Woj: Demps will be fired
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
5 out of 7 seasons missing the playoffs

5 out of 7 seasons with less than 70 games... Looks like this one will be only 45.

Solution?

Trade 7 to 10 assets to acquire said player and go 2 on 4 vs. GSW or Philly.

If that sounds like a winning plan... well, I don't know what to say.

I was looking for the Dell Demps thread. Did I stumble upon the Brandon Ingram/Kyle Kuzma/Lonzo Ball thread?

Wait so if someone correlates his firing with positive news for a trade it's okay... But if someone tries to say something negative about a potential trade then it's not?

No problem at all. See you in the Dodgers thread. We can discuss more about this trade.

BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Ferry wont trade AD to us
but the other offers wont be good

no other team is going to offer draft picks for a possible rental.
The only team that is scary is Clippers having draft picks and the Miami pick, but they have no current young players that would benefit Pels

Id send Ingram + Hart, 2 1sts and 2 2nds,

Pels can be decent with

Elfrid Payton
Jrue Holiday
Ingram
Randle
Okafor

Hart
Moore
Lakers 2019 1st rounder
Their own 2019 1st rounder
Future 1st
2 2nd rounders
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

Demps was always going to be let go at some stage. This is just a bit earlier than expected but he was never going to be the GM next year. He was a pretty horrible GM.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Weren't they always going to fire him anyway?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I have heard two different narratives in the media since Demps was fired.

-- One is he was fired because he did not do the Lakers deal, a deal that now appears to be a better deal than the Pels will get this summer.

-- within an hour, another article claims he was fired because ownership felt he would have did the deal if they had not prevented him from doing the deal....and want someone this summer to negotiate a better deal than the Laker deal.

One item that is comical is how the national media narrative has seemed to change to the Lakers offer being a very good offer and one the Pels should have accepted......but before the deadline, it was very hard to find someone in the media with that opinion.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

i guess, but you can pretty much say that about anyone in that position.....every day is a day closer to their termination. I can recall a decade ago people saying this will likely be Marvin Lewis's last year with the Bengals...they said it each year and were eventually correct.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

i guess, but you can pretty much say that about anyone in that position.....every day is a day closer to their termination. I can recall a decade ago people saying this will likely be Marvin Lewis's last year with the Bengals...they said it each year and were eventually correct.

He was never going to be the GM next year. When the trade deadline passed they were talking about letting their NEW GM own the Davis trade
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

How does Danny ferry still have a high paying job after his racist comments?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

He was never going to be the GM next year. When the trade deadline passed they were talking about letting their NEW GM own the Davis trade

I'd be shocked if Demps gets a prominent front office position ever again. Fans and fellow owners may love that he strung the Lakers along while never intending to do business with them but players and agents certainly took note. They got played as much as anyone in this AD debacle.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

It sounds like it would be in our favor if David Griffin was hired there. But it's also doubtful that NO ownership would allow for an independent mind to do things his way. Demps has been a puppet for years, once for Stern and now for Benson/Loomis. They'll probably just hire another schmuck like him.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Really hope David Griffin gets the job

Heard him interview during the AD trade saga and he thought Pelicans getting a great package

He especially liked BI ... basically calling him a future all star
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

He was just “Anchormaning” it. 😂
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Really hope David Griffin gets the job

Heard him interview during the AD trade saga and he thought Pelicans getting a great package

He especially liked BI ... basically calling him a future all star

That all but guarantees he won't get the job then
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
wth?

What in the world is NO doing over there?

Correcting the mistake that they made by not firing him in the offseason. There is a new sheriff in NO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I have heard two different narratives in the media since Demps was fired.

-- One is he was fired because he did not do the Lakers deal, a deal that now appears to be a better deal than the Pels will get this summer.

-- within an hour, another article claims he was fired because ownership felt he would have did the deal if they had not prevented him from doing the deal....and want someone this summer to negotiate a better deal than the Laker deal.

One item that is comical is how the national media narrative has seemed to change to the Lakers offer being a very good offer and one the Pels should have accepted......but before the deadline, it was very hard to find someone in the media with that opinion.

The Lakers had nothing to do with him being fired
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

AllorNothing wrote:

* Duke - the North Carolina mafia keeps folks from the Tarheel State working
* Spurs - somehow, the Bensons have a connection to the city of San Antonio
* Good Ol' Boy Network - his dad, Bob Ferry, was a meh NBA player and a longtime NBA exec.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Quote:
New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that "outside forces" are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don't make sense for it, league sources said.

Her mandate has been to "take back control from outside forces," one league source told ESPN. Benson has been adamant with the organization to find a pathway to sustainable winning in one of the league's smallest markets, and plans to be aggressive in pursuing the best available candidates to oversee basketball operations, league sources said.

If this explains their perspective and their approach to trading AD, then it sounds like Demps ultimately wasn't behind that classless approach to the negotiations. If anything, this almost makes me think that the reason he was let go was because he was open to trading AD to LA, but ownership wouldn't have it. And if that's the case, whoever they replace him with will probably be someone who is 100% aligned with their shortsighted pettiness. This could actually mean that a possible AD trade here is significantly less likely to happen now.

Funny that ownership could actually think the Lakers’ offer ”didn’t make sense for them.” They were getting a treasure chest of young, talented players with star potential that they could build around for the foreseeable future, plus multiple first round draft picks. To think that offer didn't make sense for them shows just how incompetent they are. They literally have no idea what they're doing. They wanted to wait for the summer to let Boston get in on things, well, hiring someone who works closely with Ainge would only be the cherry on top when Boston hoodwinks them by keeping Tatum.

couldnt you read this another way also......she is mad that the league (all the other franchises) for putting pressure on them not to make trades with the lakers. Look the lakers were willing to put all their assets up and take back a player....that would have helped them tremendously. They could have used all the assets to get other players. If they were mad at the lakers why fire him when he did what they wanted....did not make the trade.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
Ferry wont trade AD to us
but the other offers wont be good

no other team is going to offer draft picks for a possible rental.
The only team that is scary is Clippers having draft picks and the Miami pick, but they have no current young players that would benefit Pels

Id send Ingram + Hart, 2 1sts and 2 2nds,

Pels can be decent with

Elfrid Payton
Jrue Holiday
Ingram
Randle
Okafor

Hart
Moore
Lakers 2019 1st rounder
Their own 2019 1st rounder
Future 1st
2 2nd rounders

we probably will not make the playoffs....i would say our pick is going to be a good one. the lakers should only protect if it is number 1 pick.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
Judah wrote:
Quote:
New Orleans owner Gayle Benson has been angry over the Davis trade demand and her belief that "outside forces" are trying to push the franchise into decisions that don't make sense for it, league sources said.

Her mandate has been to "take back control from outside forces," one league source told ESPN. Benson has been adamant with the organization to find a pathway to sustainable winning in one of the league's smallest markets, and plans to be aggressive in pursuing the best available candidates to oversee basketball operations, league sources said.

If this explains their perspective and their approach to trading AD, then it sounds like Demps ultimately wasn't behind that classless approach to the negotiations. If anything, this almost makes me think that the reason he was let go was because he was open to trading AD to LA, but ownership wouldn't have it. And if that's the case, whoever they replace him with will probably be someone who is 100% aligned with their shortsighted pettiness. This could actually mean that a possible AD trade here is significantly less likely to happen now.

Funny that ownership could actually think the Lakers’ offer ”didn’t make sense for them.” They were getting a treasure chest of young, talented players with star potential that they could build around for the foreseeable future, plus multiple first round draft picks. To think that offer didn't make sense for them shows just how incompetent they are. They literally have no idea what they're doing. They wanted to wait for the summer to let Boston get in on things, well, hiring someone who works closely with Ainge would only be the cherry on top when Boston hoodwinks them by keeping Tatum.

couldnt you read this another way also......she is mad that the league (all the other franchises) for putting pressure on them not to make trades with the lakers. Look the lakers were willing to put all their assets up and take back a player....that would have helped them tremendously. They could have used all the assets to get other players. If they were mad at the lakers why fire him when he did what they wanted....did not make the trade.

That's an excellent, excellent point. I honestly didn't even consider that. I guess I assumed that the ”outside forces” thing was a reference to Klutch. You might be right. But then at the same time, why not overrule him and accept the Lakers deal?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

Demps was a dead man walking for 2-3 months.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:
Judah wrote:
Quote:

That's an excellent, excellent point. I honestly didn't even consider that. I guess I assumed that the ”outside forces” thing was a reference to Klutch. You might be right. But then at the same time, why not overrule him and accept the Lakers deal?

yeah....i agree...good point also. the only thing nagging me is if they are mad at the lakers....why fire him now....he did what she wanted....didnt trade him to the lakers.
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

It's more reasonable to believe that they don't think Demps is up to task to handle an AD trade this summer. Remember what was the Pelicans response to AD's trade demand? They publicly announced that they requested the NBA to enforce their tampering rules. That should tell you exactly how they feel about trading with the Lakers and how embarrassing it was for this FO to be baited into offering everything they had. This smear campaign they have going on in the media through WOJ is certainly something else.

The Lakers need Irving to leave Boston to regain leverage, but even in that ideal scenario, they have shown enough animosity towards the Lakers to ship AD to a team like the Clippers this summer.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

somebody tweeted this: Woj is a pelicans PR guy and i agree with them
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
somebody tweeted this: Woj is a pelicans PR guy and i agree with them

Woj sold his soul, and we are all the poorer for it.
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Damn Rams just had to come to LA didn't they?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6
Jump to: