Rank These Players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: Rank These Players

LakersDC wrote:
Curious how everyone would rank these players we either have, had, or could have had assuming they were to play with this LBJ led Lakers team:

BI
Kuz
Zo
D'lo
Randle
Tatum
Fox

I'd go:
1) Fox (think this kid will still improve a lot - maybe not the best compliment to LBJ, but he's a Vegeta fan and I'd like a star PG in this era of dominant PGs)
2) Tatum (two guys we didn't take off the board first, lol)
3) D'lo (Always liked his swag, just wish he'd drive more often than settle)
4) BI/Kuz (cop-out)
5) Randle
6) Zo (I think Zo has potential, his game is just not very well suited to play with a ball dominant LBJ IMO) Was hoping to see an off-ball LBJ this year and maybe LBJ taking PG duties in the fourth, but basically plays PG all game, and Zo is turrible off-ball.

1) Tatum - can do everything well and isn’t injury prone

2) ZO - elite defender, the only one on this list that has an elite skill

3) Kuz - the most natural scorer of the bunch and has the best mental makeup

4) Fox - has improved a lot, never going to be special...but pretty darn good

5) Randle - good kid with some skills. His weaknesses are pretty glaring and are unlikely to improve

6) BI - awesome disposition, but just nothing special about him. Needs desperately to work on his strength and free throw shooting.

7) DLO - to me he is a lot like Devin booker, a very decent shooter who just shoots way too much. Booker is better. I think DLO is talented, but he’s fools gold....his defense is terrible and he’s not efficient offensively. The problem is that his raw scoring numbers and now his last minute inclusion on the all star team is going the command a large contract. He is the the guy on the list that I think is the least desirable to have on the team, not necessarily who is the least talented.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

Just to ask a question of the folks who like DLO so much, if Dipo didn’t get hurt and DLO wasn’t on the all star team, what would your feelings be? Did dipo getting hurt make DLO better? Just food for thought.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Just to ask a question of the folks who like DLO so much, if Dipo didn’t get hurt and DLO wasn’t on the all star team, what would your feelings be? Did dipo getting hurt make DLO better? Just food for thought.

not a bit...thought he was a year or two away from being an All Star...the fact that he is already an All Star this year is just a bonus
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

not a bit...thought he was a year or two away from being an All Star...the fact that he is already an All Star this year is just a bonus

Fair enough. I’m not a fan obviously, but I don’t like the booker/DLO/harden types. Is he a max player now?
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

Bi is the onky one who is hall of fame material. As soon as he gets it it's on for him.
Fox
Kuz
Randle - Plays with intensity and has motor.
Zo - He seems too passive and already injury prone. I hope he gets it, I still have hope.
Tatum and Dlo - I just dont see the fire in these two players. Most likely will be solid role players for there careers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Fair enough. I’m not a fan obviously, but I don’t like the booker/DLO/harden types. Is he a max player now?

I do not even know what that mean now. He is not an All NBA level player....so he is not an elite level player. I assume we are discussing a 4 year Max ($25ish Million per)? I could argue both sides, but I lean toward yes because while it might be an overpay in year 1...maybe even in year 2.....but it likely becomes a value deal in year 3 & 4, then you have Bird Rights.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

I do not even know what that mean now. He is not an All NBA level player....so he is not an elite level player. I assume we are discussing a 4 year Max ($25ish Million per)? I could argue both sides, but I lean toward yes because while it might be an overpay in year 1...maybe even in year 2.....but it likely becomes a value deal in year 3 & 4, then you have Bird Rights.

Yeah, I just don’t think you can compete for a championship with that type of player shooting so many shots and giving a lot of it back on D and taking up so much of the cap. Harden is the ultimate version of that player and surrounded with a lot of talent and he can’t make it happen. Brooklyn is just looking to be a good team, not a great team, so I imagine he’d get a max.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Rank These Players

Fox
Tatum
Ball
Russell
Ingram
Kuzma
Randle
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

His all star selection is a little over rated. His play has improved this year. The slightly over 40% shooter has improved to a torrid 43%. He still does not protect the ball and I am not fan of his assists to TO ratio. His D is obviously his achilles heel as he has been pulled in the end of games because of his D or lack thereof. He can play D, but he needs to be motivated to do so. Hopefully he matures (it seems he has a little bit) but bad mouthing the Lakers does not help his cause. His knee hopefully does not give him continued problems. I don't see him as a long term solution for the Nets.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Why comment on a player you obviously don’t watch play?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

while on the surface I agree with some of the comments that Tatum has likely became a little overrated....but the truth still is he is the only player on that list that helped his team get into the playoffs....then raised his level of play once in the playoffs....a playoff run that came up one game short of reaching the Finals. That has to matter, and although we can compare his actual play this year with Ingram's....I think it still gives Tatum to edge.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LKA wrote:
drae wrote:
Ingram
Ball
Kuz
Tatum
DLo
Randle
Fox

The two guys with the highest ceilings at the top, Kuz the scoring machine followed by the overhyped Tatum and the maturing DLo

You think Ingram and Lonzo have higher ceilings than Tatum and Fox? 😂😂 It’s okay to be a die hard Laker fan, we all are, but it’s also okay to be realistic...

You can't content yourself with just leaving your list?

You have to go out of your way to laugh at two fellow posters opinions?

What a dick...

Neither player has shown enough to believe they have better long term potential so it’s laughable to me ...

Yeah, and that's implicit with your original post as well as consistent history on the board.

Let’s keep it Lakers ..

Now it's "lets keep it Lakers" once someone calls you out lol
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

I do watch, interested in others opinions. Troll.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Ok, I guess you don’t recognize average defense which DLO has been playing this season.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Lonzo
Tatum
Fox
Kuzma
Russell
Ingram
Randle

But honestly, I could easily move any of them around. It's actually a pretty interesting comparison. The only one I feel pretty strongly about is Lonzo. Really believe he'll be something special if he can put it all together, including health.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

The Ingram haters are really out in this post..

Ingram is having a better season than Tatum.... with a worse system, worse Coach, and the most ball dominant player in the league...

Haters
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Ok, I guess you don’t recognize average defense which DLO has been playing this season.

Got me there chief
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

Imagine if the Lakers front office:

A) did not let 20/10 Randle walk for zero in return
B) did not trade away D Lo as the way to shed Mozgov
C) selected Fox who dominated Lonzo in the NCAA tourney game
D) were less precious about Ingram in trade talks for Paul George

A - is still indefensible;at least trade him or sign him to a multi-year deal then trade him if you need to
C - was a mistake that surprised many of us on draft day
D - Still see Ingram as too slow and gangly to be a ballhandler, too inconsistent to be a shooter, and too frail to be a low post player
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Based on overall careers when it's all said and done:

Fox
Tatum
Russell
Ingram
Lonzo
Kuzma
Randle
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

Tatum
DLO
Lonzo
Fox
Randle
Ingram
Kuzma
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

Are you asking who would best fit into this year's starting V of an LBJ-led team?

Fox / Tatum
Kuzma
D'lo
Ingram
Lonzo
Randle
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

Kuz
Ingram
Tatum
Fox
Ball
Dlo
Randle

But it's pretty close between all of them I don't see any of them that much better than the rest right now.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

That's tough couple players are very close and some are better now while some will be better later. That said I will go:

Zo
Tatum
Fox
Randle
Kuz
Ingram
DLo

Surprised to have DLo in this poll. Inefficient, higher turnovers, no defense negative asset in my book, but some people like him obviously
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Yeah, I just don’t think you can compete for a championship with that type of player shooting so many shots and giving a lot of it back on D and taking up so much of the cap. Harden is the ultimate version of that player and surrounded with a lot of talent and he can’t make it happen. Brooklyn is just looking to be a good team, not a great team, so I imagine he’d get a max.

Yet you have Kuzma rank 3 on your list.

Kuzma is the definition of a player shooting so many shots while giving a lot of it back on D. Except scoring, he does almost nothing else on decent a level and his value is primarily because of his contract. Eventually you will have to pay him, so do you think you can build a championship team if you have to pay Kuz 20+ mil? For a guy who does nothing else but score and can't even create his own shot consistently?

Harden almost made it happen last year though. Can't blame him for losing against the warriors with durant. At least he took them to 7 games with a chris paul injury along the way. We're depending on a guy who's 1-8 in the playoffs against that team and needed a historic shooting night to get the sole win.

Last edited by dabask11 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

If we're playing what ifs from past drafts, you should also include Porzingis.

Porzingis
Fox
Tatum

Russell
Ball
Kuzma

Ingram
Randle

I think the top 3 become stars. I think the next 3 are very good players who sneak into an all-star game or 2. I think the last 2 are good, but limited players who never sniff an all-star game.

I think Ball is easily the hardest to predict. His range will be dictated by how much his scoring improves. I don't think he needs to be a 20+ guy to be a star. But, he can be so limited that you question of he can ever be consistently adequate.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: