If it was possible, would you trade Lebron James for another superstar or a quality set of young players?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the Lakers trade Lebron James for another superstar, or a core of really good young players?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 78 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 118

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

No one is going to gut their roster, or, move anything of great long term value for a player in the final years of their career. Lebron triple doubled while pouting. I'll take that instead thank you very much.
How many draft picks did Mitch give up for Old Steve Nash?
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:14 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
We wouldn’t trade Lebron for the same reason we wouldn’t trade Kobe.

Even if there is a point at which it woukd make basketball sense. (Not saying that point is now necessarily).

Kobe won us three rings in a row. Lebron is pouting. It's not about being intimidated by Lebron, it's about doing what's best for this Lakers franchise, which means trading Lebron James and getting YOUNGER and HUNGRIER.

I have NO problem doing it with LeBron. Hes not a Laker in the same sense that Kobe was/is.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
troy wrote:
Threatt_Level wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Good luck ever getting notable free agents, anyone signed by Klutch if you trade Lebron.

It's hard enough to sign them now. The backlash we would get would be damaging.

This should be the last word. It's silly to even think this. We've been trying to add a superstar to our young core, and now that we have one, we're talking about trading him.

Why is it silly? the poll is almost 2/1 in favor of trading Lebron James. We can at least have some dialog about it.

Unless it’s a mutual departure, we are not trading Lebron James. Regardless of what the geniuses on LG think. The Lakers would become a bigger joke than the Dolan Knicks. The Clippers will be the new LA team. We watched Kobe’s Legacy contract and the train wreck that ensued, we can sit and watch this one too.

How big of a joke will we become if we keep sitting out legacy contracts and, again, LeBron has no legacy with us. We dont owe him anything
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:
Yes, trade Lebron for AD straight up! A 35 year old aging star isnt going to cut it, his defense right now is already pretty bad. We arent going anywhere with LeGrandpa leading us.

First, he's 34.

Second, why would Klutch do that to their two top clients?

So now we're prisoners of Lebron, and Klutch? I thought the lovely Jeannie Buss owned the team, not Lebron and/or his agent.

That's a Klutch issue. Internally, how would they be serving their clients with this trade?

I'm not even talking about the Lakers here.

It would be about the Lakers, they and the Pelicans. They would be executing the trade.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Depends on his health. Before the injury I would have been an emphatic "hell no" on this question.

Injuries are a part of age. We just saw this with Kobe and Nash. Doesnt matter how well they are playing, injuries can come quickly and affect you more with age
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
laker50 wrote:
You folks don't realize how BAD the Lakers are without Lebron James. In Cavs he had Irving, Love, Smith and good shooters.
They were also all stars. In Miami he had Wade and Bosch.
The Lakers don't have ONE player remotely close to being an all star let alone a consistent player. A bunch of kids that were drafted high but not developed. A bunch of reject vets from other teams. The only reason Lebron came to LA was business and the weather.

And Lebron has a tendency to be the whole show.
If he really wanted to win he would forego the all star game and
rest.

The Lakers have to stop going for the quick fix and try to build a team like GSW, Spurs, Celtics, Philly.
They are patient and build from a foundation.

We tried. They tanked better than us.

They didn't give up in the middle of trying.
foshowtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
laker50 wrote:
You folks don't realize how BAD the Lakers are without Lebron James. In Cavs he had Irving, Love, Smith and good shooters.
The Lakers don't have ONE player remotely close to being an all star let alone a consistent player. A bunch of kids that were drafted high but not developed. A bunch of reject vets from other teams. The only reason Lebron came to LA was business and the weather.

rest.

The Lakers have to stop going for the quick fix and try to build a team like GSW, Spurs, Celtics, Philly.

Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

rest.

Apples and oranges. Philly got Embiid and Simmons. The Lakers did not.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:36 pm    Post subject:

It’s very difficult to integrate superstar and young players i.e. Butler and Towns, Irving and young Celtics. It happened to Shaq and Kobe, Jordan and Brown etc. I think we have to many young players and gave up too many playing time to them.

If I was the FO, I would only keep 2 out of Ingram, Ball and Kuzma and trade other young players for more ready players. We have only 6 veterans beside LeBron before the trades. Even now, there are only 7 in McGee, Chandler, Muscala, Stephenson, KCP, Bullock and Rando.

Surrounding the young core i.e. Ingram or Ball with veterans are better than with other developing young players.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
al242 wrote:
Yes, trade Lebron for AD straight up! A 35 year old aging star isnt going to cut it, his defense right now is already pretty bad. We arent going anywhere with LeGrandpa leading us.

First, he's 34.

Second, why would Klutch do that to their two top clients?

So now we're prisoners of Lebron, and Klutch? I thought the lovely Jeannie Buss owned the team, not Lebron and/or his agent.

That's a Klutch issue. Internally, how would they be serving their clients with this trade?

I'm not even talking about the Lakers here.

It would be about the Lakers, they and the Pelicans. They would be executing the trade.

Yeah, I'm not sure what decision making role Klutch would have in this instance.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Ya’ll act like we trade Lebron and we’ll suddenly get to the finals and win a championship...Yea OK keep dreaming.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:40 pm    Post subject:

DaKing23 wrote:
Ya’ll act like we trade Lebron and we’ll suddenly get to the finals and win a championship...Yea OK keep dreaming.

LBJ burner account?
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:44 pm    Post subject:

This thread made me genuinely laugh out loud. The problem isn’t coaching or roster building or the complete lack of significant development of our young players. The problem is Lebron.

Embarrassing.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Rhazz wrote:
This thread made me genuinely laugh out loud. The problem isn’t coaching or roster building or the complete lack of significant development of our young players. The problem is Lebron.

Embarrassing.

No one said Lebron was the problem. You took it upon yourself to project that interpretation.

The point is whether or not it's viable to trade an aging Lebron for a younger superstar, or a 2nd core of young, but very good players.

I agree. Your inability to read simple words and absorb their intent is indeed embarrassing.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

Embarrassing.

No one said Lebron was the problem. You took it upon yourself to project that interpretation.

The point is whether or not it's viable to trade an aging Lebron for a younger superstar, or a 2nd core of young, but very good players.

I agree. Your inability to read simple words and absorb their intent is indeed embarrassing.

Honest question…do you think posting this poll minutes after a demoralizing loss to a bad team at a time where Lebron has been highly criticized on this board was the best time to get feedback on your question in a non-emotional manner? I only ask because I see a lot of the aforementioned critical posters willing to trade the man for roughly 10 cents on the dollar.
Rhazz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

Embarrassing.

Your opening post is all about how disappointing Lebron’s effort is and how he can’t lead our young core. Did you forget what you wrote? Next time stand behind what you said instead of resorting to petty insults.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:
Dunno about a trade but watching this cat makes me appreciate the Mamba that much more. I know I took him for granted.

Kobe had his flaws. Like being tripled teamed and still jacking up some weird ass shot. Turning off free agents with the way he talked to them. His legacy contract.

Which free agents did he talk "weird" to? When he asked Dwight to be his Tyson Chandler? Dwight would be a champion if he understood how valuable Tyson was. Now he's a journey man trying to post up like it's 1995. Lamarcus Aldridge? He said Kobe was the best part about our presentation because he actually spoke basketball, vs. Jeannie's team entering the room and talking about the perks of Los Angeles. Then we had to make an embarassing plea to get a 2nd meet with him in a quiet room and just talk hoops. I don't recall anyone else.
Air Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

I always thought getting a much younger PG or Kawhi would fit our timeline better than getting LeBron, so yes to OP's question.

Of course I like that we signed LeBron, but I'm verry worried about them giving away whatever long term pieces we have that will set us up for another inevitable rebuild in 3 years.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Plaschke had an article where he stated that Lebron might not be that into being a Laker. So, if you were in agreeance with Lebron on a location he wanted to go to and sent him to a championship contender, it might make sense.

But, I would ask a lot...Every other team has ripped us off or tried to rip us off, in trades. This would be our turn.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject:

hell freaking no. it's quite obvious LeBron is not playing with any passion, and his play shows. this is way better than he's trying everything he got and still getting the same results. this tells me either one of the two: 1. LeBron is using his passive aggressive way to have a coaching change, which most of us here support 100%. 2. the Laker brass has intention to throw away this season and focus on the summer free agency and next year and beyond.
Air Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:24 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Plaschke had an article where he stated that Lebron might not be that into being a Laker. So, if you were in agreeance with Lebron on a location he wanted to go to and sent him to a championship contender, it might make sense.

But, I would ask a lot...Every other team has ripped us off or tried to rip us off, in trades. This would be our turn.

I don't think LeBron would ever agree to being traded though. It doesn't go well with his "I'm in control narrative".

Even if he controls the trade process, when you trade a player you inevitably put a price tag on him, and I don't think he'd be ok with stablishing he's worth this or that tier of player/assets.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Plaschke

Say no more fam.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
troy wrote:
Rhazz wrote:

Embarrassing.

Honest question…do you think posting this poll minutes after a demoralizing loss to a bad team at a time where Lebron has been highly criticized on this board was the best time to get feedback on your question in a non-emotional manner? I only ask because I see a lot of the aforementioned critical posters willing to trade the man for roughly 10 cents on the dollar.

My gut feeling is that obtaining Lebron James has disrupted the chemistry and the progressive flow I felt we had established last season. I would have much rather obtained a younger, hungrier, and less diva-ish superstar. Although extremely talented, Lebron James was, in essence, the WORST superstar for this particular Lakers team. He would have done better with a more established team on the brink of making the finals. Lebron wants it now...our young core isn't ready. Lebron is Lebron, so Magic, et al decides to accommodate him, and not the young core. As such, the team is sacrificed for the desires of Lebron James.

The issue isn't his level of talent; that is well documented.

The issue is where he is in his life, and his career. Think of it along the lines of dating. A 50 year old man meets a hot 18 year old girl. They decide to date because each has something the other wants. However, the 50 year old likes to converse about world events, wines, his travels abroad. The 18 year old likes to converse about partying, Tinder, Cardi B, so forth). The 50 year old has been there and done that, and wants to invest in a quiet country home. The 18 year old is preoccupied with getting her first car and paying for college tuition. (yes, I'm bored at work and have too much time on my hands)

Paul George or KL would have been great for our Lakers. Lebron? Not so much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:21 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Who says these guys come by themselves?

PG stayed with WB in OKC. Would he come out on a limb to join a possibly non playoff team? Based on his behavior and decision, no.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Who says these guys come by themselves?

PG stayed with WB in OKC. Would he come out on a limb to join a possibly non playoff team? Based on his behavior and decision, no.

Again, you take things to literally.

PG would have been great because he's younger and less of a diva than Lebron. I actually like his calm, almost humble demeanor (same thing for KL), and I think that would mesh well with the personas of our young core, which means a greater chemistry and likely hood of playing hard night in and nigh out.

As of now, there is 100% a disconnect on this Lakers team, and I blame than on the presence of Lebron James.. Now, I'm not saying he deliberately meant for that to happen, I'm saying that the disconnected and failed chemistry on this Lakers team can be mostly attributed to Lebron being on this team, regardless of who's fault it is.

Best thing that can happen to the Lakers is if Lebron demands a trade, and if his reasons are that the current players are good guys, but not ready to compete, and I want to win one last ring before I retire.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: