Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:04 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
focus wrote:
Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
'member that coast guard guy from last month? This guy plays for the same team.
International terrorism?

right-wing white nationals ...

yes and yes

Quote:

Denizcan Grimes
@MrFilmkritik
The mail bomber mentioned Trump.
The Synagogue shooter mentioned Trump.
The Coast guard white supremacist mentioned Trump.
The New Zealand terrorist mentioned Trump.

It's almost as if there's some sort of pattern.

3:56 PM - Mar 16, 2019

And...he might get re-elected. Crazy times.

or end up in jail...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Ted wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

all im gonna say is im gonna start carrying to protect my family. im not pro guns, even after watching despise the second amendment more. but these terrorist acts are becoming to frequent and often. if there are people out there who are targeting children and other peaceful people, im not gonna run to a corner and become another stat, gonna shoot back.

I just saw the video too. And I'm trying my best to make it through his manifesto. But it is a tough read.

Not surprised in the LEAST that the shooter referenced Pewdiepie.
For months now, I've been telling anybody who will listen. Pewdiepie is pushing some alt-right BS that is VERY effective on white men 15-30. And the fact it's covert makes it all the more dangerous.

Can you explain the Pewdiepie thing? I know he's a famous youtuber, but what are his videos about? I thought he was just another one of those useless youtube guys that vlogs and pulls pranks, didn't know the dude was spreading hate.

he's a borderline right-wing apologist and a racist ...fits right in with that crowd...

Why Did the Christchurch Shooter Name-Drop YouTube Phenom PewDiePie?

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/pewdie-pie-new-zealand-mosque-shooting-youtube-808633/

Quote:
Who is PewDiePie, and where does “subscribe to PewDiePie” come from?
Born Felix Kjellberg, PewDiePie is a 29-year-old Swedish YouTuber with almost 90 million subscribers. He is primarily known for his relatively innocuous meme and video game commentary videos, though he “has flirted with if not endorsed the alt-right neo-Nazi movement and antisemitism,” says Evan Balgord, the executive director of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network. As recently as last December, he came under fire for endorsing YouTuber E;R, whose channel featured videos of unedited Adolf Hitler speeches and a gag poking fun at the death of Charlottesville protester Heather Heyer. As a result of the exposure from PewDiePie, E;R gained 15,000 subscribers, leading many to accuse PewDiePie of “flirting with alt-right culture and sending a dangerous message to his millions of followers, many of whom are teenagers,” as Vox’s Aja Romano put it.

He pretends to be apolitical. But his fanbase is a mixture of alt-right extremists and children. He normalizes racism, sexism, and just prejudicial behavior in general. And hides behind "I'm joking" whenever it's convenient.

Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Ted wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

all im gonna say is im gonna start carrying to protect my family. im not pro guns, even after watching despise the second amendment more. but these terrorist acts are becoming to frequent and often. if there are people out there who are targeting children and other peaceful people, im not gonna run to a corner and become another stat, gonna shoot back.

I just saw the video too. And I'm trying my best to make it through his manifesto. But it is a tough read.

For months now, I've been telling anybody who will listen. Pewdiepie is pushing some alt-right BS that is VERY effective on white men 15-30. And the fact it's covert makes it all the more dangerous.

Can you explain the Pewdiepie thing? I know he's a famous youtuber, but what are his videos about? I thought he was just another one of those useless youtube guys that vlogs and pulls pranks, didn't know the dude was spreading hate.

he's a borderline right-wing apologist and a racist ...fits right in with that crowd...

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/pewdie-pie-new-zealand-mosque-shooting-youtube-808633/

Quote:
Born Felix Kjellberg, PewDiePie is a 29-year-old Swedish YouTuber with almost 90 million subscribers. He is primarily known for his relatively innocuous meme and video game commentary videos, though he “has flirted with if not endorsed the alt-right neo-Nazi movement and antisemitism,” says Evan Balgord, the executive director of the Canadian Anti-Hate Network. As recently as last December, he came under fire for endorsing YouTuber E;R, whose channel featured videos of unedited Adolf Hitler speeches and a gag poking fun at the death of Charlottesville protester Heather Heyer. As a result of the exposure from PewDiePie, E;R gained 15,000 subscribers, leading many to accuse PewDiePie of “flirting with alt-right culture and sending a dangerous message to his millions of followers, many of whom are teenagers,” as Vox’s Aja Romano put it.

He pretends to be apolitical. But his fanbase is a mixture of alt-right extremists and children. He normalizes racism, sexism, and just prejudicial behavior in general. And hides behind "I'm joking" whenever it's convenient.

Influence on children is the scariest part. Shaping the next generation of racists.
Great One
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
kikanga wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Ted wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Great One wrote:
Saw the vid

Quote:

Influence on children is the scariest part. Shaping the next generation of racists.

With over 100 million followers.....

PewDiePie has had to many racist/nazi scandals. And every time he is linked to these kinda things he and his "followers" become disingenuous, normalizing racisim to million of his subscribers ( kids stated above). His actions are showing the ramifications in the most horrific way possible.

Pediepie is most defiently part of the discussion because fascist and white supremacist are using his vids as a form of recruitment like the NZ shooter.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Authorities in New Zealand said citizens have been turning their firearms over to police in the days after a terror attack that targeted two mosques in Christchurch left at least 50 people dead.

Local police also urged people interested in surrendering their firearms to contact and alert authorities when they would be bringing in a firearm to keep tensions from rising amid heightened security concerns.

Quote:
“You can contact your local police station or your local arms officer to get advice on the safe transport of the firearm to police. This will also enable our staff to be aware of your arrival ahead of time.”

ohn Hart, who previously ran as Green Party candidate in the country’s 2017 election, was one of a number of New Zealanders who have surrendered their firearms to police in recent days.

Hart, who also owns a sheep and beef farm near Masterton, told The Guardian that while having a semi-automatic rifle is useful for a number of tasks on his farm, he felt it was “actually too dangerous to have around as a weapon.”

Quote:

Until today I was one of the New Zealanders who owned a semi-automatic rifle. On the farm they are a useful tool in some circumstances, but my convenience doesn’t outweigh the risk of misuse.

We don’t need these in our country.

For me, it became that trade-off: is my convenience worth the risk to other people’s lives by having these guns in the country? I pretty quickly realized there was no comparison.

Kiwi Sensibilities
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: