If we make the playoffs and make a deep run, are you willing to give the core a reprieve from trade talks?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

If we make the playoffs and have a good run... are you willing to give the core a reprieve from trade talks?
Yes, keep them
51%
 51%  [ 23 ]
No, I still want AD even at the cost of the core.
48%
 48%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 45

Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: If we make the playoffs and make a deep run, are you willing to give the core a reprieve from trade talks?

If LBJ and the core, manage against difficult odds to make the playoffs and advance a few rounds... ( or at least give GSW a good fight)

Are you willing to change your stance on trading them?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Now the plan should be sign Kyrie (or KL/KD/Klay) and trade BI and Kuz for AD or Beal. If they’re not interested then roll with the youngsters and sign AD in 2020. I’d keep Zo out of trade talks if we sign Kyrie. We’ll need his defense and unselfishness
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Making the playoffs will be tough with a gimpy LeBron, Kuzma, Hart and an injured Lonzo
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

if we make a deep run...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Bad poll design.

I’d be open to moving maybe one of them or more depending on who is available. The only yes option requires me to pick AD.
VindicatioN
Star Player
Star Player

I've come to the conclusion that Sentient Meat has to be related to one of our young core. That's the only explanation for his constant beating of this same drum over and over and over and over and over.....
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Depends what happens this summer, if we don't get one of the big FA's then you have to go all in for AD.

LeBron with tier 2 stars ain't going to beat (bleep) in the NBA.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Juggernaut wrote:
Now the plan should be sign Kyrie (or KL/KD/Klay) and trade BI and Kuz for AD or Beal. If they’re not interested then roll with the youngsters and sign AD in 2020. I’d keep Zo out of trade talks if we sign Kyrie. We’ll need his defense and unselfishness

That is a reasonable plan.

I just don't want to see anything close to that horror trade scenario the past week.

We cannot win with AD and LBJ by themselves.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

VindicatioN wrote:
I've come to the conclusion that Sentient Meat has to be related to one of our young core. That's the only explanation for his constant beating of this same drum over and over and over and over and over.....

Except I just said I'd make a reasonable trade... and agreed to the one Juggernaut just suggested.

So go back to the drawing board...
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Bad poll design.

I’d be open to moving maybe one of them or more depending on who is available. The only yes option requires me to pick AD.

Yeah I thought I put in another option.

Feel free to redo it if you have time.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Playoffs? Playoffs?! Are you kiddin me? Playoffs?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

if a pig flies must it have wings
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Playoffs? Playoffs?! Are you kiddin me? Playoffs?

It's not likely... but that's why I wondered if those against the core would change their minds if they made a strong run.

If we get there... I think we can give a good fight to any team except perhaps GSW.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

You either win the championship, or you don't. If you don't, you should absolutely be looking for ways to improve. The best front offices look to improve despite having historically great teams (e.g., GSW). IF BI, Zo, or Kuz turn into KD, Kidd, or TMac, you probably keep them. If not, being good isn't good enough for this organization.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

You should have 1 more option. I mean if they make a deep run, then that means you're just a max player away. That should be option 1, getting a max player to compliment Lebron and core. If nobody is willing to come, then the second best thing to do would be to trade for AD.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

I guess we don't learn about shooting for the stars.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
You should have 1 more option. I mean if they make a deep run, then that means you're just a max player away. That should be option 1, getting a max player to compliment Lebron and core. If nobody is willing to come, then the second best thing to do would be to trade for AD.

Agree it's unclear... but that should be implied as that was the original plan before Klutch got involved.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

Yeah. Or just two options as follows...

- Yes, keep entire core intact
- No, move one or more core pieces if it improves the team
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

I guess we don't learn about shooting for the stars.

That’s how you win in this league or have you not paid attention to all the teams going all in for stars last few years
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

LeBron can't carry this much dead weight; no deep run.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:

You would trade Ingram and Kuz for Beal?

And you think you can trade for AD with just Kuz and Ingram? When they wouldn't take a higher package previously..
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

We have had plenty of opportunities to se what the young core can do. If we can acquire a top-tier talent like AD - we do it. He's once in a generation.

Even if Kuz, Zo & BI all become All Stars, they don't equal what a superstar brings.

Example - if the 1985-86 Lakers were offered Alvin Robertson, Jeff Malone and Xavier McDaniel, plus two FRP for Magic, would they have been smart to do so?

That's a combined 7X All Star/6X All-D worth of guys who were younger than Magic and definitely great players . . . but the Lakers would've been foolish to take that deal because Magic was once in a generation player.

Same goes for AD. He hasn't won 3 titles at age 25 (a la Magic) - but he also hasn't played with Kareem (GOAT), Worthy (HOF), Wilkes (HOF), McAdoo (HOF), Coop (8X All-D), Nixon (2X All-Star), etc. Let's not act like Magic was driving a Hyundai of a team - he had a Rolls Royce around him.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

People just don't understand you cannot take the title unless you have two or even three Superstars!! Unless BI becomes KD, Kuzma becomes Larry Byrd, and Lonzo becomes Magic, the only way to get one is through a trade or a FA signing.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
We have had plenty of opportunities to se what the young core can do. If we can acquire a top-tier talent like AD - we do it. He's once in a generation.

Even if Kuz, Zo & BI all become All Stars, they don't equal what a superstar brings.

Example - if the 1985-86 Lakers were offered Alvin Robertson, Jeff Malone and Xavier McDaniel, plus two FRP for Magic, would they have been smart to do so?

That's a combined 7X All Star/6X All-D worth of guys who were younger than Magic and definitely great players . . . but the Lakers would've been foolish to take that deal because Magic was once in a generation player.

Same goes for AD. He hasn't won 3 titles at age 25 (a la Magic) - but he also hasn't played with Kareem (GOAT), Worthy (HOF), Wilkes (HOF), McAdoo (HOF), Coop (8X All-D), Nixon (2X All-Star), etc. Let's not act like Magic was driving a Hyundai of a team - he had a Rolls Royce around him.

If our top offer was Kuzma/BI/Zo... I wouldn't like the trade... but at least it was reasonable.

We were offering Kuz/BI/Zo/Hart/Zubac plus picks plus taking back Solomon Hill.

What was bad about it is that it shows how terrible we are at negotiating.

We didn't win anything except being known as an easy mark in future trade talks.

Even if it wasn't Magic and Rob's fault directly... it was their fault for allowing Klutch to push them that far.

Fair trade... no problem.

Ridiculous trade scenarios... big problem.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

You would trade Ingram and Kuz for Beal?

And you think you can trade for AD with just Kuz and Ingram? When they wouldn't take a higher package previously..

I don't think NOP is serious about trading with us which is why I would give them a max low ball offer of Kuz and BI + 2 picks. Let them come begging back with a real counter if they're serious. As for Beal, that's a very fair trade when you include a 1st and 2 2nds.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: