Team Klutch vs. Team Mintz
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team Would You Have Preferred?
Team Klutch
71%
 71%  [ 25 ]
Team Mintz
28%
 28%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 35

Author Message
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104091

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I saw someone break down the cap mechanics, and we could sign a 7-9 year max, and all we would have to do is send out 21m in salary to make another AD trade (assuming the Pels even trade with us).


Unfortunately all our contracts are expiring. Ball and BI will get us to 16m, but I’d rather keep one of the two. Kuzma and Hart are about 1m each. I’m guessing Wagner and Bonga are 1m each too. Who’s left after that?


We have 37-38m in cap space.

The max FA will cost 32.7.

BI/Lonzo/Kuz = 17.8m. So you can add the remaining cap space or add two of Hart/Mo/Bonga.


That hurts though 😝


Not if you can theoretically have LBJ/KL/AD. (emphasis on theoretically... ).

But Plan 1A to me has always been about getting that max FA first, then deciding whether to keep the YUTES or trade for a 3rd star.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 26 Apr 2004
Posts: 11290

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I saw someone break down the cap mechanics, and we could sign a 7-9 year max, and all we would have to do is send out 21m in salary to make another AD trade (assuming the Pels even trade with us).


Unfortunately all our contracts are expiring. Ball and BI will get us to 16m, but I’d rather keep one of the two. Kuzma and Hart are about 1m each. I’m guessing Wagner and Bonga are 1m each too. Who’s left after that?


We have 37-38m in cap space.

The max FA will cost 32.7.

BI/Lonzo/Kuz = 17.8m. So you can add the remaining cap space or add two of Hart/Mo/Bonga.

we can do a sign and trade with like Lance. They waive him and then he can go be a backup for a contender
_________________
(bleep) Kawhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MIMLaker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2001
Posts: 9800
Location: Los Angeles/ Alhambra, CA

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Klutch also has John Wall, IIRC.

Mintz also has Ariza and JJ Redick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 20290
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Can someone freshen my memory. Did we already have one max slot prior to the Moz for Brook trade?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 9483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Klutch also has John Wall, IIRC.

Mintz also has Ariza and JJ Redick.


if true that makes things much more interesting
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
32
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 04 Nov 2009
Posts: 60898

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Klutch clients.

LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
John Wall, Washington Wizards
Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers
J.R. Smith, Cleveland Cavaliers
Eric Bledsoe, Milwaukee Bucks
Norris Cole, Maccabi Tel Aviv B.C.
Cory Joseph, Indiana Pacers
Trey Lyles, Denver Nuggets
Ben McLemore, Sacramento Kings
Kosta Koufos, Sacramento Kings
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Los Angeles Lakers
Montrezl Harrell, Los Angeles Clippers
Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
Dejounte Murray, San Antonio Spurs
Shabazz Muhammad, Shanxi Brave Dragons
Terrance Ferguson, Oklahoma City Thunder
Nerlens Noel, Oklahoma City Thunder
Miles Bridges, Charlotte Hornets
Marcus Morris, Boston Celtics
Markieff Morris, Washington Wizards
Darius Bazley
_________________
Nobody in the NBA can touch the Laker brand, which, like the uniform color, is pure gold.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 9483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

john wall alone may sway me to mintz
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3430

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject:

DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 9483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


me too and it's not even close
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36538
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


but the coaches didn't, they voted for DLo over Butler....so yeah, he is an All Star.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3430

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


but the coaches didn't, they voted for DLo over Butler....so yeah, he is an All Star.


Adam Silver chose him as a replacement.

#facts

Quote:
Currently in his fourth NBA season, Russell is a first-time All-Star and was selected by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to replace injured Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3430

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Klutch clients.

LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers
John Wall, Washington Wizards
Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
Tristan Thompson, Cleveland Cavaliers
J.R. Smith, Cleveland Cavaliers
Eric Bledsoe, Milwaukee Bucks
Norris Cole, Maccabi Tel Aviv B.C.
Cory Joseph, Indiana Pacers
Trey Lyles, Denver Nuggets
Ben McLemore, Sacramento Kings
Kosta Koufos, Sacramento Kings
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Los Angeles Lakers
Montrezl Harrell, Los Angeles Clippers
Ben Simmons, Philadelphia 76ers
Dejounte Murray, San Antonio Spurs
Shabazz Muhammad, Shanxi Brave Dragons
Terrance Ferguson, Oklahoma City Thunder
Nerlens Noel, Oklahoma City Thunder
Miles Bridges, Charlotte Hornets
Marcus Morris, Boston Celtics
Markieff Morris, Washington Wizards
Darius Bazley


Not complete without one Kyle Kuzma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36538
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


but the coaches didn't, they voted for DLo over Butler....so yeah, he is an All Star.


Adam Silver chose him as a replacement.

#facts

Quote:
Currently in his fourth NBA season, Russell is a first-time All-Star and was selected by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to replace injured Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo.


he chose him because he was next in the coaches voting, which is the same thing Silver has did since he has been commissioner.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PHILosophize
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2012
Posts: 9483

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


but the coaches didn't, they voted for DLo over Butler....so yeah, he is an All Star.


Adam Silver chose him as a replacement.

#facts

Quote:
Currently in his fourth NBA season, Russell is a first-time All-Star and was selected by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to replace injured Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo.


he chose him because he was next in the coaches voting, which is the same thing Silver has did since he has been commissioner.


that makes a lot of sense actually

I'm sure the coaches are not a fan of what jimmy pulled in minny
_________________
one dog goes that way the other dog goes the other way
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36538
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


but the coaches didn't, they voted for DLo over Butler....so yeah, he is an All Star.


Adam Silver chose him as a replacement.

#facts

Quote:
Currently in his fourth NBA season, Russell is a first-time All-Star and was selected by NBA Commissioner Adam Silver to replace injured Indiana Pacers guard Victor Oladipo.


he chose him because he was next in the coaches voting, which is the same thing Silver has did since he has been commissioner.


that makes a lot of sense actually

I'm sure the coaches are not a fan of what jimmy pulled in minny


that is Silver's standard practice....he is not going to have it on him picking one player over another.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36538
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Klutch has some very big misses....Nerlens Noel and KCP both rejected rich offers and have yet to come close to making up the money offered. It seems almost criminal that Rich Paul told Noel he would only take him on as a client if he accepted the QO.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104091

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


An all-star is not an all-star?

Who cares if he is a replacement. The coaches/NBA selected him as an all-star reserve.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 28226

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


An all-star is not an all-star?

Who cares if he is a replacement. The coaches/NBA selected him as an all-star reserve.



The problem is using the term "all star" as some kind of definitive standard that signifies a player is significantly better than most of the guys in the league.

Lebron, Durant and Curry are all stars.

But so were Mehmet Okur, Kyle Korver, Roy Hibbert, and Jamaal Magloire.

So some pretty average players have made an-star team.

Heck, when we signed Luel Deng he was only four years removed from making an all-star team, so I always roll my eyes a little when people measure players by whether they were all stars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104091

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
DLo is not an All-Star.

He is a replacement.

I'd take Jimmy Butler from a pure basketball perspective.


An all-star is not an all-star?

Who cares if he is a replacement. The coaches/NBA selected him as an all-star reserve.



The problem is using the term "all star" as some kind of definitive standard that signifies a player is significantly better than most of the guys in the league.

Lebron, Durant and Curry are all stars.

But so were Mehmet Okur, Kyle Korver, Roy Hibbert, and Jamaal Magloire.

So some pretty average players have made an-star team.

Heck, when we signed Luel Deng he was only four years removed from making an all-star team, so I always roll my eyes a little when people measure players by whether they were all stars.


So they’re all NBA players then. I put a bit more stock in all nba teams than all stars. But to say someone isn’t an all star bc they’re a reserve pick is asinine.
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Jul 2004
Posts: 3358
Location: Mukdahan, Thailand

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:09 pm    Post subject:

For a little perspective here the Lakers FO in Magic unprofessionally trashed Mintz client Russell on the way out the door unnecessarily. Then tampered with Mintz about George later that same summer. When the league investigators came calling and wanted to speak with Mintz about the issue it was apparently Mintz who dropped the dime on Pelinka. I am sure the Lakers expected him to remain silent (putting his future as an agent on the line in the NBA.) Well maybe he would have remained silent if the Lakers had acted professionally with his client Russell. But they didn't.

Just a few months later you find the Lakers burying Randle on the bench attempting to tank his upcoming contract value and refusing a reasonable extension that could have probably been moved fairly easily. Is it any surprise Mintz didn't try to steer Paul George to the Lakers?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB