Why you don't make trade proposals public
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject: Why you don't make trade proposals public

You alienate the players you planned to trade. NOP made the offers public. But Maginka made a big mistake by adding fuel to fire. Mitch did a poor job with FA signings but he did a better job keeping a tight lip for this reason. It feels like amateur hour again with Maginka.
watchME3
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Everything came from NO
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Who says it's all LA?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

NO was leaking most of this stuff. When the Lakers traded JC and Nance that was stealth. Nobody saw that coming. So don't blame this on the Lakers FO.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

From a random twitter poster.
Quote:
NOLA pulling off 1 of the greatest troll jobs the association has ever seen. @Lakers locker room tearing itself apart while the deadline comes and goes without so much as a returned call. #stoptampering
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Hey Master Negotiator: what do you think of the Pelicans leaking the components of the Lakers offer to the press?
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
Hey Master Negotiator: what do you think of the Pelicans leaking the components of the Lakers offer to the press?

Magic should've denied it or didn't have to comment on the trade at all.

there was leaking on both sides. NOP more so but we should not have added fuel to that fire
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

The Pelicans wanted to publicly embarrass and humiliate the Lakers with all these leaks and they never had any intention of trading with us.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

It was a major coup d'état by Klutch to try to take on an organization to force a trade to the hated Lakers.

Klutch thought the way to do this was through a series of scorched earth leaks (i.e. Boston isn't a favored destination, AD's dad, etc.).

This served to only embolden and piss off the Pels it seems.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:22 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Magic should've denied it or didn't have to comment on the trade at all.

there was leaking on both sides. NOP more so but we should not have added fuel to that fire

Nopes! Not what happened. Once it leaks, its out there.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It was a major coup d'état by Klutch to try to take on an organization to force a trade to the hated Lakers.

Klutch thought the way to do this was through a series of scorched earth leaks (i.e. Boston isn't a favored destination, AD's dad, etc.).

Yep. But this is not over. It will get worse for them in the summer. Klutch will be back with more threats if AD's desire is still to play for the Lakers. Threats of one year rentals. Threats he only wants to play for the Lakers. They probably won't care but the teams that want to trade for him might think twice.
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Pelicans trolled us hard

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Blame Klutch and LeBron.

I don't think this falls on Maginka and the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yep. But this is not over. It will get worse for them in the summer. Klutch will be back with more threats if AD's desire is still to play for the Lakers. Threats of one year rentals. Threats he only wants to play for the Lakers. They probably won't care but the teams that want to trade for him might think twice.

I wouldn't be so confident.

All it will do is possibly punt another full year of LBJ, which begs the question of why we signed him in the first place if we were going to punt 2 of the 3 guaranteed years.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

The initial leak of the trade clearly came from the Pelicans side.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Rich Paul should have kept quiet and closer to trade deadline Lakers should have been making calls. Once the tampering charge was placed. NO already doesn't want to help RP and Lebron
TEEGUNN
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I will wait until after the trade deadline and some smoke clears to make a final judgement on the whole thing. So many leaks and rumors made, how many of them are truly accurate? My bet is very few of them. Let's see how it plays out and hopefully get some real info on how things transpired.

Jake Speed, 1986
jg77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

All it will do is possibly punt another full year of LBJ, which begs the question of why we signed him in the first place if we were going to punt 2 of the 3 guaranteed years.

Because we thought nobody wanted to team up with him cause he was in Cleveland but maybe the reason is because he's a snake...just sayin'.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I'm not confident and it likely won't work. And they could just abandon getting him all together and focus on FA this summer.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Same reason to sign Kobe late in his career. Lakers always need a cash cow.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because we thought nobody wanted to team up with him cause he was in Cleveland but maybe the reason is because he's a snake...just sayin'.

I have my personal theory that we turned PG13 down (or didn't pursue him strongly) after there were indications that AD would sign with Klutch (September 2018) and wanted to try to force a trade to the Lakers. With PG13's max, would have been a bit tough to match all the salaries up.

But I have no proof of this theory at all. Personally I would have gone with PG13 as I've been a long time proponent of his.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

jg77 wrote:
Blame Klutch and LeBron.

I don't think this falls on Maginka and the Lakers.

Actually it does. You knew what you were getting into when you signed Lebron. It is all about getting Lebron a shot at another championship. Which is the same goal as we have, winning a title.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:36 pm    Post subject:

I don’t get why people try to put everything on LeBron like he was the one negotiating and making those insane offers.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Kinda hard when it’s AD lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: