View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Yeah, I am sure they have some pretty smart accountants who know how to take advantage of loopholes and other legal tax breaks. I think the operwting losses are just a portion of it.

I dont believe they are evading taxes per se.

oh they are evading them....just legally evading them.

I do not want to get into a detailed tax discussion, but I will always believe that a complicated personal and corporate tax policy will always favor the wealthiest and richest. There are many simple tax plan theories out there, but they always get destroyed in perception because the narrative will focus on the "little goodies" that us common folk like to take advantage of.....and not the "massive goodies" that the wealthy take advantage of which requires us to either pay more taxes or increase national debt. Make it simple....get rid of almost all of the loopholes and goodies for everyone....and the normal Joe will benefit.

Everybody evades taxes to varying degrees. That’s the hypocrisy in all of this.

Sure, I agree with you in theory but if you get rid of every deduction, I don’t know that that would help the average Joe though. I think there are a lot of complexities at play.

Is having a dependent considered a goodie? A person without kids would say so.

as a person that has a child, and claims that child on my personal taxes.....I will admit that single people without children are somewhat losers in the current tax code if it is viewed in its purest form as a zero sum practice (taxation and spending). In general I oppose the government using taxation as a form to reward and punish citizens based on their life choices and activities.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: