If it was possible, would you trade Lebron James for another superstar or a quality set of young players?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers trade Lebron James for another superstar, or a core of really good young players?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 78 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 118

cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Ahhhh. When the hypotheticals are always better.

"ANY coach would be better than Mike D'Antoni!"

Byron Scott: "Hold my beer"

Ironically, Byron would've been a good coach for the team D'Antoni had, and D'Antoni would've been better with the team Byron had.

This was always my beef with the FO when they hired MDA. It wasn't that MDA was a bad coach, he was just the wrong one. We had a team built on low-post bigs and they go out and hire the one coach at the time who hated playing bigs.

And then we had a bunch of young guards/wings trying to learn the game with Kobe in and out of the lineup. That's when you hire a guy like MDA to help them open up spacing.

I don’t think Byron would be a good coach for any team...

D’Antoni is an elite coach— top five in the league. Look at what’s he’s done for the Rockets. The Lakers team he got was filled with post-prime big names who didn’t fit his style.

Let's make that a top 5 regular season coach. But the important part was the start of this season. Did the Rockets panic and fire MDA because they were loosing games? No. But the Lakers FO starts talking about this after Luke looses a game and a half. That is a big problem. No coach can coach a team if he is on the hot seat all the time and doesn't have the support from FO. Continuity is worth more than a coach that is 5% better at this or that. How can the front office built a team if the coaches change all the time and want to play different systems with different players? How can a coach handle a diva like LeBron if the FO doesn't stand behind him and rather fires the coach than trading the player that doesn't play as he should?

I voted yes but the return package really must be good enough to win a couple of playoff games. Otherwise everything is lost. But sometimes you have to make moves like the Warriors did with Monta Ellis...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:

Best thing that can happen to the Lakers is if Lebron demands a trade, and if his reasons are that the current players are good guys, but not ready to compete, and I want to win one last ring before I retire.

I doubt Lebron signed here because he thought the current group of young players were ready to compete for a ring.

So rather than ask to be traded, it's much more likely he'll push for the young guys to be traded.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Luke is no MDA. But I could see the same thing happening again if we fire Luke without an obtainable, better replacement on deck.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Ironically, Byron would've been a good coach for the team D'Antoni had, and D'Antoni would've been better with the team Byron had.

Replace Byron Scott with Mike Brown and you might have a point. Brown inflated Bynum's value to the point we were able to trade Bynum for Dwight.
We chose MDA to maximize Nash. Who ended up being a kamikaze player sent from PHX.

I don't think MDA would've been great for Kobe and our 3 bigs (Odom, Pau, Bynum). But MDA would've been better for DLO though. That's for sure.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: