If we make the playoffs and make a deep run, are you willing to give the core a reprieve from trade talks?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If we make the playoffs and have a good run... are you willing to give the core a reprieve from trade talks?
Yes, keep them
51%
 51%  [ 23 ]
No, I still want AD even at the cost of the core.
48%
 48%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 45

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Bad poll design.

I’d be open to moving maybe one of them or more depending on who is available. The only yes option requires me to pick AD.

True or Not, You are definitely the Poll Keeper of LG!
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Forgive me for thinking a bunch of dudes who lost at home to the tanking Cavs and Knicks going deep in the Western Conference playoffs is friggin hilarious, but sure why not.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Now the plan should be sign Kyrie (or KL/KD/Klay) and trade BI and Kuz for AD or Beal. If they’re not interested then roll with the youngsters and sign AD in 2020. I’d keep Zo out of trade talks if we sign Kyrie. We’ll need his defense and unselfishness

You would trade Ingram and Kuz for Beal?

And you think you can trade for AD with just Kuz and Ingram? When they wouldn't take a higher package previously..

I don't think NOP is serious about trading with us which is why I would give them a max low ball offer of Kuz and BI + 2 picks. Let them come begging back with a real counter if they're serious. As for Beal, that's a very fair trade when you include a 1st and 2 2nds.

Just seems pointless, they made it clear they don't want to do business with us. And even if they did, they aren't going to take less than what was offered initially.

I also wouldn't trade Ingram and Kuz for Beal..

People are going to feel a lot different about those two if they make it to the playoffs. Ingram is trending in the right direction, averaging over 20PPG and shooting over 50% from the field as of late. When Kuz get's healthy we'll be seeing those intermittent scoring explosions with a consistent 18 to 20 points per.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Now the plan should be sign Kyrie (or KL/KD/Klay) and trade BI and Kuz for AD or Beal. If they’re not interested then roll with the youngsters and sign AD in 2020. I’d keep Zo out of trade talks if we sign Kyrie. We’ll need his defense and unselfishness

And you think you can trade for AD with just Kuz and Ingram? When they wouldn't take a higher package previously..

I don't think NOP is serious about trading with us which is why I would give them a max low ball offer of Kuz and BI + 2 picks. Let them come begging back with a real counter if they're serious. As for Beal, that's a very fair trade when you include a 1st and 2 2nds.

Just seems pointless, they made it clear they don't want to do business with us. And even if they did, they aren't going to take less than what was offered initially.

People are going to feel a lot different about those two if they make it to the playoffs. Ingram is trending in the right direction, averaging over 20PPG and shooting over 50% from the field as of late. When Kuz get's healthy we'll be seeing those intermittent scoring explosions with a consistent 18 to 20 points per.

I should have known better than to engage a young core zealot. Nothing will ever be enough for you to let go of the precious core.
av3773
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

I think it depends on how the Lakers do in FA....and if they play that well it means we will have a trio of the "New Tatums" so god if that's what got the Pels and the league so excited...I guess the Bucks would give us greek freak, Pels AD and the celtics would give us, well Tatum
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

If we do make the play-offs then we need the likes of Ingram, Zo and Kuz to show out just like Tatum and company did last season.

Tatum even though is the better of the lot, really made people look up on the back of that unlikely play-off run with Kyrie out.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I should have known better than to engage a young core zealot. Nothing will ever be enough for you to let go of the precious core.

I think we've both learned something.. I learned you're the kind of poster that hurls insults if someone doesn't agree with you, which really isn't necessary. These exchanges don't have to devolve in that manner.

You act like what I said wasn't reasonable. Isn't it common sense that the Pels aren't interested? Explain the logic behind them not wanting Ball, Ingram, and Kuz.. With them being willing to accept just Ingram, and Kuz a few months later. It doesn't make sense.. Whether I want to keep them or not, it doesn't make sense.

If Lakers were to trade Ball, Ingram, and Kuz for AD I wouldn't complain, I'm no zealot. Though I would prefer keeping them and adding another star.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Forgive me for thinking a bunch of dudes who lost at home to the tanking Cavs and Knicks going deep in the Western Conference playoffs is friggin hilarious, but sure why not.

Any more hilarious than a superstar who has missed the playoffs 5 out of 7 times is?

At least our guys are still 21 and 23.

If they are 26 and never made the playoffs... sure you can call them pathetic.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Bad poll design.

I’d be open to moving maybe one of them or more depending on who is available. The only yes option requires me to pick AD.

Surveys/polls are a part of what I do so it drives me nuts when they aren’t done right. Haha.

If I was a copywriter, oh man, I’d probably faint!
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Bad poll design.

Surveys/polls are a part of what I do so it drives me nuts when they aren’t done right. Haha.

Badly constructed polls make me cringe too but i thought you were a lawyer
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Bad poll design.

Yeah, I slept like four hours because of this stupid trade deadline.

I knew it was half ass... but too tired to think it all the way through.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

If we somehow make the playoffs and make a deep run... what should be the front office's approach?

A. A trade for AD should still be the first priority
B. Signing another elite free agent while keeping the core intact.
C. Signing a combination of lesser agents while keeping the core
D. Signing one year rentals and signing AD in 2020
E. Trading part of the core for another elite agent plus other signings

Any other important options I forgot?

Still sleep deprived...
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Lol at deep run.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Any more hilarious than a superstar who has missed the playoffs 5 out of 7 times is?

It's too bad you aren't the GM of the Pelicans.
rogers49
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Which core?
We don't have any.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

What would it take for you to change your mind about the core?

Going 20 and 8...
Making the playoffs...
Winning a series...
Getting to the conference final

Where is the threshold where you'd start giving them some respect?

(assuming all are healthy, other than the Lonzo injury)
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Going 20 and 8...
Making the playoffs...
Winning a series...

I already respect them. I also like them. A lot. The people of Pittsburgh are sick of hearing me defend Lonzo Ball at every turn. I wanna see them succeed and I wanna see them do it in LA.

The fundemantal problem that you and I have here is that you see it as some kind of "disrespect" that people want to trade them for one of the best players in the game in his prime with a lot of good years left. It's not. At all.

Is it not safe to say that you are higher on the kids and lower on Anthony Davis than, say, most other people?
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

ZO+HART+INGRAM+KUZMA
Should all want to play at a high level so that they can make themselves invaluable, so that the Lakers won't want to trade them.

They have the tools and they have the potential. They just have to make it up in their mind and stop settling for mediocrity and entitlement...

If those kids can transform their games and make a run, believe me, they'll be worth way more to this organization!!!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:12 pm    Post subject:

if we make a deep playoff run and we can trade for AD this summer? hells yea, we do the trade, gonna be less people leaving to the other team tho
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Beir32 wrote:

Going 20 and 8...
Making the playoffs...
Winning a series...

I already respect them. I also like them. A lot. The people of Pittsburgh are sick of hearing me defend Lonzo Ball at every turn. I wanna see them succeed and I wanna see them do it in LA.

The fundemantal problem that you and I have here is that you see it as some kind of "disrespect" that people want to trade them for one of the best players in the game in his prime with a lot of good years left. It's not. At all.

Is it not safe to say that you are higher on the kids and lower on Anthony Davis than, say, most other people?

I truly only took issue with the sheer volume of assets.

It was embarrassing to see such bad bargaining.

Had we done just the Ball/BI/Kuz with picks... I wouldn't have loved it... but accepted it.

I really liked Zu and Svi so now I feel even more stingy with our assets.

At this point getting AD should only happen if no one will come.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: