Could Kemba Walker Fill the Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade Role Next to LeBron James?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Much rather get Kemba than Jimmy Butler

Kemba will give us better balance on offense with his outside shooting
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

At 29 years old Kemba would definitely have enough in the tank to offer to our struggling franchise and lack of STAR Power to support LBJ. Albeit, I'm not sure if Kemba is the right fit with our current crop.

It will be interesting to see how Zo bounces back from his so called "Injury". The one semi-consistent aspect of his game was his defense and his ability to guard the wing and opposing guards. He had some pretty good sequences on defense for us this year.

I'll say this, Chemistry is important. At the High School level of coaching, you look over your personnel and determine your offensive sets, in College, most likely you should be able to fit players in your system. In NBA its more about the Isolation game pending execution of a set and allowing the players to go for theirs or get others involved.

This was one of the main problems with our team this year, because in truth, we had players who could score the ball, but not necessarily get others involved, so when LBJ and Zo went down, we had no symmetry at all to speak of. Kuzma got better at incorporating others later in the season as we've all seen recently...

Kemba can play that roll, but I'm sure we'd have to find him suitable pieces that could finish on the receiving end. Having a balance is going to be key going forward, however I like the thought of Kemba on the team, but where would he play with Zo.

Or do we look to trade Zo and pieces at draft time?
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
At 29 years old Kemba would definitely have enough in the tank to offer to our struggling franchise and lack of STAR Power to support LBJ. Albeit, I'm not sure if Kemba is the right fit with our current crop.

It will be interesting to see how Zo bounces back from his so called "Injury". The one semi-consistent aspect of his game was his defense and his ability to guard the wing and opposing guards. He had some pretty good sequences on defense for us this year.

I'll say this, Chemistry is important. At the High School level of coaching, you look over your personnel and determine your offensive sets, in College, most likely you should be able to fit players in your system. In NBA its more about the Isolation game pending execution of a set and allowing the players to go for theirs or get others involved.

This was one of the main problems with our team this year, because in truth, we had players who could score the ball, but not necessarily get others involved, so when LBJ and Zo went down, we had no symmetry at all to speak of. Kuzma got better at incorporating others later in the season as we've all seen recently...

Kemba can play that roll, but I'm sure we'd have to find him suitable pieces that could finish on the receiving end. Having a balance is going to be key going forward, however I like the thought of Kemba on the team, but where would he play with Zo.

Or do we look to trade Zo and pieces at draft time?

I would keep Zo. He passes the ball so quickly and doesn’t dominate the ball like a typical PG.

I think we honestly turn him into a 3 and D point guard.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: