View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
gumby wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Impressive part about the win was the fact that BOS was 22-6 at home until we beat them, they are basically unbeatable at home.

All records go out the window good and bad with the Lakers and Celtics.

You know better.

Bye.

We got that Celtic ASS!!

NOW KICK IT...
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersgreat24 wrote:
TMG wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:
TMG wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:
Anyone else feel like tonight was the first time Lebron became an actual LAKER?

Nope Lebron has had plenty of games where one would think that. One against SPurs where he completely just took over the game and won it for us comes to mind. Lebron is our best player and is just better at basketball than everyone else. He literally looked done in the 1Q and then after that flicked a switch and just went off....it's bizzare.

Best player in the league hands down. I didn’t like him and actually hated him when he went to Miami but started cheering for him and liking him when he went back to Cleveland. Now he’s my current favorite player. Lakers have always been my team and Kobe will always be my dude though.

ZO is probably my current favourite player on this team but i love having Lebron here...If anything bringing back the winning culture is whats most important to this team. I seriously wonder sometimes how Kobe would have been as a coach..The guy is a genius at breaking things down. Would have loved to have him here as an assistant coach or an advisor atleast.

Yeah I kind of like Zo but IMO I think he’s not very good. Pulling for the kid like crazy though. My favorite of the young guys is Kuz. Kobe would be a tough coach to play for. He demands a lot. More suited for Colege IMO. These pros would get hurt the way Kobe is.

True about Kobe but i feel he has a lot of insight he can share with guys...Especially Ingram. Im happy we didn't trade for AD i know it isn't a popular opinion but i just cant see us being much better with a gutted roster. I'd rather keep the core and see what happens in the summer. Overall im crying tears of joy over the win and proud of the team!
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Peppe89 wrote:

ZION <========

You were saying?
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

This win might catapult the Lakers back to glory. First of many consecutive rings coming.

Last edited by lakersfever714 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Greyhound
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:
It's been decided, I'd take Kyrie over AD.

People will say AD is the better player, and I understand the logic, but the more evolved Kyrie is a facillitator and he plays defense.

What he DOES have that AD does not have is a hellified clutch gene.

Kyrie played like (bleep) all game, but the MOMENT it was crunch-time, his movements become a lot sharper, and he effectiveness sky-rocketed. You NEED that, and AD has never shown that sort of ability.

Dear lord. If he hadn't played like a scrub early, then he wouldn't have needed to be anything late. Did you miss him on the bench when the Celts built that 18 point lead (look at their bench plus minus)? Did you then miss how he came back and the lead went down to 9 at the half, did you miss him starting the 3rd and the 9 evaporated and the Lakers took the lead? Clutch. For the entirely wrong team. And did I mention that the reason why Max echoed the one side of the Boston sports argument, to wit, better off without Kyrie? The Kyrie-less Celts took down Giannis and Co, crushed Embiid, Simmons and Co, and took King James to a game 7. Kyrie couldn't lead the team with an 18 point lead. Lastly, for those big up on Stevens, hardly, he took out the unit that built up the 18 in favor of Mr. I'ma lose it and this dude on Lakersground gonna call me clutch.
WE WANT TACOS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I was wrong. This team is championship bound.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
By the way Celtics lose to the Lakers, off a game winner from former Celtic Rajon Rondo and just so happen to be Isaiah Thomas’s birthday. The curse is born

https://twitter.com/osheajacksonjr/status/1093721828214755328?s=21
lakersgreat24
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:
TMG wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:
TMG wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:

Nope Lebron has had plenty of games where one would think that. One against SPurs where he completely just took over the game and won it for us comes to mind. Lebron is our best player and is just better at basketball than everyone else. He literally looked done in the 1Q and then after that flicked a switch and just went off....it's bizzare.

Best player in the league hands down. I didn’t like him and actually hated him when he went to Miami but started cheering for him and liking him when he went back to Cleveland. Now he’s my current favorite player. Lakers have always been my team and Kobe will always be my dude though.

ZO is probably my current favourite player on this team but i love having Lebron here...If anything bringing back the winning culture is whats most important to this team. I seriously wonder sometimes how Kobe would have been as a coach..The guy is a genius at breaking things down. Would have loved to have him here as an assistant coach or an advisor atleast.

Yeah I kind of like Zo but IMO I think he’s not very good. Pulling for the kid like crazy though. My favorite of the young guys is Kuz. Kobe would be a tough coach to play for. He demands a lot. More suited for Colege IMO. These pros would get hurt the way Kobe is.

True about Kobe but i feel he has a lot of insight he can share with guys...Especially Ingram. Im happy we didn't trade for AD i know it isn't a popular opinion but i just cant see us being much better with a gutted roster. I'd rather keep the core and see what happens in the summer. Overall im crying tears of joy over the win and proud of the team!

Yeah about Kobe. Yeah it is unpopular but at some point those demands became ridiculous. I still want AD but it is what it is. I’d tell the Pelicans they can have Ingram and some picks at this point.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Greyhound wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:
It's been decided, I'd take Kyrie over AD.

People will say AD is the better player, and I understand the logic, but the more evolved Kyrie is a facillitator and he plays defense.

What he DOES have that AD does not have is a hellified clutch gene.

Kyrie played like (bleep) all game, but the MOMENT it was crunch-time, his movements become a lot sharper, and he effectiveness sky-rocketed. You NEED that, and AD has never shown that sort of ability.

Dear lord. If he hadn't played like a scrub early, then he wouldn't have needed to be anything late. Did you miss him on the bench when the Celts built that 18 point lead (look at their bench plus minus)? Did you then miss how he came back and the lead went down to 9 at the half, did you miss him starting the 3rd and the 9 evaporated and the Lakers took the lead? Clutch. For the entirely wrong team. And did I mention that the reason why Max echoed the one side of the Boston sports argument, to wit, better off without Kyrie? The Kyrie-less Celts took down Giannis and Co, crushed Embiid, Simmons and Co, and took King James to a game 7. Kyrie couldn't lead the team with an 18 point lead. Lastly, for those big up on Stevens, hardly, he took out the unit that built up the 18 in favor of Mr. I'ma lose it and this dude on Lakersground gonna call me clutch.

You can argue his style doesn't fit for what the Celtics THOUGHT they wanted to do, but you have to ask yourself why Brad Stevens has relied on Kyrie being so ball dominant. Furthermore, there is no metric you can cite that will suggest anything OTHER than Kyrie is not only one of the most clutch players in the league, but in HISTORY.

Yeah, when defenses aren't as stingy, role players can look like stars. The deeper you go into the playoffs, the stingier defenses become, and the pressure ramps up levelS.

That is why Boston collapsed last year. They had NOBODY they could rely on to get them a shot, or at least put a lot of pressure on the defense when it counted the most.

Kyrie is from the lineage of Kobe Bryant. Sure, role players are less involved, the ball doesn't move as much, but he specializes in making tough plays - and that matters FAR more deep into the playoffs when role players tend to get neutralized.

Everyone lauded the Spurs for the TEAM PLAY, but the moment they lost their STARS, what happened to that team player? It don't look as good without a superstar to take the pressure off of everyone else offensively.

On a last note, all of that you typed would be irrelevant if Rondo wasn't in the right place at the right time and hit a buzzer beater. Kyrie showed why they put the ball in his hands. He can make plays when the pressure ramps up.

Last edited by AQuestSupreme on Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Peppe89 wrote:

ZION <========

You were saying?

TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Had to watch it after recording it. Couldn't catch up with the game thread, and didn't want spoilers for this one.

Way to go Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!

SO GLAD THE LAKERS DIDN'T FOLD!

THAT'S how you answer all that trade talk crap. Beat Boston, in Boston.

Wiped that foolish smirk off Ainge's face.

And AD don't want to stay in Boston, the rest of the Eastern Conference just got tougher, and the Kyrie wants out.

Foston is Bucked!
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

That made think of Magic in 88 off the glass in Boston.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

No lie though, I think we kidnapped one of their leprechauns.

At 124-118, here are some things that went our way:

-Kyrie sleeping just a little bit, KCP bolted free and nailed a 3. 124-121.

-Lebron about to turn the ball over, saves it with a hard bounce, Rondo gets it and passes back to Lebron who just ran back onto the court for a 3. 124-124.

-Boston takes lead, 126-124, and Rondo basically has another inbound play brain fart and throws it away. Ball is tapped and luckily gets to KCP. We end up with a Kuzma 3 for the lead. 126-127.

-Kyrie does his thing, 128-127.

-Lastly, you know what happened... Tyson does a Vlade tip out to Rondo who doesn't have to think, just shoot it. We win, 128-129.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

What a beautiful game. Thanks for sticking around guys.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:

-Lebron about to turn the ball over, saves it with a hard bounce, Rondo gets it and passes back to Lebron who just ran back onto the court for a 3. 124-124.

-Boston takes lead, 126-124, and Rondo basically has another inbound play brain fart and throws it away. Ball is tapped and luckily gets to KCP. We end up with a Kuzma 3 for the lead. 126-127.

-Lastly, you know what happened... Tyson does a Vlade tip out to Rondo who doesn't have to think, just shoot it. We win, 128-129.

That KCP shot was going to be the subject of a lot of threads if it didn't go in. He hesitated and then took a tough 3 with no rebounders underneath and it would have been the nail in the coffin if it missed. I won't even get into what would have happened in here if LeBron had an unforced out of bounds turnover on the next play
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

That KCP shot was going to be the subject of a lot of threads if it didn't go in. He hesitated and then took a tough 3 with no rebounders underneath and it would have been the nail in the coffin if it missed. I won't even get into what would have happened in here if LeBron had an unforced out of bounds turnover on the next play

Well, the Kuzma three too. Lebron had his hands ready for the pass. One of those situations where if Kuzma missed, Lebron would have kept the READY FOR THE PASS pose to emphasize Kuz should have passed the ball. This is not a knock on Lebron, this is just in general. A lot of players do this, and I thought had Kuzma missed that, Lebron might have kept that pose. LOL!
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:
lakersgreat24 wrote:

I’ve followed Lebron since he was a youngster playing for St Vincent and then joined Cleveland in 2003...The guys basketball iq is off the charts and his ability to always know where everyone is on the court and when to pass is insane. The guy does have a switch, its like suddenly he’s a possessed man and goes off on teams. I saw it happen do many times in Cleveland (yes I’ve watched almost every game he’s played since coming to the NBA so IMHO I’ve seen him in action more than most average fans. He sometimes lets the youngins fend for themselves and almost drown before he steps in and takes control...Its tough love. In the playoffs and finals Lebron’s always been a beast...He hasnt had it as easy as other players (Durant, Curry, etc), the man took a nothing team like the Cavs and took them to numerous finals and got them rings. He joined the Lakers who have been terrible in the past and wants to get them some rings also. The haters gonna hate on him for whatever stupid reasons but if he gets a Championship with LA he’s cemented himself as the GOAT...Not an easy task.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
WHY IS RONDO OUT THERE

You were saying????
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Favorite win of the season for me, for sure. I just love to beat the Celtics and to do it with heart and hustle makes it even sweeter. They could have easily folded in the 1st half, but something clicked at halftime and they never looked back. I cannot fathom how they got that hot from 3 but I will gladly take it. They seemed to just want it more than the Celtics and it showed.

Poetic justice that a former Celtic has his first career buzzer beater and its when he is back in Boston AS a Laker.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:06 am    Post subject:

https://streamable.com/fyx9s
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:56 am    Post subject:

WOW!

just watched the rest of the game

I hereby deem my remaining comments in this thread reverse-jinx
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:33 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
danzag wrote:
WHY IS RONDO OUT THERE

You were saying????

I'm eating crow and I'm happy for it
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:02 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
danzag wrote:
WHY IS RONDO OUT THERE

You were saying????

I'm eating crow and I'm happy for it

Lave Danzag alone now...

He's had enough folks dig up that post!

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
WOW!

just watched the rest of the game

I hereby deem my remaining comments in this thread reverse-jinx
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:04 am    Post subject:

#savethekids wrote:
Kcp huge in this game. Thank you kcp.

His late 3 off the timeout was absolutely huge. And not an easy look at all.

I have been hard on the guy, but he stepped it up in hated Boston. I like that a lot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 72 of 73
Jump to: