JESSE BUSS for GM.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Some x-players could be good at putting together a team
but assuming that an x-super Star would actually be good
at the skill of putting together a team is a great way to get burned,
again.

IF we ever change the FO, we should find qualified individuals that
have a track record of success. I would not hire this guys or the other
because he was a great player or talks a good game. Think PROVEN.
If we can’t find that then we risk flip flopping through one FO to the
next.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Get that Houston guy or if you wanna high risk high reward, the Toronto dude. Pay them

I don't think that Jeannie and the rest of the Lakers Family are ready to concede.

This is GM, not ownership, then let Kobe be the non decision making figure head

Kobe would be above the GM?

The new Magic but without the outburst and the power, I mean if Jeannie has the need to keep it in 'family'
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:07 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Get that Houston guy or if you wanna high risk high reward, the Toronto dude. Pay them

I don't think that Jeannie and the rest of the Lakers Family are ready to concede.

An outsider such as Ujiri, Morey etc will want to bring in some of their own people that are familiar with the way they think and do things. Either some existing staff will need to go or they will get bumped down the org chart by the people brought in by the new GM.

West & Mitch had history with the organization and thus not a need to bring in others to feel comfortable. It is going to be difficult enough for Jeannie to replace Magic & Pelinka. To bring in a GM and others from outside the Family would be a huge shock to the organization.

My impression after watching the video with Jeannie at the Sloan Conference is that she isn't close to admitting defeat.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:

An outsider such as Ujiri, Morey etc will want to bring in some of their own people that are familiar with the way they think and do things. Either some existing staff will need to go or they will get bumped down the org chart by the people brought in by the new GM.

West & Mitch had history with the organization and thus not a need to bring in others to feel comfortable. It is going to be difficult enough for Jeannie to replace Magic & Pelinka. To bring in a GM and others from outside the Family would be a huge shock to the organization.

My impression after watching the video with Jeannie at the Sloan Conference is that she isn't close to admitting defeat.

yeah, sounds unlikely but I think it'd be good for the Lakers
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:

The new Magic but without the outburst and the power, I mean if Jeannie has the need to keep it in 'family'

No other GM would be dealing with Kobe. They would not want to
see him succeed on their dime.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:42 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:

yeah, sounds unlikely but I think it'd be good for the Lakers

Last summer, some here wondered about the lack of three point shooters on the roster. The organization (Magic, Pelinka and Jeannie) is still having a hard time admitting that the roster is flawed.

For Jeannie to admit that she will need to bring in someone from outside the Family to turn things around is going to be several times more difficult to do.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
governator wrote:

No other GM would be dealing with Kobe. They would not want to
see him succeed on their dime.

I agree with this. A new GM will have enough to do and isn't going to be interested in massaging the egos of Family.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

I shudder when I think about the level of catastrophe it would take for Jeannie to fire Magic and Rob and go outside the family.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Jeannie is not the problem amazes me when people now make it her fault. The season turned on injuries, slow developing youth and some questionable off season signings. This was always about 2 off seasons not one. If they land a second big FA this off season, then they are right on schedule. Acquiring AD always required NO to actually be willing to trade him to the Lakers, which as it turns out, they never intended. Everyone assumes that Magic and Rob went to the media and dangled the team, even when subsequently Jeannie herself called out the Pelicans and specifically some leaked info. No one here actually knows what the team offered for Davis, but of course this front office is leaking everything and is completely incompetent. Yet before the injuries really hit, they were in the top half of the Western Conference.

Give them this off season before we have final grades. I hated the off season signings but get the DLO trade. The Mosgov and Deng signings maybe the all time worst signings they were terrible. FO gamble that Ball was an upgrade over DLO so they could part with him in the trade. Verdict is still out, but DLO had injury issues the previous two seasons as well.

Back on Jeannie as for owners, she is as loyal to the team as you can get. Very few owners manage their teams, Mark Cuban aside. She has delegated to Magic to run the basketball side. She is not Sterling or Sarver so be glad. She only recently wrestled this away from Jim give it some time.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

I will add Luke needs to go. He lost me with the handling of Randle and his staff isn't seasoned enough to help.
lak_repeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.

Is he the Buss that is in charge of scouting/drafting?

Well thats the one thing the lakers are excelling at:
Kuz, Zu, Hart, etc. He is finding gems with late picks.

Having heard him speak he seems like the one smart guy in the org.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

Jesse is too busy popping molly and going to Steve Aoki concerts
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

OdomGrab wrote:
#savethekids wrote:
Ehhhh I'm over all of them to be honest

ill take jesse over a magic rob lebron luke combo.

And I would take David Griffin over the whole Buss family. But he is way out of Jeanie’s wheelhouse.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

I’m with you OP. They all have to go.

The best situation now would be to beg Jerry west to come back and make his son GM or next in line learning under a more experienced GM. Give Jerry Magic’s position
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Jeannie should’ve hired a real GM. This rebranding of the front office looks great as far as name value and photo shoots but the actual results have been awful.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

I don’t see Magic letting his role “Jim Buss” his brand. IMO if he sees that starting he leaves before that gets close.

But after Luke, I actually think the next party with high risk is Jeannie. She’s been in the executor role during a long stretch of ineffective management, and the idea that she was ‘kept’ out of the loop by Jim doesn’t really hold water as it is the responsibility of her role to oversee all aspects of the business. She is the controlling owner by virtue of a trust, not true majority ownership. If she is seen as hurting the brand, her power is not sufficient to protect her.

Johnny and Jim already want to sell. It takes two of the other four to make that happen. The two youngest, Jesse and Joey have incentives to hold based on the trust passing ownership to surviving siblings and not their offspring. They’re 25+ years younger than their half siblings (different mother). Janie seems intent on following Jeannie’s lead. Basically, if you convince Jeannie to cash out, the team is sold, likely to the Guggenheim Group, who would let Magic operate as the team CEO.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
Jesse is too busy popping molly and going to Steve Aoki concerts

For real? Good for him. Genius on drugs.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

lak_repeat wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
What makes fans feel Jesse Buss is qualified? I see his name thrown around a lot, but never an explanation of why he is qualified.

Is he the Buss that is in charge of scouting/drafting?

Well thats the one thing the lakers are excelling at:
Kuz, Zu, Hart, etc. He is finding gems with late picks.

Having heard him speak he seems like the one smart guy in the org.

That is true, we are excelling in that category, but then who would replace them in the scouting department? Because I think Jesse should be president of bball ops and Ryan West be GM. Though, being smart doesn't always translate to running a BBall ops. I think one needs experience or molded by someone with experience. Who's gonna be that person to help Jesse through the process?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

This is the kind of culture Jesse has brought to the South Bay Lakers team

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1104191267204788224

https://twitter.com/SouthBayLakers/status/1104513505888108544

Wish there was that kind of atmosphere with our team.

Last edited by MJST on Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
MJST wrote:

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.

Added an extra one about Coby Karl whom is their coach now, as well as their staff, but yeah. Different feel and atmosphere to ours, night and day tbh
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Jeannie is not the problem amazes me when people now make it her fault. The season turned on injuries, slow developing youth and some questionable off season signings. This was always about 2 off seasons not one. If they land a second big FA this off season, then they are right on schedule. Acquiring AD always required NO to actually be willing to trade him to the Lakers, which as it turns out, they never intended. Everyone assumes that Magic and Rob went to the media and dangled the team, even when subsequently Jeannie herself called out the Pelicans and specifically some leaked info. No one here actually knows what the team offered for Davis, but of course this front office is leaking everything and is completely incompetent. Yet before the injuries really hit, they were in the top half of the Western Conference.

Give them this off season before we have final grades. I hated the off season signings but get the DLO trade. The Mosgov and Deng signings maybe the all time worst signings they were terrible. FO gamble that Ball was an upgrade over DLO so they could part with him in the trade. Verdict is still out, but DLO had injury issues the previous two seasons as well.

Back on Jeannie as for owners, she is as loyal to the team as you can get. Very few owners manage their teams, Mark Cuban aside. She has delegated to Magic to run the basketball side. She is not Sterling or Sarver so be glad. She only recently wrestled this away from Jim give it some time.

She is the problem, she has no experience but decided to turn the team over to guys who also had no experience. All in a quest to top her brother. I believe that she has good intentions but no idea how to run an NBA franchise. Her circle of influences show that, all she knows are former Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I don’t see Magic letting his role “Jim Buss” his brand. IMO if he sees that starting he leaves before that gets close.

But after Luke, I actually think the next party with high risk is Jeannie. She’s been in the executor role during a long stretch of ineffective management, and the idea that she was ‘kept’ out of the loop by Jim doesn’t really hold water as it is the responsibility of her role to oversee all aspects of the business. She is the controlling owner by virtue of a trust, not true majority ownership. If she is seen as hurting the brand, her power is not sufficient to protect her.

Johnny and Jim already want to sell. It takes two of the other four to make that happen. The two youngest, Jesse and Joey have incentives to hold based on the trust passing ownership to surviving siblings and not their offspring. They’re 25+ years younger than their half siblings (different mother). Janie seems intent on following Jeannie’s lead. Basically, if you convince Jeannie to cash out, the team is sold, likely to the Guggenheim Group, who would let Magic operate as the team CEO.

Unfortunately they can’t sell unless Dr. Buss’ ex either agrees or passes away.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:

Unfortunately they can’t sell unless Dr. Buss’ ex either agrees or passes away.

AEG has first dibs.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Very Simple.

Bring back the Greatest laker into his rightful position.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to: