LeBron James, LA Lakers Are Officially Long Shots to Make the Playoffs

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: LeBron James, LA Lakers Are Officially Long Shots to Make the Playoffs

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport LeBron James, LA Lakers Are Officially Long Shots to Make the Playoffs - but if they sweep the Clippers and Kings, and actually start playing defense, they have plenty of time to climb back in https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2820625-lebron-james-la-lakers-are-officially-long-shots-to-make-the-playoffs

Cheers

EP
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

What’s the point of making the playoff this season.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

Good article. I'm an eternal optimist when it comes to team sports, so I think we're making the playoffs. It's not going to be easy though. We have to start winning and now. We've played 2 games less than the Clippers and need to win both to move up to 2 wins behind them + the Kings. There are 25 games left in the season... 15 against teams who are above .500, and 10 against teams under .500, all of these games should be treated as finals IMO.
Threatt_Level
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:

If we can't make the playoffs over the Kings with LeBron on the roster, then why would a FA want to sign here? Our "young core" would be officially be trash.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I chalk this season up to injuries. You can't have three of your best five players out for weeks or months.

Having said that... Magic didn't do the team any favors by making highly questionable moves... such as trading DLO before he had to, picking Lonzo ahead of Tatum, Fox and Mitchell (I can forgive not selecting Mitchell but Tatum and Fox???!!!), letting Randle walk for nothing and now trading Zubac (21 year old blossoming 7 footer who blocks, scores, rebounds and hits over 80% from the FT line) for a freaking journeyman hitting 34% from the 3pt line (something Mo Wagner will surpass by next year).

Magic is only interested in the home run ball, the easy fix. The problem is... that easy fix is not so easy when every team in the league wants to sabotage the Lakers. The Lakers need someone calling the shots who knows how to actually put in the work and BUILD a team.

LeBron was a gift to Magic... yes he deserves credit... but I have little doubt that LeBron wanted the Lakers and would have come unless someone absolutely screwed up the meeting he had planned.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:

If the Lakers can make the playoffs... and get to the 2nd Rd... it will help instill confidence in the young players, give experience to the young players, help a little in recruiting top free agents who would like to be seen as THE PIECE that made the Lakers a Championship team, give the FO more time to evaluate the young players and what happens to their game when the team makes the playoffs (who wilts and who shows up), etc.

There are good reasons to make the playoffs.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:

LeBron was a gift to Magic... yes he deserves credit... but I have little doubt that LeBron wanted the Lakers and would have come unless someone absolutely screwed up the meeting he had planned.

I don't believe there's any chance Lebron signs with Mitch and Jim Buss running the show.

Kobe apparently knew what it would take. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kobe-bryant-urged-jeanie-buss-clean-lakers-house-lure-lebron-james-232113158.html
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject:

ducasse2 wrote:
M2K wrote:

I don't believe there's any chance Lebron signs with Mitch and Jim Buss running the show.

Kobe apparently knew what it would take. https://sports.yahoo.com/report-kobe-bryant-urged-jeanie-buss-clean-lakers-house-lure-lebron-james-232113158.html

Maybe not Jimbo/Mitch but any other GM would have been fine.
LeBron Stan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook says we have a 50/50 shot of making the playoffs that doesn't sound like a long shot to me.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject:

LeBron Stan wrote:
Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook says we have a 50/50 shot of making the playoffs that doesn't sound like a long shot to me.

story never reflects the headlines...Eric has no control over it...didn't read this article because of it
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: