UPS driver doesn't move for ambulance

View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think should happen to the driver.
HE SHOULD BE FIRED
57%
 57%  [ 4 ]
HE SHOULD BE FINED
28%
 28%  [ 2 ]
HE SHOULD BE SUSPENDED
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
NOTHING
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject: UPS driver doesn't move for ambulance

Driver was in van. He had to have heard the sirens and horn. He had a attitude. I thought I detected a foreign accent. Maybe he didn't know he was supposed to move.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: UPS driver doesn't move for ambulance

jodeke wrote:
Driver was in van. He had to have heard the sirens and horn. He had a attitude. I thought I detected a foreign accent. Maybe he didn't no he was supposed to move.

LINK

Yeah, he had an attitude.

I think he thinks he knows the law - he said you are illegally recording me.

Wonder what took him so long? This guy could possibly be charged of some kind of criminal/civil lawsuit if someone got hurt/injured because they were late by 30 seconds.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:08 pm    Post subject:

California Vehicle Code 21806 VC states that drivers in California must yield to emergency vehicles when they're using: (1) sirens; and, (2) at least one visible red light.

https://www.shouselaw.com/traffic/vc-21806

Looks like NY though
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: UPS driver doesn't move for ambulance

jodeke wrote:
Driver was in van. He had to have heard the sirens and horn. He had a attitude. I thought I detected a foreign accent. Maybe he didn't no he was supposed to move.

LINK

I was driving a friend visiting from Mexico and when an emergency vehicle came up behind me with the lights on I immediately pulled over to yield to it. He kind of laughed at me and questioned why I took it so seriously and so quickly yielded. Maybe it's considered more optional in certain countries? This UPS driver however is a licensed driver in the US and lives here so he should know better.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: UPS driver doesn't move for ambulance

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

I was driving a friend visiting from Mexico and when an emergency vehicle came up behind me with the lights on I immediately pulled over to yield to it. He kind of laughed at me and questioned why I took it so seriously and so quickly yielded. Maybe it's considered more optional in certain countries? This UPS driver however is a licensed driver in the US and lives here so he should know better.

I do it because they are only rolling to save a life.
I used to see them and send the kindest thoughts I can think of to
the person they racing to help

I think anyone who slows an ambulance should be locked up in a psych institute as a grave threat to the safety of society

Did not watch video yet.. I don't like watching stuff that angers me.. blocking emergency personnel is highly criminal in my book...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: