Well, at least the Celtics lost
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject: Well, at least the Celtics lost

So what do you guys do to get in a good mood when your Lakers are playing poorly? I like to watch games of teams I hate (Celtics and Clippers) and root for them to lose. This always cheers me up.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

Man the Clippers made a trade purely for their future and are 4-2 since. They have moved UP in the standings.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:50 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Man the Clippers made a trade purely for their future and are 4-2 since. They have moved UP in the standings.

Yeah, they'll definitely get that last playoff spot. Ballmer wants it too to show FAs they are serious.

I just can't hate on the Clippers after he took over. I love all the big picture decisions they've been making.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject:

The Celtics are probably the most overhyped and overrated team in the NBA. Their young guys haven't improved and they've lost 5 of their last 7 games. The Raptors ran them out of the gym tonight, and on TNT they were talking about how the Celtics players don't seem to like being around each other.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
The Celtics are probably the most overhyped and overrated team in the NBA. Their young guys haven't improved and they've lost 5 of their last 7 games. The Raptors ran them out of the gym tonight, and on TNT they were talking about how the Celtics players don't seem to like being around each other.

They know they’ll get trade for AD in a heart beat, just like our players, just Kyrie in LeBron spot and he had thrown their youngs under the bus before too.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

The Celtics should be getting more negative attention for their pursuit of AD. It obviously impacts chemistry to hear players names in trade rumors, right?

Or, did that just impact the Lakers?
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

Honestly, I only dislike the Clippers because they've been leeching support in our stadium. Build your own legacy in your own building. Once they go to Inglewood, I will once again mildly tolerate them as I did before they came to Staples (and yes, I do know they came the same year as us).

One thing I wont do during a Laker down swing is stop supporting them, or even stop watching them. That's a fair weather fan.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Another proof a good coach could make a bad team look good. Clippers traded away their best player to set up for this offseason. They weren't even trying to compete this season and yet here they are in the 7th spot. It's unreal. Lakers have a good team and Magic is gonna trade away everyone instead of replacing the coach.

Magic and Jeanie both have no prior NBA front office experience. They need someone with experience in the worst way. Jerry? Pat? I'm terrified about all the moves the Lakers are going to make this offseason.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

So another team being ruined by the AD fiasco? Seems like Tatum already accepting his the guy going when they go after AD.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Another proof a good coach could make a bad team look good. Clippers traded away their best player to set up for this offseason. They weren't even trying to compete this season and yet here they are in the 7th spot. It's unreal. Lakers have a good team and Magic is gonna trade away everyone instead of replacing the coach.

Magic and Jeanie both have no prior NBA front office experience. They need someone with experience in the worst way. Jerry? Pat? I'm terrified about all the moves the Lakers are going to make this offseason.

I think what makes the Clippers competitive is that even though they don't have a top players, all their guys are solid rotation players at least and they have a good coach.

They're not playing a roster where 7 out of 11 most used rotation guys suck with a dumb coach.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Certainly a HC like Rivers helps keep it together. If the players are buying in.

In this case, one team still playing hard despite the moves, the other playing with no commitment to the team or teammates.

But even more it is an indictment of how bad the the Laker chemistry is with the current contradictory pieces. A prima donna, headcase one year rentals and developing players looking for leadership. Add in a FO that gives constant contradictory messages and questionable moves.

Who would have ever thought the Lakers could be more dysfunctional then the Clippers... but here we are.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Certainly a HC like Rivers helps keep it together. If the players are buying in.

In this case, one team still playing hard despite the moves, the other playing with no commitment to the team or teammates.

But even more it is an indictment of how bad the the Laker chemistry is with the current contradictory pieces. A prima donna, headcase one year rentals and developing players looking for leadership. Add in a FO that gives constant contradictory messages and questionable moves.

Who would have ever thought the Lakers could be more dysfunctional then the Clippers... but here we are.

That's why I wanted to clean house from top to bottom. Magic isn't right for this job. His two-year team president in-training should be halted immediately. We should hire someone with experience to spearhead the next regime.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

That's why I wanted to clean house from top to bottom. Magic isn't right for this job. His two-year team president in-training should be halted immediately. We should hire someone with experience to spearhead the next regime.

Sadly I do not see that happening at this point. Image is everything. And replacing Magic would be an admission of how foolhardy this plan was from the beginning.

At this point the Lakers are committed to this no matter what. Magic will either force the James issue to success or it will be a colossal failure similar to the I. Thomas or P. Jackson GM stints.

Actually feel bad for Magic. The man is a tremendous success story and lovable ex-Laker. But he is quickly losing any credibility as a competent GM..

Used to love his interviews now I cringe as he sounds more and more like a carnival huckster or the lead pitchman for the Bullet Train.

Small consolation to see the Celtics lose or having internal issues. Laker issues still more intense and less solvable IMO.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Tatum can still be a great player. Top 10 potential like Zo, but he’s definitely in a sophomore slump. And Zo is always injured.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

I thought they should've at least kept Mitch Kupchak as a senior adviser. Kupchak was great at putting trades together and navigating the salary cap. If I'm not mistaken Mitch also has an MBA.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Celtics are making the playoffs. None of us should be talking.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Celtics aren't winning anything of note this season so that is good.

Of course, neither are we considering we cannot seem to qualify for the playoffs year after year.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Celtics also stuck with Hayward contract
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Yeah, they'll definitely get that last playoff spot. Ballmer wants it too to show FAs they are serious.

I just can't hate on the Clippers after he took over. I love all the big picture decisions they've been making.

Like trying to land a max guy rumored to want to go there? Sounds familiar lol
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Another Celtic loss tonight.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

Best thread ever.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling this thread will be bumped a few times before the season ends.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Another Celtic loss tonight.

Yeah, and their schedule for the next few weeks is brutal. Of course, their losses don't completely erase the concern that grows when the Lakers fail (especially to terrible teams), but their misery certainly helps me enjoy the NBA season a whole lot more.

And beside the two teams described above that I love to see lose for my own selfish purposes, their are some NBA players whose teams that I also watch (via League Pass) in hopes they get beat down solely because of them:

- The Rockets' Harden (I despise the way he goes beyond any other player in creating contact when he shoots the ball).

- The Thunder's PG13 (so you won't even come and meet with your childhood team during FA? I hope your team gets bounced in the first round. Again.).

- The Nuggets' Murray (maybe there is still a grudge for how he acted vs. Lonzo in their first meeting last season, but also I just don't like his rat face).

Hmmm. Now that I take a look at it, now that Lebron is no longer over there I apparently don't root for any other Eastern team to crash and burn other than the Celtics.

Last edited by joeblow on Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

buck em
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

the entire NBA media being excited about the possibility of us missing the playoffs has provided a lot of cover for the Celtics falling apart in recent weeks.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: