Magic to have meeting with team about AD saga
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18610

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:
Magic Johnson is in Philly, and spent time having 1-on-1 convos with players. He also spoke moments ago (airing on
@SpectrumSN
coming up), with a general message that the players are professionals, and he expects them to move on post deadline, and focus on winning games.

https://twitter.com/LakersReporter/status/1094680854536818688


The front office is just not professionals.


What do you expect from a FO that bails when the going gets tough

https://twitter.com/DimeUPROXX/status/1094733490686386176


I'll be shocked if him running away like that doesn't become a meme of some type.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 17761

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

So that is from access pregame? Is the whole conference/interview online anywhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 5305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Come on, this IS a business. If you and I don't do well at our jobs then we're getting canned. It's unfortunate if their feelings were hurt by the trade deadline, but what did they expect?


Keep a terrible coach, don't develop the young players you drafted with a bad coaching staff and no shooting coach in two years, throw all of them in a deal for AD when they are in the 2nd or third year with the aforementioned development issues hoping NO would somehow accept the offer after pissing them off with tampering/agent pressure just like FO did with Indiana. Great job they have done.

Actually, such inept management would get fired by the owner in a company first. Magic running FO just like his assessment of talent through Twitter.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 12442

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Mike Conley said he lost sleep over the trade speculation/rumors. Clearly affected his play on the court: https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/mike-conley-unable-sleep-trade-rumors/483914

It happens to the best of them, even if fans don't want to believe it. Some of that stuff is subconscious and players value security/stability.

As far as I'm concerned, the damage has been done, but that doesn't mean the situation isn't redeemable. As with all things, time and winning will heal *some* of the wounds. Yes, it's a business, but organizations also have to make the players feel wanted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36515
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

malcolm wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but . . .

** individual players can negotiate a no-trade clause

** players as a union can negotiate no-trade clauses

It's an exchange, and if players choose money over no-trade
clauses . . . then no sympathy from me if they get traded.




players cannot negotiate a no-trade clause unless they have been in the league for 8 years and on the team for 4 years. Nobody on this roster qualifies.
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18610

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 5305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
@taniaganguli

JaVale McGee was asked how he felt about what Magic said.

"I felt good. How am I supposed to answer that? How did I feel? Tingly inside? I don’t know."

Was it productive?

"Yeah, I got so much out of it. It’s crazy. (deep exhale) I don’t get what you’re trying to ask.


Thought vets have been traded many times and should be OK with the way Magic went about things. He was signed by Magic too.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 5305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


Mitch was good with trades. He was secretive and other FOs respected him. He couldn't land any FA and was forced to sign Deng/Moz due to Jim's stupid timeline. I am not sure Magic is a winner with FAs either. PG 13 refused a meeting and let's see whether he can get another FA this summer. Bron had already decided to come so only thing Magic had to do was not blow it in the meeting. Although he constructed a terrible roster around him with non shooters/volatile vets.

Jeannie should have kept Mitch and made West the VP rather than hiring a guy who has the attitude "I am Magic and I get what I want" to rival FOs. And a horrible judge of talent where as West is a master at judging talent.
_________________
Showtime 2.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9664
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:32 pm    Post subject:

How many years has Magic run the FO for the Lakers? What is it? Like 10 years?? Yeah, he should know much better about these things, maybe if he was a rookie he could get some slack from his fans, but what has he done for us lately??


_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Apr 2014
Posts: 11892

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


Mitch was good with trades. He was secretive and other FOs respected him. He couldn't land any FA and was forced to sign Deng/Moz due to Jim's stupid timeline. I am not sure Magic is a winner with FAs either. PG 13 refused a meeting and let's see whether he can get another FA this summer. Bron had already decided to come so only thing Magic had to do was not blow it in the meeting. Although he constructed a terrible roster around him with non shooters/volatile vets.

Jeannie should have kept Mitch and made West the VP rather than hiring a guy who has the attitude "I am Magic and I get what I want" to rival FOs. And a horrible judge of talent where as West is a master at judging talent.


Lakers are gonna be a joke for awhile until Jeannie disappears like Jimbo
All those years around the franchise and she virtually knows nothing about BBall
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TMG
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2019
Posts: 2007

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


Mitch was good with trades. He was secretive and other FOs respected him. He couldn't land any FA and was forced to sign Deng/Moz due to Jim's stupid timeline. I am not sure Magic is a winner with FAs either. PG 13 refused a meeting and let's see whether he can get another FA this summer. Bron had already decided to come so only thing Magic had to do was not blow it in the meeting. Although he constructed a terrible roster around him with non shooters/volatile vets.

Jeannie should have kept Mitch and made West the VP rather than hiring a guy who has the attitude "I am Magic and I get what I want" to rival FOs. And a horrible judge of talent where as West is a master at judging talent.


This post x1000 Magic has no business being in the position he is in now..Franchises who feel obligated to give a Legend of this franchise such an important role is a surefire way to taint ones legacy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2018
Posts: 743

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


Comparing what they did to Blake with what happened with our youth is a little silly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 1521

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
How many years has Magic run the FO for the Lakers? What is it? Like 10 years?? Yeah, he should know much better about these things, maybe if he was a rookie he could get some slack from his fans, but what has he done for us lately??



If he surrounded himself with the "right people" like he claimed Jim Buss should have done then maybe people would have cut him some slack.

Not hiring someone like West essentially placed a target on his back, especially when he continues to make stupid mistakes in all areas besides signing Lebron James.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9664
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

This crowd has their collective heads where the sun don't shine. Giving Magic this much grief this quick is utter BS. Saying he needs to work on his approach is one thing, but roasting him alive and asking for his head makes you all losers to me.

Magic has earned the right to make a few mistakes, he just needs to learn from his mistakes.

I am going to give him that chance.
_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 5305

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
How many years has Magic run the FO for the Lakers? What is it? Like 10 years?? Yeah, he should know much better about these things, maybe if he was a rookie he could get some slack from his fans, but what has he done for us lately??



Sean Marks was a rookie and turned the Billy King mess at Nets without any lottery picks. Even casuals could see adding Lance, Beasley etc around Bron instead of shooters was a dumb idea. That's not even setting high expectations around Maginka. I dunno what Pelinka is doing apart from telling boring stories. Magic probably has no time to keep up with players of all 30 teams and evaluate role players, but Pelinka should be doing what Marks did and get value players like Joe Harris, Dinwiddie rather than vets who can't shoot and has attitude issues. Maybe he's clueless or maybe Magic decides how to build a roster without deeply evaluating all the available role players. With Pelinka being just a puppet.
_________________
Showtime 2.0


Last edited by saetarubia on Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 22654

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Eh, Magic still has a shot at redemption this summer. This debacle raised the degree of difficulty, though. Right now, we look like a mess. We need to find a way to sneak into the playoffs, or else Magic is going to be making a sales pitch to free agents while getting mocked by the media and attacked by a sizable portion of the fanbase. I may not like the way Magic has handled things, but I sure don't want to see him crash and burn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7705
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
drae wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
drae wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
It was interesting watching the Boston game. I noticed guys who didn't seem to want to defer to Lebron (Ingram and Kuzma) just for the sake of it, and they were decisively and unapologetically putting up shots. Good or bad, real or imagined, that's what they need to do for their own growth to not be dependent on anyone else.

Meantime, I wouldn't trust mgmt or Lebron if I was any of them. They're all pawns.

I know someone else already proposed it, but I'd have been perfectly happy trading Lebron for Davis, straight up. I think THAT would be a really good team, better than if they traded the youngsters away.


That’s stupid. That’ll ensure no big free agents will ever sign with us for the next 20 years. We’ll be marked as the team who traded Lebron, regardless of good move or not. Players all love Lebron growing up. He’s their idol. Look how AD’s dad view the Celtics for trading IT. It’ll be a PR nightmare.


That's not the only reason it's stupid. AD wants to come to a championship contender and without Lebron this team isn't a championship contender, even with AD. Which means he walks in 2020 and the Lakers are stuck with nothing.
Your imo, flawed opinion is that they can't win with Davis and the core. They stomped the Warriors when he was injured, and they were doing the same to Houston before Lonzo and even Kuzma were injured. With Lebron, they're better, but with Davis and a pretty good team D, they'd be even better.

There's no way you can convince me that collectively the Kuzma's 20+, Ingram offense and D, Lonzo's top level D, Hart's play when not injured, not to mention1st rd picks, and Rondo and whatever names they threw in, are not more valuable than Lebron. And they will be better next year. Their collective length gives everyone problems inside and out.

You keep believing Lebron, Davis, Channing Frye, Mike Miller, and Delivadova and some guys off waivers, has a better chance than our guys. That's what it takes to make AD happy as he watches Lebron get old? He wouldn't rethink his options and start looking across the Staples Center hallway before committing long term, especially since you gave away future picks too? You keep dreaming.

Your thinking is flawed because your viewpoint of the young players isn't what they will be next year, and you conveniently fail to mention they would still try to attract free agents THIS summer. Add AD with f/a of your choice to this team that gives the Warriors fits, and there's no way you can tell me they have no chance to win. But keep believing it, because Barkley told you it was true.


AD has never carried a team to anything, and last year they made the playoffs in large part due to Rondo. AD has also never been able to attract big name stars to his team.

When they stomped the Warriors it wasn't due to the young core stepping up. And like I said before, the Rockets were down 2 of their big 3.
AD wouldn't be expected to carry that squad. He'd be a good player on good team of capable players along with possibly another f/a.

We all watched the xmas game and I still have it recorded. Nothing you tell me is going to change what saw.

I don't feel sorry for the Rockets. 2 of their best were missing, and the same was true of our squad that was stomping them...before we got 2 more injuries. Our young team was beating 50 ppg Harden, badly.


If you have the Christmas game recorded, why were you stating falsehoods about that game? You've watched it multiple times, then you should know when Lebron went out the game wasn't close.

We have more depth than the Rockets because Chris Paul is on 40 million dollars a year. If you want to say "Yay, our young core can match up with Harden + scrubs" then that's good, I guess?

I get it...you have no intention of admitting our team is good for reasons that don't always include Lebron. Spin it how you like. If both teams were at full strength, I still like our chances. No mention or acknowledgment that Kuzma was on his way to 50 or more, conveniently. It sounds like you'll only credit the Lakers if they were the only team short handed in that game, or not. You don't have to value them like I do, but I don't accept being called stupid because you value Lebron over virtually most of his teammates collectively. That's where showed me you don't consider all the facts.

I spoke based on memory of the Christmas game. I didn't rewatch it, but easily could (no need). On 2nd thought, I believe the lead was 12 when Lebron left. Sure I admit I forgot exact details, but because they lost the lead after he left is why you can't claim Lebron had anything to do with the lead growing again, and there's no logic to get around that.


I think our youngsters are good, but I'm not disillusioned to think our young core can match up to 5 all stars once they get serious.

You do know that when they faced Harden they incorporated Pippen's plan exactly to contain Harden right? He was on TV a couple of days before and said I'd contain Harden by guarding him behind his left shoulder and force him to drive into the center. The Lakers implemented that plan exactly, with KCP managing it some of the time. But of course it was our talented youngsters and not Pippen's defensive genius.

I didn't claim Lebron was the reason the lead grew again, I said the Lakers won that game because of Lebron and Rondo.

During Lebron's time in the game, he got them a 5 point lead in 21 minutes of a 27 point blowout, but he's the reason. Check.

You're incredible. Now Scottie Pippen was the reason they were ahead in the Rockets game. It wasn't them actually executing the game plan with players capable of doing it. I've been saying the same thing forever about Harden...force him to his right and take away his ability to cross over and go both directions, stay in his face without jumping, and then race to the basket beside him. I've been doing that when I play for the last 15 years. Maybe Pippen read my posts and I'm the only reason Harden was slowed down. Clearly I'm a genius and should get some of Luke's check. Anyone could have played that type of good defense, because it's about the strategy and not the length, quickness and athletic ability of the defenders.

And the Warriors lost because they weren't serious. So why did they ALMOST lose at least 3, if not 4 games when the Lakers weren't as good last year? You're good. You've got excuses for everything. The gimmicks beat the Warriors, not the players. I guess you don't notice the difficulty Durant seems to have against Ingram.

And speaking of reinventing, Iguodala was their 1 player who shot extremely well that game. You said the gimmicky defense worked because Draymond and Iggy are in decline. Iggy absolutely was not the reason the defense worked. Go back and check the facts.


Once again you are peddling falsehoods. Lebron left with 8 minutes left in the 3rd when the score was Lakers 71 - 57. So Lebron left the Lakers with a 14 point lead. You want me to take a screenshot of it?

Your knowledge is clearly lacking so this is where I get off. Lebron was a + 5 in the game, meaning exactly what I said is true. While he was on the court, the Lakers outscored the Warriors by 5 points. Yet you argue that I'm reinventing facts. Feel free to learn what +/- stats represent and then waste someone else's time. Buh bye.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 12356
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh, Magic still has a shot at redemption this summer. This debacle raised the degree of difficulty, though. Right now, we look like a mess. We need to find a way to sneak into the playoffs, or else Magic is going to be making a sales pitch to free agents while getting mocked by the media and attacked by a sizable portion of the fanbase. I may not like the way Magic has handled things, but I sure don't want to see him crash and burn.


Agreed. Hopefully the FO can come back strong in the off season.

IMO , there is a damned if you or don't with the play off's. If we miss the PO's obviously trolling will be heavy. But if we make the PO's we will get
bounced early because we don't have a strong team; we're crappy at 3's most of the time, crappy at FT's most of the time and inconsistent on D, yeah, we won't last against the better teams. So IF and when we get bounced, all hell will break loose because some people really think this is a good team, and it's not.
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2006
Posts: 10111
Location: L.A County, 26 miles away from Staples Center

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Eh, Magic still has a shot at redemption this summer. This debacle raised the degree of difficulty, though. Right now, we look like a mess. We need to find a way to sneak into the playoffs, or else Magic is going to be making a sales pitch to free agents while getting mocked by the media and attacked by a sizable portion of the fanbase. I may not like the way Magic has handled things, but I sure don't want to see him crash and burn.


This.


In Magic I still Trust.


https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yLmWdcQwtZI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Posts: 7544

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


It was ugly the way the whole AD saga played out through the media, and Magic's mistake was not withdrawing from those negotiations sooner once he recognized the Pels were clearing (bleep) around with him. That being said, the Pels or Klutch did us dirty by releasing specific trade offers (if if it was really one of them, which is most likely the case), and I don't THINK that part can be blamed on Magic. Also, as far as I know, he never promised these kids that they were Lakers for life and the situation is completely different from a Clippers' team that specifically used that line in their pitch to get Blake to re-sign.

I don't know - I'm completely against this FO's approach to team-building and their asset management + ability to keep things close to the vest, but this time it looks like they just got caught in a pissing match between Klutch and the Pels.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9664
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


It was ugly the way the whole AD saga played out through the media, and Magic's mistake was not withdrawing from those negotiations sooner once he recognized the Pels were clearing (bleep) around with him. That being said, the Pels or Klutch did us dirty by releasing specific trade offers (if if it was really one of them, which is most likely the case), and I don't THINK that part can be blamed on Magic. Also, as far as I know, he never promised these kids that they were Lakers for life and the situation is completely different from a Clippers' team that specifically used that line in their pitch to get Blake to re-sign.

I don't know - I'm completely against this FO's approach to team-building and their asset management + ability to keep things close to the vest, but this time it looks like they just got caught in a pissing match between Klutch and the Pels.


FWIW, Magic was trained by Jerry Buss and Jerry Buss ALWAYS went after the best players out there. He kind of lucked out coming here when Kareem was already here but he over ruled Jerry West and brought in Magic to work with him. Afterwards, he was the one who told West to go get Shaq. And was smart enough to trade Divac for Kobe, not an easy thing to do and one which West had to convince him of and did. Bottom line is go after the difference makers and worry about the rest later. Magic did the right thing, the fact that he got screwed in the deal by a vindictive NOH FO should NOT make you hate Magic, it should make you hate NO.

My only complaint with Magic is that he has been too open and trusting in the process. I bet he won't be going forward. He had to learn about the vindictive nature of the league. He may have thought people were going to treat him better, considering all that he has done for the league, but he has learned otherwise. I do believe he is learning and will get better at all this.

First year man, he was bound to make some errors. Don't think he could predict the BS nature of NO's reaction. They suck, remember it and boo the crap out of them every time we play them!!!
_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2006
Posts: 7705
Location: Left coast

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Yellow wrote:

LeBron aside, Jrue Holiday is far better than anybody on our roster. Mirotic and Randle are better than anybody on the roster.
Mirotic is gone.

Randle better than Kuzma because he gets more boards? I like Randle, but I don't think so.

Kuzma would be a legit scorer on any team. He's a huge problem for any defense, scoring 20 on a quiet night. He's starting to torch teams, and probably will do it plenty more. He's better than Jrue and I wouldn't trade them straight up, so no I don't agree about your assessment. If what you say is true, NO has a terrible coach, because 4 of their players were better than ours.

You say Lakers fans over value their players. Have you noticed announcers on all the national telecasts giving Kuzma props? Have you noticed chants of Kuuuzz whenever he gets going....on the road? People outside of LA are watching.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 3937

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
How many years has Magic run the FO for the Lakers? What is it? Like 10 years?? Yeah, he should know much better about these things, maybe if he was a rookie he could get some slack from his fans, but what has he done for us lately??



Keep in mind how Magic came into his current position.

Magic kept publicly trashing the previous front office and the players they drafted. Then once he forced the previous front office out he started making huge promises about putting the Lakers into title contention again and bringing back respectability. I also recall something about there no longer being any leaks to the media.

Magic downright trashed the previous regime and now he's running into the same obstacles they did but is only doing slightly better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2011
Posts: 3937

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Yellow wrote:

LeBron aside, Jrue Holiday is far better than anybody on our roster. Mirotic and Randle are better than anybody on the roster.
Mirotic is gone.

Randle better than Kuzma because he gets more boards? I like Randle, but I don't think so.

Kuzma would be a legit scorer on any team. He's a huge problem for any defense, scoring 20 on a quiet night. He's starting to torch teams, and probably will do it plenty more. He's better than Jrue and I wouldn't trade them straight up, so no I don't agree about your assessment. If what you say is true, NO has a terrible coach, because 4 of their players were better than ours.

You say Lakers fans over value their players. Have you noticed announcers on all the national telecasts giving Kuzma props? Have you noticed chants of Kuuuzz whenever he gets going....on the road? People outside of LA are watching.


Randle is a better rebounder, playmaker, and defender than Kuzma. Randle can also consistently create his own shot.

Kuzma can get buckets........and that's about it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 3209

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
It's amazing how all the Lakers fans were calling the Clippers a classless organization for telling Blake Griffin they wanted him to be a Clipper for Life, and selling their belief in him, only to trade him halfway through the season behind his back and laugh at him not wanting a thing to do with a handshake from Ballmer this year.

But Magic gets a pass.


It was ugly the way the whole AD saga played out through the media, and Magic's mistake was not withdrawing from those negotiations sooner once he recognized the Pels were clearing (bleep) around with him. That being said, the Pels or Klutch did us dirty by releasing specific trade offers (if if it was really one of them, which is most likely the case), and I don't THINK that part can be blamed on Magic. Also, as far as I know, he never promised these kids that they were Lakers for life and the situation is completely different from a Clippers' team that specifically used that line in their pitch to get Blake to re-sign.

I don't know - I'm completely against this FO's approach to team-building and their asset management + ability to keep things close to the vest, but this time it looks like they just got caught in a pissing match between Klutch and the Pels.


I think it is Magic that leaks because he can't keep his mouth shut about anything and makes everything about him. We need to rid ourselves of Magic, Rob, and Jeanie before they make this franchise more of a joke than it is looking now. This is what fans wanted though. They followed the media that painted Magic and Jeanie as saints, and Jim as the devil, while Mitch was guilty by association. It's not about the franchise, it's all about magic and Jeanie's emotions. None of them know how to run a franchise or a team and they hired someone with less knowledge in Rob. They didn't wanna keep Mitch so he could help them. Didn't hire Jerry West because Jeanie is holding a grudge and Magic wants to make it all about him.

It's a business, but Luke still has his coaching job. Had 3 years and has yet to show any significant improvement in his coaching ability. Optimistic fans keep reverting to how good the team is, when we can see coaching no matter how good the team is. It's actually better to see it, when we don't have that good of a team. We were willing to trade the whole team, but don't wanna get rid of 1 coach. It's said because of Jeanie he has not been fired and I believe it.

I don't know. I'm being turned off from watching Laker games, until I see some significant changes in the FO. Dr. Buss is rolling in his grave. Hopefully Jerry West will purchase the franchise in the next year or Jim Buss will make an abrupt return, cancelling everyone. Lol wishful thinking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB