Hypothetically could we ever trade LeBron?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Can anyone just post title threads? Isn't there a vetting process? Congrats on the worst title thread we've had in a long time.

Are you hypothetically asking?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Can anyone just post title threads? Isn't there a vetting process? Congrats on the worst title thread we've had in a long time.

Are you hypothetically asking?

I'm simply amazed..hypothetically or not....boggles the mind.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Obviously it’ll never happen unless he asks for it.

But the timing wasn’t the best for signing lebron. I wish he was gone.

Imagine how great it would be if we could use him to trade to NY for their 1st this year and some other assets.

Oh well, we’re stuck with him now
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

Imagine how great it would be if we could use him to trade to NY for their 1st this year and some other assets.

It's funny, b/c 2-3 years ago most would have jumped at the opportunity for LBJ.

I think we are being a bit impatient here. It's certainly not going the way we wanted to, but I harken back to pre-XMAS, and we were rolling as a team. Losing LBJ/Lonzo/Rondo just killed us. How many teams could withstand that kind of successive injuries?

I'm willing to give it a little more time (this summer at least) before I start judging it more harshly.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

It's funny, b/c 2-3 years ago most would have jumped at the opportunity for LBJ.

I think we are being a bit impatient here. It's certainly not going the way we wanted to, but I harken back to pre-XMAS, and we were rolling as a team. Losing LBJ/Lonzo/Rondo just killed us. How many teams could withstand that kind of successive injuries?

I'm willing to give it a little more time (this summer at least) before I start judging it more harshly.

Agreed we’d have a better record if we stayed healthy. But part of our health is predictable based on bron’s age/mileage even though he’s been bulletproof up to this point in his career.

I’m more concerned with the bigger picture. We’re trying (and failing) to build a team around him. But at this point in his career and considering the current NBA winning play style I don’t think that’s the smartest thing to do. I guess time will tell whether bron’s got any runs left in him
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed we’d have a better record if we stayed healthy. But part of our health is predictable based on bron’s age/mileage even though he’s been bulletproof up to this point in his career.

I’m more concerned with the bigger picture. We’re trying (and failing) to build a team around him. But at this point in his career and considering the current NBA winning play style I don’t think that’s the smartest thing to do. I guess time will tell whether bron’s got any runs left in him

I think the plan is fine, it's just that we anticipated PG13 (and I was one of his biggest proponents here and it hurts me to see him excelling in OKC) to be the 2nd max and we would likely be in the top 2 of the WC. We could weather a LBJ injury with PG13 on board. Our YUTES are not ready IMO to carry us to the playoffs, so LBJ being out only underscored his importance to the team. Then Lonzo and it was a perfect disaster.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
I woulda shipped his ass out for AD at the deadline, sign KL

Ball
Ingram
kL
Kuzma
AD

Goat defense?

that team would be unbelievably good

and set up extremely well for the future as well

As stupid as trading Lebron is, this team is #slay #squadgoals. 😝
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

Hypothetically speaking, if the Bucks approached Magic asking for Lebron for Giannis, wouldn't Magic want to do that trade?

It the goal of the Lakers is to get better, why is trading Lebron off the table?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Hypothetically speaking, if the Bucks approached Magic asking for Lebron for Giannis, wouldn't Magic want to do that trade?

It the goal of the Lakers is to get better, why is trading Lebron off the table?

That hypothetical will never happen. You could create LeBron trade scenarios, that is not one of them. Giannis is the most untradeable guy in the league.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:

That hypothetical will never happen. You could create LeBron trade scenarios, that is not one of them. Giannis is the most untradeable guy in the league.

true

but a lebron for AD swap is much more realistic
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

The real question is: Realistically, what are the odds that we would ever trade Lebron and have it to be net positive for the organization in terms of talent, impact on future free agents, and all other factors?

My answer: little to none
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:

More realistic would be Wizard calling: Magic, U want this younger John W for your 37yr old LeBron, you'll get your Wall-Ball back court?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
troy wrote:

The real question is: Realistically, what are the odds that we would ever trade Lebron and have it to be net positive for the organization in terms of talent, impact on future free agents, and all other factors?

My answer: little to none

None, zero, nada, zilch

This thread is a joke and should be closed
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Hypothetically if cows could fly their dumpings would be really dangerous. That said,
sure the Lakers could trade LeBron if he waived his no trade clause and everyone was in agreement.

The cow story is just BS...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Hypothetically we have 25 games that will be a race to the end for the playoffs. I'm gonna root for wins for the team, and yes, that LBJ kills it.

Oh, that's not a hypothetical?
cital
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

If we don't land another star player this summer, it might be a conversation he has with the front office...
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

cital wrote:
If we don't land another star player this summer, it might be a conversation he has with the front office...

I've been told by people here he only came to LA for movies and to grow his brand. If that's true then he won't care who we sign.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
troy wrote:

true

but a lebron for AD swap is much more realistic

Technically Lebron would still be playing in LA.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
troy wrote:

Hypothetically if cows could fly their dumpings would be really dangerous. That said,
sure the Lakers could trade LeBron if he waived his no trade clause and everyone was in agreement.

The cow story is just BS...

LeBron doesn't have a no trade clause.
With that said the Lakers wouldn't do it anyway even if it was best for the organization in the long run.

Also no team is going to trade a star for LeBron. They would want to pair their star with LeBron. TBH when you add in age, miles, and preferred teams I'm thinking the Lakers would only get back expirings, picks, young player type package. Regardless it isn't happening...
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Imo the only reason we're having this conversation is because Lebron got injured. On Christmas day we were 20-14, and between the time we signed Tyson Chandler and Christmas we were 16-8. I know we had an easy schedule during that time, but we did beat Golden State, plus Portland twice and Denver once. We were on our way to winning about 50 games.

The only way I could see us trading Lebron is if we don't come close to winning a championship next season, and in the 2020-21 season his people start making noise about him leaving as a free agent that summer, just like they did about him leaving Cleveland starting during the 2017 NBA finals. If that happened, Magic should meet with Lebron and see what's up with him, and if he won't commit to staying for that fourth year or he seems really unhappy, then trade him and start over again.

I've never liked Lebron's antics off the court or the way the media overhypes him and makes excuses for him. But he's a proven champ and still arguably the best in the game, so I'm really glad we have him. But at the end of the day Magic has to do what's best for the team moving forward, even if it means trading him in a couple years and starting over again.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:53 pm    Post subject:

The writing was on the wall in Cleveland twice, and it was also on the wall in Miami, and he was never traded in either cases. I don't think even Danny Ainge would do it. LOL!
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

I could see him demanding a trade within the next year and a half after Magic strikes out in free agency and trading for AD (again) and then founders the team even more with Jason Kidd at the helm. There's no way he sits there quietly while the team sinks and the locker room will have had a solid year+ of the young guys hating him. And if the young guys value is so low, you can't even get a mid-level star like Beal anymore (oops), what do they do? Just wait for the young guys to defect to free agency? (which they 1000% will)
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
cital wrote:

I've been told by people here he only came to LA for movies and to grow his brand. If that's true then he won't care who we sign.

Yeah, that's what I was told by a friend of mine that's got some connections. He told me a year ago that lebron was coming here, so we're pretty much stuck with him and I highly doubt most teams would trade us anything of value for him.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Is the OP on crack?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Even considering trading him would do irreparable damage to Magic, Rob and the organization.

Yep, part of the reason why Lebron came to LA was because of the loyalty the ownership showed to its players....it would pretty much destroy that goodwill built up.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: