Hypothetically could we ever trade LeBron?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Clippers traded Blake Griffin and they are the consensus #1 or #2 to land Kawhi.

I don't know why this is the consensus. Who do the Clippers even have? Gallo? Kawhi is going to pass up the chance to play with LeBron to play with Gallinari? Really?

If Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball had done their jobs against the Knicks and Cavs and closed out the Kings, we'd be the 8th seed and wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Y'all are being ridiculous talking about trading LeBron.

It's the consensus because people with access to Kawhi place the Clippers above the Lakers as destinations. Not everybody wants to play with LeBron. Thats just a reality. When you play with LeBron every shortfall of the team is blamed on you and fans have to put you down in order to protect LeBron. Kevin Love went from an MVP candidate to a D-Leaguer when he joined LeBron. Same for IT. There are no shortage of LeBron fans who claim he took teams of D-Leaguers to the finals the last few years.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Threatt_Level wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Clippers traded Blake Griffin and they are the consensus #1 or #2 to land Kawhi.

I don't know why this is the consensus. Who do the Clippers even have? Gallo? Kawhi is going to pass up the chance to play with LeBron to play with Gallinari? Really?

If Ingram, Kuzma, and Ball had done their jobs against the Knicks and Cavs and closed out the Kings, we'd be the 8th seed and wouldn't be having this discussion right now. Y'all are being ridiculous talking about trading LeBron.

Clips have cap space to sign two guys (if I'm not mistaken), might make the playoffs without the two presumptive stars they could sign, have a top coach, and are being guided by the best exec in NBA history. I have no idea if players around the league feel this way, but I'd rather put my eggs in Jerry West's basket than Magic's. Especially if we miss the playoffs after signing LeBron.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

With Lebron being against the trade? It's extremely hard. Lebron is one of the most polarizing players of all time. Trading him doesn't exactly paint you in the best light. It's like Celtics won the IT trade but did they REALLY win the trade? Long term, one can argue they didn't. Players don't like teams being disloyal. While Lebron hasn't done anything for LA yet, it's still far worse and a terrible look.

The best bet is to build the team how you want. Lebron wants Luke gone? Sucks for him (if the organization likes Luke). Lebron wants to trade everyone for Davis? Sucks for him. If he requests a trade at that point then you can look into it and it won't look as bad. In fact, Lebron would probably come out looking like the villain in that case.

All in all, Lakers won't trade Lebron. Makes zero sense and it is PR suicide.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Magic doesn't have the stones to do it, but it would be best for the organization to get rid of him and all the drama he carries with him. He's just not worth it at this age to me. Other than AD, who will probably regret getting in cahoots with lebron at the end of the day because he's damaging his reputation, I don't see anybody that wants to play with him. So for people to think that if we traded him no other free agents would come I think the opposite would happen. We might have a legit shot at Kawhi and Klay if we got rid of him. Signing lebron was a bad idea from the beginning and I knew our team would implode because he's such an awful leader and at that he'd leave the franchise in shambles like he always does when he leaves a team.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

I think what is forgotten that if Magic doesn't visibly assert some control in a meaningful way... the perception will be from other players that they will be working for Klutch and LBJ instead of the Lakers.

You can say nonsense... Magic controls the Lakers... but it's really hard to see this unless he's pulls off a big move independent of what is to the clear benefit of Klutch.

I'm not even saying a sports agency can't run a team better than our management... but whether it's Magic or Klutch... or a combination of both... whoever came up with the Godfather offer needs to be rooted out and gotten rid of in the future.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
I think what is forgotten that if Magic doesn't visibly assert some control in a meaningful way... the perception will be from other players that they will be working for Klutch and LBJ instead of the Lakers.

You can say nonsense... Magic controls the Lakers... but it's really hard to see this unless he's pulls off a big move independent of what is to the clear benefit of Klutch.

I'm not even saying a sports agency can't run a team better than our management... but whether it's Magic or Klutch... or a combination of both... whoever came up with the Godfather offer needs to be rooted out and gotten rid of in the future.

That ship has sailed.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Even considering trading him would do irreparable damage to Magic, Rob and the organization.

As some would say around here:

Exactly, which is why it needs to be done!!! The LAKERS will never be good again!!
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Not everyone in the NBA world or even the fans believe LeBron is worth the trouble he brings. So the Lakers will be just fine if they get rid of LeBron.

To sum it all up... He just doesn't like to share and he doesn't seem to be interested in ever doing it. It could come from being an only child or could be that that he's just selfish. I don't know and I really don't care. I personally think the Lakers are screwed unless they find a way to get rid of him.

I said it once before... LeBron is going to turn into the Knicks version of Larry Johnson as he ages. He already can't shoot, play defense, make free throws, or get a bucket consistently in the half court. He's done unless Magic has help coming.

Lastly... LeBron doesn't command the reverence that Kobe or Jordan did. In other words; NBA players are not afraid to challenge LeBron. It's going to get really ugly and then LeBron will check out mentally. Something stupid will happen and we'll be forced to take back scraps for him.

We need to trade him before the wheels come flying off.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

What if they hear thru back channels they could sign Kawhi if LeBron was not on the roster? I would definitely sit him down and ask for a list of preferred teams to deal him but unfortunately Magic wouldn't do it.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Not everyone in the NBA world or even the fans believe LeBron is worth the trouble he brings. So the Lakers will be just fine if they get rid of LeBron.

To sum it all up... He just doesn't like to share and he doesn't seem to be interested in ever doing it. It could come from being an only child or could be that that he's just selfish. I don't know and I really don't care. I personally think the Lakers are screwed unless they find a way to get rid of him.

I said it once before... LeBron is going to turn into the Knicks version of Larry Johnson as he ages. He already can't shoot, play defense, make free throws, or get a bucket consistently in the half court. He's done unless Magic has help coming.

Lastly... LeBron doesn't command the reverence that Kobe or Jordan did. In other words; NBA players are not afraid to challenge LeBron. It's going to get really ugly and then LeBron will check out mentally. Something stupid will happen and we'll be forced to take back scraps for him.

TRUTH!

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

diando wrote:
Darth Los Angeles wrote:

TRUTH!

LIES!
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

glad to see there are still some sane fans out there.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
What if they hear thru back channels they could sign Kawhi if LeBron was not on the roster? I would definitely sit him down and ask for a list of preferred teams to deal him but unfortunately Magic wouldn't do it.

Kawhi has only played 4 more games than LeBron this year. You thought he hated the Spurs medical staff wait until he gets to see the Lakers version.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Yes and yes, it would be silly. If you cant put quality players around him in this market...other people should long gone before he is
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Hypothetically could we ever trade LeBron?

LakersNewEra wrote:
Know there's a big LeBron thread but I've seen this discussed in the free agency thread as well so feel free to move if you feel its more appropriate this gets discussed elsewhere.

Anyhow, could we ever trade LeBron without making it disrespectful or having our image tarnished in the eyes of free agents in the future?

On one hand, LeBron is the legend of the game, we are lucky to have signed him and theres a way you treat a legend.
On the other hand, he is not our legend and do we owe him anything? I mean we took care of Kobe. Speaking of our legends, we traded Shaq. Sure those were different times though but Shaq was our legend.
So lets say hypothetically this doesnt work out, we're like 3 years in, we want to move in a different direction...would it be disrespectful or not?

Ever? Sure -- three years is an eternity in the NBA.

But I don't expect him to be traded anytime soon so why worry about it now?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject:

I’m sure many ridiculous people here would trade him straight up for Randle. Like Lebron couldn’t do what Randle does in his sleep.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

Lebron could be traded if he demands it, though that's not likely unless he throws the organization under the buss.
Air Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:24 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

It's the consensus because people with access to Kawhi place the Clippers above the Lakers as destinations. Not everybody wants to play with LeBron. Thats just a reality. When you play with LeBron every shortfall of the team is blamed on you and fans have to put you down in order to protect LeBron. Kevin Love went from an MVP candidate to a D-Leaguer when he joined LeBron. Same for IT. There are no shortage of LeBron fans who claim he took teams of D-Leaguers to the finals the last few years.

I belive the Girffin trade will come back to haunt the Clippers and Kawhi will end up staying in Toronto, specially if they make ECF this year (which I have them as favorites alongside Milwaukee to do).
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:58 am    Post subject:

I don’t see them ever trading Lebron without first him asking for it
He will only ask for it if he sees the writing on the wall and there’s no chance at a title in LA

We are at least two years away from that at the earliest
Right now LBJ is holding out hope that a major all star will sign with the team
And then either the young players step up or will be traded for veteran proven help

The question is a one or two year run with Lebron worth dismantling your youth. I don’t know. If the Lakers get a title out of it, yes. If they end up WCF Finals then a Lebron décline into retirement I guess they will look back and wish they kept their youth like Russell, Randle plus current youth.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 am    Post subject:

Send him packing, never should have signed the Drama Queen.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:04 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:

RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:05 am    Post subject:

Timing is everything in sports.

I wish more people realized or understood that.

That is why I never understood signing Lebron James at 34 years old and 16 years (more like 18 when you count his post season runs) in to a max contract.

There is currently a dynasty that resides up North where every single relevant player is in their ULTIMATE PRIME.

None of us can predict the future. However, I believe FIRMLY in playing the percentages.

There is not a team the Lakers can build within the next 3 years who will have a LEGIT shot at taking down that Beast in Oakland, soon to be San Francisco.

Especially, If the rumored trade offer the Lakers made to the Pelicans was actually true.

Add to that the whispers that no true all star wants to sign on to be LeBron's lackey and scapegoat.

I say all this to say trading Lebron would be in the best interest of this franchise going forward.

Do I believe it will happen? Hell no. But it would be what's best if the Lakers want to be a real title contender once this Warriors dynasty is coming to an end.

If Lakers fans are being 100% honest with themselves, we know that adding a player like AD to the current ASCENDING young core would be BETTER than subtracting the young core and adding him to a DESCENDING 35 year old Lebron.

Those are just the facts.

You can already see some of the decline setting in when he plays.

Add to that all the drama that follows him everywhere he goes, its not the best of situations.

Below would be the ages of the Lakers core players if the front office did the intelligent thing and waited for AD to hit free agency instead of trading every single player we have who's worth a damn for him.

AD 27 years old
Kuz 25 years old
Ingram 23 years old
Zo 23 years old
Hart 25 years old

In no world would anyone be able to convince me that above squad would not be ready to seriously contend for titles. For years to come. Not just a "one hitter quitter".

Respect to LaVar.

Bottom line, the Lakers would never trade him because of the optics.

That doesnt mean it wouldnt be the best BASKETBALL decision, because it would.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

I woulda shipped his ass out for AD at the deadline, sign KL

Ball
Ingram
kL
Kuzma
AD

Goat defense?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
I woulda shipped his ass out for AD at the deadline, sign KL

Ball
Ingram
kL
Kuzma
AD

Goat defense?

that team would be unbelievably good

and set up extremely well for the future as well
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Can anyone just post title threads? Isn't there a vetting process? Congrats on the worst title thread we've had in a long time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: