6. Madison Bumgarner – Twins. Four years, $72MM

7. Yasmani Grandal – Reds. Four years, $68MM

8. Nicholas Castellanos – White Sox. Four years, $58MM

9. Hyun-Jin Ryu – Rangers. Three years, $54MM

10. Jake Odorizzi – Twins. Three years, $51MM

11. Marcell Ozuna – Giants. Three years, $45MM

12. Didi Gregorius – Reds. Three years, $42MM

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/11/mlb-free-agent-predictions-2020.html

ESPN’s Jeff Passan is saying the Dodgers will sign Rendon to a 5 year $200MM contract!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

LA doesn’t seem like it’d fit Rendon’s personality but I’d love to be wrong
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
2019-20 Top 50 MLB Free Agents With Predictions

1. Gerrit Cole – Angels. Eight years, $256MM

2. Anthony Rendon – Nationals. Seven years, $235MM

3. Stephen Strasburg – Nationals. Six years, $180MM

If Boras gets that sort of deal for Strasburg, I'll be impressed. Durability is a serious issue for him.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

If we get Rendon, who else is left to challenge us in the NL?

Washington? They'll be losing a major piece
Atlanta? They might be losing Josh Donaldson
Phillies? Only if they can get Gerrit Cole
Arizona? Probably not ready
Mets? They might be losing Wheeler
St Louis? Maybe, but they can't hit
San Diego? Only if they can get Gerrit Cole
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

have to wait and see what rosters actually look like in March. I think there will be a lot more shakeup this winter from trades than there will be from free agency. There could be some serious needle movers changing teams this summer....Francisco Lindor? Mookie Betts? Kris Bryant?
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Looks like robot umps have their own issues. Guys still argue strikes and balls and get kicked out of games. Could take some getting used to.

LINK

LINK

I mean it did look a bit low.

Those pitches would normally be called a ball. Still funny to see those guys get so upset at the calls made by a robot ump.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

have to wait and see what rosters actually look like in March. I think there will be a lot more shakeup this winter from trades than there will be from free agency. There could be some serious needle movers changing teams this summer....Francisco Lindor? Mookie Betts? Kris Bryant?

But not many moves that can make any team in the NL look better than the Dodgers (on paper) should the Dodgers sign Rendon.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

But not many moves that can make any team in the NL look better than the Dodgers (on paper) should the Dodgers sign Rendon.

It's not that simple. If you drop $40M into the existing salary structure, what does that do to the roster? You can't just assume that the Dodgers will keep everyone else and then add $40M in payroll. In fact, you have a number of arbitration eligible players, and that is always a wild card. I don't know the specific details for the players on the Dodgers, but some of those guys will get hefty raises. And then there is the Ryu situation. If he goes, you are going to need another starter, if not two.

Every successful team faces these problems. Luhnow has his hands full here in Houston. The Dodgers are a much higher revenue team than the Astros, but they haven't shown an inclination to spend crazy money. I would expect the Dodgers to have the strongest roster in the NL next year. From a distance, I have my doubts about whether dropping $40M on a third baseman is the right way to maximize the roster. Rendon is an Owl, though, and that must be worth an extra $10M. Right?
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Dodgers seem to love to sign "Dodgers killers". It didn't really work out with Joe Kelly and AJ Pollock.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

at least early reports from unnamed agents is there is more exploratory communication going on this time of year compared to the previous couple years...
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MLBPA Investigating Team Coordination In Free Agency

NEW YORK -- Two days into the free-agent market, the players' association already is angry at a club.

Union head Tony Clark issued a statement Wednesday in response to remarks attributed to Atlanta Braves general manager Alex Anthopoulos during a conference call with media.

"Every day you get more information. And we've had time to connect with 27 of the clubs -- obviously the Astros and [Nationals] being in the World Series, they were tied up -- but we had a chance to get a sense of what the other clubs are going to look to do in free agency, who might be available in trades," Anthopoulos said, according to the union.

Union chief's rebuke of GM heats up baseball's cold war over free agency
Baseball's labor contract prohibits clubs from acting in concert in free-agent negotiations.

"The statements made by Braves GM Alex Anthopoulos call into question the integrity of the entire free-agent system," Clark said in his statement. "The clear description of club coordination is egregious, and we have launched an immediate investigation looking into the matter."

Seeking to clarify his remarks, Anthopoulos issued a statement Wednesday night in response.

"In advance of the general managers meetings, I called around to clubs to explore the possibility of potential offseason trades," he said. "At no time during any of these calls was there discussion of individual free agents or the Braves' intentions with respect to the free-agent market. To the extent I indicated otherwise during my media availability on Monday, I misspoke and apologize for any confusion."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/28023953/mlbpa-launching-probe-team-coordination-free-agency-process
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

CBS Sports: Top 10 offseason trade candidates

1. Mookie Betts
2. Francisco Lindor
3. Kris Bryant
4. Noah Syndergaard
5. Starling Marte
6. Whit Merrifield
7. Robbie Ray
8. Charlie Blackmon
9. Kirby Yates
10. Ken Giles

LINK
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
CBS Sports: Top 10 offseason trade candidates

1. Mookie Betts
2. Francisco Lindor
3. Kris Bryant
4. Noah Syndergaard
5. Starling Marte
6. Whit Merrifield
7. Robbie Ray
8. Charlie Blackmon
9. Kirby Yates
10. Ken Giles

LINK

I've heard rumblings about Bryant too. I wonder if that service time fiasco from when he was a rookie irked him and if the team thinks that he will bolt as soon as he's a free agent. If so, now might be the time to cash him in, when he still has two years before he hits free agency. (The return diminishes greatly once they only have one year left, as the Red Sox will find out with Mookie Betts if they move him.) The Mets don't seem to want to waive the white flag, and with Wheeler likely to depart, they probably need Syndergaard in the rotation to have any hope of contending, so I'm guessing they begin the season with him and then could look at move him before the deadline if they are floundering, since he would at least have a year and a half to go before free agency (and the acquiring team could still have 2 shots at postseason runs with him). I could see Marte dealt, since the Pirates' window seems to have closed and since they should probably rebuild a bit and save some money and possibly get deeper in prospects again. Merrifield certainly makes sense, unless KC thinks he's one of the draws that will keep people attending their games. Ray makes sense if Arizona wants to continue to pare down payroll, and ditto Blackmon if Colorado thinks it's on a downward arc. Giles totally makes sense, as having an increasingly expensive closer may not make sense for a team in a total rebuild like Toronto. Yates' value will never be higher, sure, but I feel like the Padres are trying to contend next season (AJ Preller's job could be on the line) and will spend in free agency, so moving him may not make sense. Like Syndergaard, if the Padres flounder during the year, I could absolutely see him get moved then.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

^^^if the Reds and Pirates could do business, I could see Marte being a move the Reds would seek and moving Senzel back to 2nd base. In regards to Blackmon, I think the Rockies would have to eat some of his salary to move him. He still is productive at the plate, but is no longer able to play CF. Btw, I have looked at his splits in the past, and he is not one of those Rockies players that hit really well @ Coors and not so much everywhere else....so that is good.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Wish the Cardinals could trade Fowler. Eat his entire contract. There are too many good young outfielders in the Cardinal system to have him getting serious time out there.

Lane Thomas/Harrison Bader/Tyler O'Neill/Randy Arozarena/Dylan Carlson. Plus you have Jose Martinez who can only play RF.

If we didn't have so much outfield depth we'd offer Ozuna a serious contract. There is too much promising talent to keep a guy like Fowler. I'd love to see Bader get full time in center since he is probably the best defensive CF. Gotta give him a chance for his bat to develop.

Plus, we have Matt Carpenter with a huge contract extension, and now he can't hit. He can barely field 3rd. Its going to be a rough year, so we might as well have some exciting young outfielders to watch/root for.

I've heard a lot of trade talk from the various Cardinal groups. People want Lindor, or Mookie Betts. Which would be great, but I doubt Cardinals do anything. We'll sign a middle of the rotation starter. An old reliever. Maybe an old catcher. Then thats it.

It will be Adam Wainwright's last year though. He didn't look too bad last year. He'll be our 5th starter, probably.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Getting a healthy Jordan Hicks back would be a great thing.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman
·
7m

Cubs are clear that they will consider trading from their excellent core — Bryant, Contreras, Baez, Schwarber, etc. “We’ve had a stable core for 5 years ... We’re going to have change.” — Cubs GM Jed Hoyer
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman
·
2m

Brewers want to re-sign Yasmani Grandal and Mike Moustakas, and will look again at the starting pitching market.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Well, I guess Antonetti would have to say this...

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman
·
11m

Indians are receiving a lot of trade calls about superstar SS Francisco Lindor. But Indians baseball president Chris Antonetti said: “My expectation is Frankie will be the shortstop Opening Day next year.”
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman
·
7m

Cubs are clear that they will consider trading from their excellent core — Bryant, Contreras, Baez, Schwarber, etc. “We’ve had a stable core for 5 years ... We’re going to have change.” — Cubs GM Jed Hoyer

Been one of my fears. I like all of those guys.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject:

^
As I alluded to earlier, I think Bryant has a real shot to be moved. I am not sure he ever got over his demotion to the minors during his rookie year, when it was obvious that they just manipulated his service time for a couple of weeks to gain another year of team control on him. If they think they need to break the team up and if they don't think they have a prayer of re-signing him, now's the time to recoup the utmost value for him. If he's truly available, there will be no shortage of suitors. Obviously, if Baez were on the block, he could get a king's ransom (more than Bryant), but I'm not expecting them to move him.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Well, I guess Antonetti would have to say this...

Jon Heyman

@JonHeyman
·
11m

Indians are receiving a lot of trade calls about superstar SS Francisco Lindor. But Indians baseball president Chris Antonetti said: “My expectation is Frankie will be the shortstop Opening Day next year.”

not the strongest endorsement
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Post-Gazette Sports
@PGSportsNow

According to a report from Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union-Tribune, former Pirates manager Clint Hurdle has retired.

Acee reported that Hurdle interviewed to potentially become the Padres hitting coach, but instead opted to retire.

a good thing for baseball....

Quote:
SF Giants on NBCS
@NBCSGiants

BREAKING: The Giants have selected Gabe Kapler as their next manager (via @PavlovicNBCS)

10:20 PM · Nov 12, 2019
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:06 pm    Post subject:

No surprise that deGrom won the NL CYA. The AL was where the suspense was, and Verlander beat Cole to win it. Verlander got 17 of the 30 first place votes, and both of them were 1-2 on every ballot. So he won by two votes, basically; it would've been a tie had two writers voted the other way.

It's going to be a bad look for baseball when Bregman wins the AL MVP and the Astros sweep the major awards, in light of this burgeoning scandal.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
No surprise that deGrom won the NL CYA. The AL was where the suspense was, and Verlander beat Cole to win it. Verlander got 17 of the 30 first place votes, and both of them were 1-2 on every ballot. So he won by two votes, basically; it would've been a tie had two writers voted the other way.

I thought Cole would win, but that was probably influenced by Cole's more dominant post season.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 68, 69, 70  Next
Page 39 of 70
Jump to: