Lakers trade Zubac & Beasely to Clippers for Mike Muscala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Since Zubac has been gone we really miss his size in the paint. Embiid just waltzed through skinny Chandler and McGee like they were not even there.

Terrible trade. Why? just why.

Talk about over reaction. First we sign no FA shooters in the offseason and go all in on the playmaker/defense thing. The team actually plays pretty well and is the 4'th seed.

Then unrelated to the lack of FA shooters the team suffers a bunch of injuries. What do the Lakers then do? Trade away our young talent and bring in shooters. The problem with the team was not the lack of shooting it was the injuries.

I actually like Reggie- that kid plays defense so that trade was no so bad. But we already miss Zubac.

Nobody is stopping Embied right now.....and that includes Zu.

I think the timing of the injuries is horrible.....we have had the new guys for all of two games after the trade and Macala is already hurt......we were actually missing 2 bigs last night....which makes it look even worse.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

LOL @ Zu being able to stop Embiid. Are people really that delusional to think this guy would be an improvement over McGee or even Chandler defensively? The reason why we even got Chandler to begin with was because Zu wasn’t cutting it as a backup to McGee.

Sounds like people complaining just to complain.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:35 am    Post subject:

Magic was so concerned about getting us more shooting he forgot that there are more important factors in a basketball game like defense, screens, rebounds, points in the paint.

Muscala brings us 1 thing, shooting. But getting rid of Zubac lost us all those other things.

Not even fantasy players would make that trade that Magic did.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
LOL @ Zu being able to stop Embiid. Are people really that delusional to think this guy would be an improvement over McGee or even Chandler defensively? The reason why we even got Chandler to begin with was because Zu wasn’t cutting it as a backup to McGee.

He is not stopping Embiid- I did not mean to say that he could. He can put up a lot more resistance than the bean pole centers left on our roster. All you can hope to do with Embiid is to make him work for his points and try to make it hard for him. McGee is a great shot blocker but he is too thin to guard a guy like Embiid in the paint.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Zu wouldn't have stopped Embiid but he would've at least made him show up defensively. He was able to to just mail it in on the defensive end. Kenny Smith pointed this out as well, how our centers allow Embiid to just rest on defense. Zu is at least a threat to score.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Zu wouldn't have stopped Embiid but he would've at least made him show up defensively. He was able to to just mail it in on the defensive end. Kenny Smith pointed this out as well, how our centers allow Embiid to just rest on defense. Zu is at least a threat to score.

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:

“I’m starting with the man in the mirror. I’m asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer. If you want to make the world a better place. Take a look at yourself, and then make a change...”. 😝
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject:

McGee and Chandler don't weigh enough to defend against the bigger guys. Embiid, Stevens, Boba etc... They can't even deny position against them let alone take a serious bump. They're both light, high mobility centers that work great against 80% of the league, but 20% is going to go right through them.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

bad trade
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Zubac so efficiently good out there
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject:

ZU with 16 and 7 in 22 minutes tonight... Wait now, we traded him for what again? Then go after Kanter?
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:34 pm    Post subject:

Magic and Rob are clueless on how to build a team. This is very frustrating.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:
ZU with 16 and 7 in 22 minutes tonight... Wait now, we traded him for what again? Then go after Kanter?

'
Dont ya'lll worry Magic on the case! Greatest FO Ever!...heck he might even bring back the GREAT TANK Commander BYWRONNNNG SCOTT...

Heck he might even show the remaining kids ,,,the Magic How to play basketball VCR Tape....lol
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

FreakofNature wrote:

8 for 8 free throw and team high +/-. Magic doesn't want to pay him so trade him to the clippers...... Super cheap!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:35 pm    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

8 for 8 free throw and team high +/-. Magic doesn't want to pay him so trade him to the clippers...... Super cheap!

I don't buy the reasoning that it was because Magic didn't want to resign him. I think Magic genuinely was trying to fill a need, but didn't really value Zu, or understand who Muscala was. Or maybe he just saw the need was so great, that we needed great sacrifice.

Especially since you could use Zu for a sign and trade, or sign him after signing a max FA. Or just let him walk, as you will get at least the same amount of value from Muscala that you would probably get from Zu.

Imagine if we make the playoffs, and Zu has a nice showing in a playoff series, wouldn't that add to his value as a sign and trade?

The only really logical conclusion is that Magic or Pelinka, but most likely Magic, didn't value Zubac very highly.

Either way though, I think it was a dumb move. Moving a young player with a potentially bright future for a fringe rental is unwise. Couldn't even get a 2nd round pick? Reeks of a desperation move.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:41 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/flybyknite/status/1095926980648697856?s=21

Quote:
Ivica Zubac had 16 points, 7 rebounds, and was a +23 in 21:23 tonight. It's the third-best plus-minus of his career so far. His highest (+35) came a month ago when the Lakers beat the Thunder on the road
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject:

Zu is probably not going to turn into a great player. He will likely be like Clarkson, has some nice games but can't consistently do it at both ends of the floor.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

I need this to not be even remotely true

Apparently JaVale McGee being unhappy with his playing time was a factor in making the Zubac trade Via Brad Turner
https://twitter.com/ralph_masonjr/status/1096135443022675968?s=21

Source (podcast)
FnA Podcast: @BA_Turner on why the Lakers are keeping Luke Walton, the reasoning behind trading Zubac and what the locker room looks like right now after the trade deadline.
https://twitter.com/followadama/status/1096110292528857091?s=21
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Was a terrible trade. If we wanted a big that could shoot, should've just cut Chandler and find someone in the buyout market. Zubac + Beasley is worth 10 times Mike Muscala. Maginka have no idea what they're doing.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

It is possible that Zubac will help the Clippers just enough so that they finish eighth.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
FreakofNature wrote:

I don't buy the reasoning that it was because Magic didn't want to resign him. I think Magic genuinely was trying to fill a need, but didn't really value Zu, or understand who Muscala was. Or maybe he just saw the need was so great, that we needed great sacrifice.

Especially since you could use Zu for a sign and trade, or sign him after signing a max FA. Or just let him walk, as you will get at least the same amount of value from Muscala that you would probably get from Zu.

Imagine if we make the playoffs, and Zu has a nice showing in a playoff series, wouldn't that add to his value as a sign and trade?

The only really logical conclusion is that Magic or Pelinka, but most likely Magic, didn't value Zubac very highly.

Either way though, I think it was a dumb move. Moving a young player with a potentially bright future for a fringe rental is unwise. Couldn't even get a 2nd round pick? Reeks of a desperation move.

Yeah I don't buy the excuse of not resigning him because I doubt they plan to resign Chandler or McGee either. Since Zubac was actually starting games to help them win this year, I don't understand cutting him loose early. If they really needed to get Beasley out, couldn't they have just cut him?
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:

Apparently JaVale McGee being unhappy with his playing time was a factor in making the Zubac trade Via Brad Turner

Source (podcast)
FnA Podcast: @BA_Turner on why the Lakers are keeping Luke Walton, the reasoning behind trading Zubac and what the locker room looks like right now after the trade deadline.

That's MozDeng levels of ineptness
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
TDRock wrote:

Source (podcast)

That's MozDeng levels of ineptness

Broderick and his 80% chance of AD trade happening and 90% chance of it not happening
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Javele McGee gotta go. i hate the fact he pouted when Zub was getting his minutes (rightfully so). look at Chandler, he's genuinely happy for the kid, unlikely jealousy mofo McGee. i don't mind throw some cap space at Deandre Jordan, he's a real starter still in his prime who suits LeBron's system perfectly, and he can shoot free throws better now.
Bmr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Javele McGee gotta go. i hate the fact he pouted when Zub was getting his minutes (rightfully so). look at Chandler, he's genuinely happy for the kid, unlikely jealousy mofo McGee. i don't mind throw some cap space at Deandre Jordan, he's a real starter still in his prime who suits LeBron's system perfectly, and he can shoot free throws better now.

Honestly, not that impressed with McGee. Dude can dunk and block but he's not a great paint defender and he's always on the low end of the +/-.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23
Jump to: