2019 NFL Offseason Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Haskins to the Redskins, which I had. Problem is that I had them trading up to #8 to get him!
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

I dont know this MS State dude that was just drafted, but why the hell is ESPN spending 20 minutes on defending the video hes on smashing a women's face in while on the ground?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
I dont know this MS State dude that was just drafted, but why the hell is ESPN spending 20 minutes on defending the video hes on smashing a women's face in while on the ground?

Obviously, it's not good, but the fact that it happened when he was in high school has to at least be a mitigating factor when evaluating his current character. I'm not saying it's not worrisome, but I do think you have to factor in that something happened when someone was a minor and not an adult. Or maybe he had turned 18, I don't know, but you get my point.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Josh Jacobs, predictably, to da Raiduhhhs.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Wow, who would have thought that Daniel Snyder is killing it in the 1st Round? Sweat is a better player than the guy the Raiders got at 4. By a lot.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

Obviously, it's not good, but the fact that it happened when he was in high school has to at least be a mitigating factor when evaluating his current character. I'm not saying it's not worrisome, but I do think you have to factor in that something happened when someone was a minor and not an adult. Or maybe he had turned 18, I don't know, but you get my point.

I think he was 17/18...and it involved someone trying to attack his mom and sister.....have to give that kid a 2nd chance
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Wow, who would have thought that Daniel Snyder is killing it in the 1st Round? Sweat is a better player than the guy the Raiders got at 4. By a lot.

Like the Sweat pick a lot.....fwiw, CBS Prisco rated the #4 pick an A
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
vanexelent wrote:

I think he was 17/18...and it involved someone trying to attack his mom and sister.....have to give that kid a 2nd chance

The guys is only 3 or 4 years removed from high school. come on now. Regardless, I'm not even commenting on his act. I just want to know how much the NFL and Nashville paid them for the immediate jump start on their PR strategy.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

WTF is Gruden doing to his silver and black??? Picked the lowest ranked dlineman from the Clemson trio and a nondescript Saban system back.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:57 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:
WTF is Gruden doing to his silver and black??? Picked the lowest ranked dlineman from the Clemson trio and a nondescript Saban system back.

No, Jacobs is stronger and more powerful than someone like, say, Mark Ingram. He's legit. But, you know, he's a RB, so you can always question the value of a 1st Round RB.

As for Pete Prisco rating the Ferrell pick an A, look, he would've been available for several, several picks after that. If that's the guy you want, trade back and get value. Like many teams do.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

I would be ecstatic if Greedy Williams could slip down to #39, but it is doubtful. Also Deebo Samuel would be great in the slot @ Tampa Bay!
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I would be ecstatic if Greedy Williams could slip down to #39, but it is doubtful. Also Deebo Samuel would be great in the slot @ Tampa Bay!

I am hoping the Colts take him at 34 or Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (S). Williams will be a great CB for years to come, and he completely shut down Metcalf when they played.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I am hoping the Colts take him at 34 or Chauncey Gardner-Johnson (S). Williams will be a great CB for years to come, and he completely shut down Metcalf when they played.

yeah, I think he is the best cover corner in the draft....there have been some questions in regards to his run support ability. I have read in some Bucs media that some in the FO or coaching staff prefer Rock Ya-Sin out of Temple because he is a more physical CB that may fit better with Arians press style coverage. Personally, I would go with Williams if he is on the board.

Very surprised Jawaan Taylor (Florida) was not drafted in the 1st Round.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
adkindo wrote:

yeah, I think he is the best cover corner in the draft....there have been some questions in regards to his run support ability. I have read in some Bucs media that some in the FO or coaching staff prefer Rock Ya-Sin out of Temple because he is a more physical CB that may fit better with Arians press style coverage. Personally, I would go with Williams if he is on the board.

Very surprised Jawaan Taylor (Florida) was not drafted in the 1st Round.

I think the Cardinals are taking him for sure after what I saw from their line last season (especially after drafting Murray).
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

No, Jacobs is stronger and more powerful than someone like, say, Mark Ingram. He's legit. But, you know, he's a RB, so you can always question the value of a 1st Round RB.

As for Pete Prisco rating the Ferrell pick an A, look, he would've been available for several, several picks after that. If that's the guy you want, trade back and get value. Like many teams do.

From what I heard, they didn't receive any good trade offers so they just stuck to their guy.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:22 am    Post subject:

someone pointed out that you know we must be in the FINAL DAYS when you wake up to a Twitter universe that includes 49'er fans threatening the FO to boycott their team because they drafted a young man with different political views than the majority of the community......while Chief fans are threatening the FO to boycott their team if they refuse to allow an alleged violent child abuser to play.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Jawaan Taylor has fallen due to concerns over a knee issue, apparently.

Chris Mortensen reported late last night that it looks like the Cards are going to take Byron Murphy at 33. At 34, I could see the Colts taking a WR. They only have TY Hilton under contract beyond this season, out of their core pass-catcher group. I like the fit of Hakeem Butler if they go with a big-bodied outside WR, or perhaps Parris Campbell if they want more of a Percy Harvin type. I feel like Butler is a perfect fit for the 49ers, though.

Also, looks like Rosen is going to be traded to Miami for the #48 overall pick. All things considered, it's not a disastrous return for Rosen for Arizona. And I love it for Miami. Rosen is light years better than Daniel Jones, for example.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Round 2 is underway. The Jags traded up to 35 with the Raiders and got Taylor, a guy that was commonly mocked to them at #7 overall.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Duuuval....could be a steal for Jax with Jawaan Taylor
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject:

nice pick for 49'ers....Deebo
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

one more pick....getting nervous, continuing to hear chatter that Greedy is not a favorite of Bruce Arians...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:39 pm    Post subject:

Buffalo is killing it. Ford could've easily went in the mid-1st, and Oliver was a steal already.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:40 pm    Post subject:

This is what you call doin' work...

Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer
ยท
1m

The Seahawks started the week with 4 picks. They now have 11.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Bunting is physical and ran great at the combine. Press corner. Fits the mold of what Arians likes.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

damnit, I had a bad feeling....either Bunting or Lonnie Johnson.....I would like to torch the entire front office....just stupid
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16
Jump to: