

Do they scoff and ignore or own their mistakes and address the issues.

Sadly the person who will likely refuse to read it is Jeanie Buss.

She thinks Magic and Pelinka have done a remarkable job.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

Dude had bullet points of Lance getting a tech for air guitar and Lebron showing up to arena with wine. He must have needed some filler for this article.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Interesting tidbits for me (and I like Dave McM...).

-Corey Brewer spilled the beans on Lakers/Magic to PG13 when he joined OKC.
-we were interested in trading for Jimmy.

Hopefully Chris Paul chats it up with KL about his experience with Doc Rivers.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:

Doesn’t that depend on how Magic accepting this news? Is he agreeing with the premise or dismissing it as an uninformed hatchet job?

In conversations behind closed doors does he justify every decision and move as necessary to completing the 2 max plan with James already in place. Are he and Pelinka thinking they are doing a horrendous job?

What happens this summer will reveal a lot about their mindset. Going to be interesting to see how they fix this mess.

No doubt that this summer will reveal their mindset. If they construct another poor roster, I am going to have a major conundrum as a lifelong Lakers and Magic fan.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:14 am    Post subject:

I’m gonna go with what SAS said, there will be FO changes this summer IMO, reading the fluff pieces makes me cringe because it is exactly what Laker haters want to read so they can laugh at our decisions...

I would give it a 70% chance we fire Pelinka and a 20% chance we fire Magic. they should be ashamed of themselves.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

Again, please somebody make a yawn emoji!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I’m gonna go with what SAS said, there will be FO changes this summer IMO, reading the fluff pieces makes me cringe because it is exactly what Laker haters want to read so they can laugh at our decisions...

I would give it a 70% chance we fire Pelinka and a 20% chance we fire Magic. they should be ashamed of themselves.

No one takes SAS seriously. He is simply an entertainer who randomly spouts stuff. By the law of averages, some of it comes true. That's about it. But if it makes you feel good to believe some of his gibberish, go away.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Again, please somebody make a yawn emoji!
?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

No doubt that this summer will reveal their mindset. If they construct another poor roster, I am going to have a major conundrum as a lifelong Lakers and Magic fan.

They have already revealed their mindset. They are incompetent.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

agreed, this season couldn't have gone any worse. at least LBJ admits the roster construction was a joke.

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Magic is the kind of guy that is all buddy buddy to your face and then stabs you in the back. No one likes those people and it seems to have spread. PG didn't give the Lakers a shot because he likely heard how (bleep) pathetic the organization is. It's not only that they lost Randle and Russell. The way they treated them was beyond unneeded and a ridiculous.

I've been a Lakers fan my entire life but if I was an NBA FA this summer they would be one of my last choices.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

yinoma2001 wrote:

Quote:
Giving up Zubac to add an impactful player to the roster would have been a necessary cost. Trading a promising player to free Beasley's spot -- who the Lakers could've simply cut -- for Muscala, who shot 20.8 percent from 3 in his first 11 games with L.A., was a self-inflicted wound.

Shortly after the trade deadline, Clippers consultant Jerry West -- who spent more than 40 years with the Lakers as a player, coach and executive -- got together for dinner with old friends who also had former Laker ties, sources said. He couldn't believe how Zubac fell into his lap. The Clippers, sources said, never even called the Lakers to inquire about Zubac. The Lakers made the offer and the Clippers gladly accepted.

Sources said the dinner table shared a hearty laugh at the Lakers' expense.

This is the part that kills me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No one takes SAS seriously. He is simply an entertainer who randomly spouts stuff. By the law of averages, some of it comes true. That's about it. But if it makes you feel good to believe some of his gibberish, go away.

You don’t think this FO is under pressure? They will get canned if they don’t deliver.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Pelinka and Magic have no clue what they're doing going off of the details emerging from this article and other sources. The Zubac trade is a fireable offense. If they don't deliver us a team that looks like a contender this summer then they have to go.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10
Jump to: