Why do Shooters Die in a Laker uniform?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: Why do Shooters Die in a Laker uniform?

SuperboyReformed wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
cannga11 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
My personal theory is simple.

Shooting for good to great shooter is mental . they have shot more than enough practice shots to make the wide open 3 during a game. the ball is the same, the rims are the same height, the court is the same size. The only thing thats difference when you get a pass for a wide open 3 during a game is that there is a large crowd and you know people are watching on TV.

So that means its mental. Guys keep coming tour team and then turning into brick layers. Being a laker has the most scrutiny out of any franchise in the nba. Granted you can have more fans than any other nba team if you do well. so it goes both ways. super high, and super low. These guys get too high on themselves when they are hitting therefore when they're not they get to low on themselves. You have to be very close to even keel as a los angeles laker.

LOL - my friend and I were just talking about this the other day.
Another prominent example of "shooters die when they become a Laker" was Glen Rice. "Old" Lakers fans may remember this; Rice was good but never a force that we expected him to be.

At least in the case of Rice, I do not know if statistics would bear this theory out though.

yep...

this is not a theory that needs stats to prove or disprove. if you dont remember that rice was somewhat disappointing according to expectations, then you simply dont remember that season. the stats wont show anything like that. at least find some articles or discussions around the time. this idea that you can look at stats and get an accurate feeling for what happened is unreasonable.

I'd say you're talking about something that's different than the point of the thread.

Rice's situation was complex.

A lot of fans were upset from the start we traded Eddie.

And after trading for Rice, Jackson came in as coach and the two of them didn't get along. Rice felt Jackson undervalued him and had him stand at the 3-point line, rather than use his full arsenal of offensive tactics.

But Rice's shooting touch didn't disappear. It was more a case of him not being involved in the offense as much as he wanted. He wanted to post up and drive more rather than be relegated to the team's designated 3-point shooter.

Some of the issues was simply the nature consequence of a star moving from the #1 role with the offense built around him to the #3 role where he has to accommodate two bigger stars. Anyone in that position (Love and Bosh are prime examples) have to make a ton of compromises, and they are usually unhappy even if they win as a result of the compromises. Huge difference between being the #3 guy and the #2 guy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: