imagine owning the Lakers. How would you fix this s*** show?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm, I'm a little concerned reading a few of these. Many people have no concern retooling with 81 year old Jerry West and promoting Ryan and Jesse who don't have the most experience themselves. Isn't that the floating criticism of Magic and Rob, that they don't have any experience?

Personally, I don't see a sh*t show and things are not as bad as everyone is making them out to be. It's just the injuries, losing, and AD situation getting to everone's head. Now is not the time to make rash decisions. We are on the right track and very close to our goal, we need to stay the course and continue making gradual improvements, making smart deals, and building around the young core while trying to acquire another star. Why would we want to blow it all up again after a few years and set ourselves back another 5 years?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Hmmm, I'm a little concerned reading a few of these. Many people have no concern retooling with 81 year old Jerry West and promoting Ryan and Jesse who don't have the most experience themselves. Isn't that the floating criticism of Magic and Rob, that they don't have any experience?

Personally, I don't see a sh*t show and things are not as bad as everyone is making them out to be. It's just the injuries, losing, and AD situation getting to everone's head. Now is not the time to make rash decisions. We are on the right track and very close to our goal, we need to stay the course and continue making gradual improvements, making smart deals, and building around the young core while trying to acquire another star. Why would we want to blow it all up again after a few years and set ourselves back another 5 years?

Don't see where you get this idea that the Lakers are building around their young core. They were ready to trade the entire team for AD. If they land AD as a free agent, I expect to see them trade a lot of the young guys to create a better fit around the two of them.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Don't see where you get this idea that the Lakers are building around their young core
. They were ready to trade the entire team for AD. If they land AD as a free agent, I expect to see them trade a lot of the young guys to create a better fit around the two of them.

Because they have repeatedly emphasized that? AD making himself available was an unexpected exception, are we supposed to just not pick up the phone and make an attempt at him? I don't doubt we still want to build around these guys but nobody is untouchable for the right deal, and that's how it should be.
japkilla
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

fire everyone
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

japkilla wrote:
fire everyone

This. Magic, Pelinka and Luke=Gone.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Hire basketball people and let them run the team.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't overreact in the moment.

This year was a stepping stone season anyway.

In the off season, I blow out Walton and bring in an aggressive defensive minded coach who has LeBron's blessing.

I then sign a max free agent to pair with LeBron, we all know the names.

The main thing is increasing the defensive intensity, I don't see the need for "shooters" and such who can't or won't defend on a team of guys who already can't or won't defend.

Defense will be our salvation, should it come.
#savethekids
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Send Lebron tto Germany to meet with the amazing physicians over there.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Hookers and coke for everyone year round.

Now we're talking.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Don't see where you get this idea that the Lakers are building around their young core
. They were ready to trade the entire team for AD. If they land AD as a free agent, I expect to see them trade a lot of the young guys to create a better fit around the two of them.

Because they have repeatedly emphasized that? AD making himself available was an unexpected exception, are we supposed to just not pick up the phone and make an attempt at him? I don't doubt we still want to build around these guys but nobody is untouchable for the right deal, and that's how it should be.

Actions speak louder than words. Randle, Russell, Nance, and Zu -- who were once part of the "young core" -- are now gone. The rest of them have been offered up in trades. I see no reason to think the Lakers are especially committed to building around Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Hart
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

did anybody suggest a time machine
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Ride it out with current front office, If Magic signs a max player this offseason then go from there. If not and AD does not sign the following year then time to restructure front office again.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

He's got his own in Miami, he doesn't need Kobe's German friends
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 am    Post subject:

Lakers actually raised ticket prices when they got lebron- I'm sure the owners feel just fine.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

Magic the player made Jerry West look like a genius. What player moves did West really make.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
Magic the player made Jerry West look like a genius. What player moves did West really make.

Seriously?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:40 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
zambia wrote:

Seriously?

Man. Folks really need to read up on Lakers history. West was hands down the best GM in franchise history.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
zambia wrote:

Seriously?

Man. Folks really need to read up on Lakers history. West was hands down the best GM in franchise history.

Wow. I'm stunned and then, given where we are, not at all.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
zambia wrote:

Seriously?

I know Laker history and like I said before, Magic the player made Jerry West look like a genius. I’m waiting to hear about the great player moves or draft picks found in late rounds during Magic’s era Don’t forget Magic spoke to Buss about obtaining McAdoo and Mychal Thompson. Magic knew Thompson was the only person who could guard Mchale. Jerry West wanted to draft Super Sid instead of Magic. He did draft the great Geeter over Larry Nance. Magic gets Lebron, everyone states Lebron wanted to come. Jerry West gets Shaq he’s the greatest. Shaq and Kobe WANTED to come to LA just like Lebron. I’m waiting to hear about the great player moves during Magic’s era.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:
activeverb wrote:
trablos wrote:

Actions speak louder than words. Randle, Russell, Nance, and Zu -- who were once part of the "young core" -- are now gone. The rest of them have been offered up in trades. I see no reason to think the Lakers are especially committed to building around Ball, Ingram, Kuz and Hart

Not giving up Ingram, Zo, and Kuz for PG or Kawhi doesn't speak loudly to you? Again, just because you move some young guys doesn't mean you don't value youth development. Dlo was mostly collateral damage and Randle was due for a payday and the Lakers didn't want to commit to him. It's not like we are actively shopping Ball/Kuz/BI around the league, we had to try to get a superstar who made himself available and got burned by a petty organization who spilled the beans. That's the only reason we are having this conversation lol
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:

Lebron has his own people in Miami. But yes, Kobe had Germany.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
zambia wrote:

Seriously?

I know Laker history and like I said before, Magic the player made Jerry West look like a genius. I’m waiting to hear about the great player moves or draft picks found in late rounds during Magic’s era Don’t forget Magic spoke to Buss about obtaining McAdoo and Mychal Thompson. Magic knew Thompson was the only person who could guard Mchale. Jerry West wanted to draft Super Sid instead of Magic. He did draft the great Geeter over Larry Nance. Magic gets Lebron, everyone states Lebron wanted to come. Jerry West gets Shaq he’s the greatest. Shaq and Kobe WANTED to come to LA just like Lebron. I’m waiting to hear about the great player moves during Magic’s era.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

You say Kobe/Shaq wanted to come to LA (and discount all the moves that West had to make to clear the space for Shaq and the brass ball it took to take a lanky kid over a proven Vlade Divac) but you don't think LBJ wanted to come to LA too?

My goodness, please at least WIKI Jerry West before spewing that nonsene.
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You say Kobe/Shaq wanted to come to LA (and discount all the moves that West had to make to clear the space for Shaq and the brass ball it took to take a lanky kid over a proven Vlade Divac) but you don't think LBJ wanted to come to LA too?

My goodness, please at least WIKI Jerry West before spewing that nonsene.

1. Stop avoiding my question about Jerry West great player moves and draft picks during Magic’s era.

2. I said Lebron, Kobe and Shaq all WANTED to come to LA. Magic no credit and Jerry West gets credit.

3. To clear extra space for Shaq. West traded players who were former 1st
round picks for future 2nd round picks. How quickly the trades were completed was awesome.

4. Don’t get me wrong I’m a big fan of Jerry West. I’ve also noticed people love talking trash about Magic, so I decided to let people know Magic the player made West job very easy.

Last edited by zambia on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Does the FO of any team any sport hire assistants for the head coach? serious question

The Colangelo crew hired MDA to be with Brown in Philadelphia. There were rumors that they wanted MDA to replace Brown. Hinkie might made a blocking move with a report that Brown was given an extension shortly before Hinkie left.

It worked out because MDA went to Houston and Brown is getting to coach now during the good times as a reward for having to coach during the dreary times a few years ago.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7
Jump to: