Pelinka:Teams Should Fear LA in 7-Game Playoff Series
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Playoff LBJ/Rondo, healthy young core, some new shooting from Bullock, etc.

Yes, aside from the Warriors, I think we can make some noise in the playoffs.

Problem is, we have to avoid the Warriors in round 1.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

Yep. We have no chance against GSW. I'm also personally fairly worried about Denver if only because we looked awful in their building this year and they'd obviously have home court. But I certainly wouldn't count us out in that series. Any other team I'd like our chances. This is all assuming full health including Lonzo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
Yep. We have no chance against GSW. I'm also personally fairly worried about Denver if only because we looked awful in their building this year and they'd obviously have home court. But I certainly wouldn't count us out in that series. Any other team I'd like our chances. This is all assuming full health including Lonzo.

At least with Denver, we'd have a few days to be in Denver during the playoffs to acclimate to the altitude.

Denver benefits from teams coming into Denver after a late night game on a back to back or 4 games in 5 days scenarios.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

A 100% healthy team?
I feel the Lakers have a great chance.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:22 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
A 100% healthy team?

Lonzo/Rondo
BI/KCP/Hart
LBJ/Bullock/Lance
Kuz/LBJ/Mo
JaV/Muscala/Tyson

That's going to be a tough out in the 1st round. LBJ put up 34/9/9 last playoffs in over 21 games. Very few teams can withstand that kind of onslaught. And Rondo seems to step his game up in the playoffs as well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Get in first.

If they do make it, I wouldn’t bet against a team that has Lebron. Last season’s Cavs are a perfect example.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
epak wrote:
A 100% healthy team?

Lonzo/Rondo
BI/KCP/Hart
LBJ/Bullock/Lance
Kuz/LBJ/Mo
JaV/Muscala/Tyson

That's going to be a tough out in the 1st round. LBJ put up 34/9/9 last playoffs in over 21 games. Very few teams can withstand that kind of onslaught. And Rondo seems to step his game up in the playoffs as well.

I'm particularly interested in how the secondary lineup does with more shooters surrounding Rondo and Bron. Bullock and Muscala should open up the driving lanes for Rondo and Bron. Lance has also been shooting very well this year.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

If we can add another shooter (Wayne Ellington), we could have consistent shooters in all lineup variations. Not sure he would want to join with a massive logjam at SG right now though.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject:

We are ina 27 game playoff series at this point where we need to win just about 2 of 3 the rest of the way.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
I’ve said it all along, just get the 7th seed and we will make it to West Finals. If we get 8 we are screwed
NOt if everyone is healthy, we're not screwed.

because our young guys have never been in the nba playoffs we have no idea what they may do. they may play like its a normal part of the season and be inconsistent. they may wilt under the pressure and all of their good stats take a dive. OR....Just maybe we find out they are super clutch and they live for big moments and they turn it all the way up (they all have enough room to do that with their talents that we see).
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
We are ina 27 game playoff series at this point where we need to win just about 2 of 3 the rest of the way.
oh well. if we can't pull that off we aint ready anyway HOF. Think about that. But if we do...Uh OH... we're rolling.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Shhhhh, let's just let our play do the talking. We're not good enough to be talking just yet.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
AllorNothing wrote:
ITs going to be next to impossible to knock off the Spurs out of that 7th seed.

Spurs have temporarily dropped to 7th tonight after a 3 game losing streak, but I think Jazz will be below them. A strong run will put us above the Jazz at 7th.

I think we will need to win 19 more games about 47 in total to be right in the hunt for the 6th spot, a fight with the Spurs and Jazz. 6 to 8 spot "should" be possible. But playing real well a 19-8 finish should make us quite a handful come playoff time, I think without injuries and so many lost close games this season, we would be right there within range of the Warriors and Nuggets, but should/would /could is never a real excuse...
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Most likely path for success is us getting to 8 and Denver getting 1.

And he's right, no one desires to play a healthy Lakers team in the play-offs. We ran roughshod over GSW on Christmas Day (and were #4 in the West), and our goal is to get back to that level of play by April

Sadly, I have my doubts that Lonzo will get healthy and get his game back by then, and he's needed.
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Get in first.

If they do make it, I wouldn’t bet against a team that has Lebron. Last season’s Cavs are a perfect example.

When we were struggling early in that game last night, and Lebron was looking extremely mortal, I started thinking, "Last time Lebron was here, he was almost single-handedly dragging the Cavs to a Game 7 victory over the Celtics. A lot has changed."

Then he, and the team, woke up and stole that game.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

At least with Denver, we'd have a few days to be in Denver during the playoffs to acclimate to the altitude.

Denver benefits from teams coming into Denver after a late night game on a back to back or 4 games in 5 days scenarios.

From last couple of years I have seen we play teams like Denver and Utah mostly on a back of b2b.

I m not scared about anybody but gsw
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

From last couple of years I have seen we play teams like Denver and Utah mostly on a back of b2b.

I m not scared about anybody but gsw

IIRC, the Denver airport is like 45 minutes from the arena too?

So teams fly in late (getting in 2-3 in the morning after the game), then have to travel to the hotel another 45 minutes. So you're not getting into bed after a game night until 4-5 in the morning.

That's almost a guaranteed loss.

It's the dreaded Denver B2B game.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

UKUGA wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Get in first.

When we were struggling early in that game last night, and Lebron was looking extremely mortal, I started thinking, "Last time Lebron was here, he was almost single-handedly dragging the Cavs to a Game 7 victory over the Celtics. A lot has changed."

Then he, and the team, woke up and stole that game.

No doubt, with Lebron and a healthy team they can compete with anyone and beat anyone in a 7 game series outside of GSW.

There are 2 factors in play:

1. Can they stay healthy?
2. Are there enough games? Margin for error is so thin from all the losing when Lebron was out and the schedule is tough.

45 wins might do it. 17-10 might get it done now that the Clippers have punted. Sac will not go away though.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

It's understandable that Pelinka would try to do some spin doctoring, but I'm not buying it. I don't think anyone would fear us in a seven game series. We are far too inconsistent. It's almost guaranteed that there would be one game like last night or Christmas Day. But I don't think anyone would be worried about us doing it four times in seven games.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
It's understandable that Pelinka would try to do some spin doctoring, but I'm not buying it. I don't think anyone would fear us in a seven game series. We are far too inconsistent. It's almost guaranteed that there would be one game like last night or Christmas Day. But I don't think anyone would be worried about us doing it four times in seven games.

Disagree. Besides the Warrior, we are likely a competitive series against any other WC simply b/c we have LBJ. He put up 34/9/9 in 20+ playoff games with a hobbled Love and nothing much else.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:01 am    Post subject:

Pomposity looks bad on a struggling club.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
lakid
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I don't know why but Denver has kind of owned us the last few seasons. Murray always lights us up
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I don't know why but Denver has kind of owned us the last few seasons. Murray always lights us up

When we play a road game on Denver during the regular season, it's a scheduled loss. Travel makes it so difficult to win in Denver IMO during the regular season. Playoffs? Not as crazy.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Disagree. Besides the Warrior, we are likely a competitive series against any other WC simply b/c we have LBJ. He put up 34/9/9 in 20+ playoff games with a hobbled Love and nothing much else.

We're not even in the playoffs at the moment.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

Not what Rob said...did anyone watch the interview with Bres?

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: