Why you don't make trade proposals public
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I don’t get why people try to put everything on LeBron like he was the one negotiating and making those insane offers.

Because he basically was.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
Practice wrote:
I don’t get why people try to put everything on LeBron like he was the one negotiating and making those insane offers.

And we know this how?
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

On this particular trade seems like east coast bias ESPN is adding fuel & hate against Lakers, seems like as soon as Celtics name (from media) was spoken everyone who works for ESPN is trashing the trade & wanting the Lakers to lose as many players as possible...

If I were a member of Lakers I wouldn't grant ESPN any interviews or answers, IMO they are the culprits. ESPN has no integrity & it's why they have fallen as a sports revenue...

Screw them...
HC: Riley
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
Practice wrote:

And we know this how?

IMO it's obvious.

Not really mad at LeBron. He's played w/ this group and evaluated this roster and has realized he can't win a championship with these guys. Lakers seem to be in fear that AD is the only superstar we can get. So do we trade away our future and try for a 15% chance at a championship with LeBron/AD + role players or stay still? Hard decision but if the trade for AD doesn't go down then we're in trouble.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
Practice wrote:

And we know this how?

IMO it's obvious.

Not really mad at LeBron. He's played w/ this group and evaluated this roster and has realized he can't win a championship with these guys. Lakers seem to be in fear that AD is the only superstar we can get. So do we trade away our future and try for a 15% chance at a championship with LeBron/AD + role players or stay still? Hard decision but if the trade for AD doesn't go down then we're in trouble.

You don't think Magic/FO think highly of AD?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Klutch may have tried to push Davis to the Lakers, but it's still Magic and Pelinka negotiating with the Pelicans and making the offers we saw.
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
Practice wrote:

And we know this how?

IMO it's obvious.

You don't think Magic/FO think highly of AD?

I'm sure they do.

From what I've heard and read...I always thought the plan was to get a max FA in the offseason and keeping the young guys. Trading for AD kinda ruins that plan so this was all a surprise to me.
Black Sheep
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:56 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
Practice wrote:

And we know this how?

IMO it's obvious.

What happened to staying patient and signing a free agent with the group we had.
LeBron said you don't want to see him get pissed after the wolves loss earlier in the season.
Guess we just saw what happens when he gets pissed...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

A lot if it was from Turner. He leaked the actual deals. Isn’t he supposed to be a laker guy?
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jg77 wrote:
Practice wrote:

And we know this how?

IMO it's obvious.

We should evaluate bron who struggles to score in crunch time and make free throws. If we don’t make the playoffs... it’s on him
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

matrixskillz wrote:
Pelicans trolled us hard

They will pay for their basketball trolling reasons.

This is yet another team that is too c-word-ty to negotiate with. Teams who deal in good faith with us are near extinction it would seem. The one next to us is still mad over Byron Scott fer cripes sake. I wonder if the Yankees or Patriots have opponents calling their trade partners like teenage girls.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

This is a stupid topic.

It wasn't the Lakers running around publicly saying "we're trading everyone". That was all leaks from the other side. Lakers can't control how the other team is going to negotiate.

This smacks of OP's need to want to gripe about something.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

This is just professionalism 101, and sounds like it wasn't the Lakers fault at all.

However, when you see all the leaks coming out from the Hornets, you have to question their willingness to deal with us. Also, there should be a cost for them leaking so much info to the press, we should have pulled away from talks. Instead, it seems like we upped our offer. We needed to do damage control. Remember how bad Pau/Lamar played after they learned we tried and failed to trade them? Those guys were veterans who played on championship teams, yet it affected their focus. Imagine what it does to a young team.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
This is just professionalism 101, and sounds like it wasn't the Lakers fault at all.

However, when you see all the leaks coming out from the Hornets, you have to question their willingness to deal with us. Also, there should be a cost for them leaking so much info to the press, we should have pulled away from talks. Instead, it seems like we upped our offer. We needed to do damage control. Remember how bad Pau/Lamar played after they learned we tried and failed to trade them? Those guys were veterans who played on championship teams, yet it affected their focus. Imagine what it does to a young team.

You said Hornets!

I preferred the old franchise personally. Pelicans sounds like an old bar sailors hang out in.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Why you don't make trade proposals public

socalsp3 wrote:
You alienate the players you planned to trade. NOP made the offers public. But Maginka made a big mistake by adding fuel to fire. Mitch did a poor job with FA signings but he did a better job keeping a tight lip for this reason. It feels like amateur hour again with Maginka.

I think what you're trying to say is... don't try to make trades that offer up your entire team mid-season if you're trying to get to the playoffs and compete... because there's every chance of it failing... and you run the risk of alienating or disconnecting everyone on your team. Most people in the league understand this risk, except LeMaginka... so they better have this done before the deadline or we may be fecked.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

So has Danny Ainge poisoned and tainted the team by assuring the Pels that everyone is on the table? Or does that only apply to Magic and LBJ?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
So has Danny Ainge poisoned and tainted the team by assuring the Pels that everyone is on the table? Or does that only apply to Magic and LBJ?

Yo, Skippy, don't you sleep? Seems like you've been on the forum non-stop for the last 24 hours playing devil's advocate to everything other than what you believe. Give it a rest.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yo, Skippy, don't you sleep? Seems like you've been on the forum non-stop for the last 24 hours playing devil's advocate to everything other than what you believe. Give it a rest.

Why don't you give the calling others by an insult a rest?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It wasn't an insult, it's just that you are every where, so it seemed appropriate. If I have an issue with something about the team, or anything the FO has done... please let me have it. There's no need to pop up everywhere trying to control the narrative and make it fit what you want to believe or what you want to have said about the team/players/team/etc.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It wasn't an insult, it's just that you are every where trying to control the narrative, so it seemed appropriate. If I have an issue with something about the team, or anything the FO has done... please let me have it. There's no need to pop up everywhere trying to control the narrative and make it fit what you want to believe or what you want to have said about the team/players/team/etc.

I don't have a narrative. Look at my sig.

I'm not about the chicken-littling going on here.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

NOP was upset that Rich Paul made the trade demand public, so they screwed the Lakers by making the packages they received public. Eye for eye...
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

yinoma2001 wrote:

Tatum has already offered himself up in a trade for AD.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this is ridiculous. Do you really think the Lakers leaked their trade offers? And there's been so many conflicting reports we have no idea what offer Magic laid out so why are people already flaming him off of unconfirmed rumors?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Tatum has already offered himself up in a trade for AD.

So it should be fine with our YUTES, right?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It wasn't an insult, it's just that you are every where trying to control the narrative, so it seemed appropriate. If I have an issue with something about the team, or anything the FO has done... please let me have it. There's no need to pop up everywhere trying to control the narrative and make it fit what you want to believe or what you want to have said about the team/players/team/etc.

I don't have a narrative. Look at my sig.

I'm not about the chicken-littling going on here.

My apologies, I just realized there are 3 people with the same avatar on the forum, which is why it seems like "you" are popping up everywhere.

Anyway, to answer your question... Ainge has not tried trading his entire team mid-season. Regardless of the Kyrie-AD trade rule, he hasn't, so I'm not going to talk about that. If you do something like offering up your entire mid-season, then there are going to be consequences in terms of player morale and trust, especially with younger players who have never been through this before. This is a consequence to an action, it can not be avoided. Again, I'm not blaming anyone for trying to land AD. I'm saying... LeMaginka need not have acted now, but they chose to. If the young players are pissed off at LeBron and the FO, they have every right to be. I don't need to blame LeMaginka for that because the blame automatically goes to them if they fail (being their decision) just like any kudos would automatically go to them if they succeed.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: