REGGIE BULLOCK to the Knicks - BYE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Do people think that the Laker experience that Bullock is faced with through the end of the season will make him want to re-sign?

He's an unrestricted free agent, and I would expect a guy like him (who has been on low salaries up to now) to simply go with the biggest offer and the biggest guaranteed money. We have his bird rights and he has a 5 million cap hold. It will be interesting to see what he gets

I don't see him going for much, honestly. Specially if he wants a long term deal. I could totally see a 25/5 kind of deal being the best he could get for a long term deal.

Maybe on a short term he could get like a 14/2? It'd take him getting insane exposure in our final run this season for him to top that IMO, even in this loaded offseason.

Not sure he will get that much. Even the 25/5 deal is questionable.

He is making $2.5M now. Slightly above the vet min contract level.

His Lakers stats are consistent with his career trends too. Plays about 30 mpg. Takes about 9 shots per. Seems to have his role in the League.

Like his game. Will be interesting to see if the FO chooses to keep him and if he will accept that same $2.5-3M ? Don't think he has shown much to exceed it IMO. Nice "familiar" role player.

Especially if the Lakers choose to trade away all the depth and need to fill the roster on the cheap. Perhaps they can convince KCP to accept about the same because he owes them for the last couple overly generous contracts. IMO both do the same thing with about the same impact.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I'm getting dejavu. I felt the same way about Brook Lopez. Thought he'd get big offers and we'd have no chance of signing him, but he was a good fit with the team. Then he got lowballed and we still didn't make an attempt to keep him. Feel like the same might happen with Reggie.

I haven't given up on this FO overall, but they've really undervalued some assets.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Do people think that the Laker experience that Bullock is faced with through the end of the season will make him want to re-sign?

He's an unrestricted free agent, and I would expect a guy like him (who has been on low salaries up to now) to simply go with the biggest offer and the biggest guaranteed money. We have his bird rights and he has a 5 million cap hold. It will be interesting to see what he gets

I don't see him going for much, honestly. Specially if he wants a long term deal. I could totally see a 25/5 kind of deal being the best he could get for a long term deal.

Maybe on a short term he could get like a 14/2? It'd take him getting insane exposure in our final run this season for him to top that IMO, even in this loaded offseason.

Not sure he will get that much. Even the 25/5 deal is questionable.

He is making $2.5M now. Slightly above the vet min contract level.

His Lakers stats are consistent with his career trends too. Plays about 30 mpg. Takes about 9 shots per. Seems to have his role in the League.

Like his game. Will be interesting to see if the FO chooses to keep him and if he will accept that same $2.5-3M ? Don't think he has shown much to exceed it IMO. Nice "familiar" role player.

Especially if the Lakers choose to trade away all the depth and need to fill the roster on the cheap. Perhaps they can convince KCP to accept about the same because he owes them for the last couple overly generous contracts. IMO both do the same thing with about the same impact.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up, because I'm getting dejavu. I felt the same way about Brook Lopez. Thought he'd get big offers and we'd have no chance of signing him, but he was a good fit with the team. Then he got lowballed and we still didn't make an attempt to keep him. Feel like the same might happen with Reggie.

I haven't given up on this FO overall, but they've really undervalued some assets.

Agree with your assessment. Some of these moves /non moves have been puzzling to say the least. Bullock seems like a no brainer if they can get the numbers to work.

Going to be interesting to see what the off-season moves will be. Already looking at replacing all the one year rentals. That is 6 of the top 11 players in the current rotation.

And if they choose to gut the team for another All-star the depth issues only get worse. All 4 remaining players have been discussed as on the block.

That is a lot of turnover. Continuity and chemistry suffers. Would they really attempt to start next season with 10 of the top 11 replaced? And more importantly expect it to all flawlessly come together to be true contenders.

Convincing rotation players like Bullock will be integral IMO. Will need Magic's best sales job ever if he can get quality depth for this team with a bargain basement budget.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

He is our only player that I am confident can hit a wide open 3, all of our other players I expect to brick the shot.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
He is our only player that I am confident can hit a wide open 3, all of our other players I expect to brick the shot.

Lol pretty much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Bullock's cap hold fits into the plan if we are pursuing a 7-9 year max player. We can sign him above the cap once we get the max FA.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Bullock's cap hold fits into the plan if we are pursuing a 7-9 year max player. We can sign him above the cap once we get the max FA.

I'm down, may as well spend money on quality players if we don't get a max, but then again we lost Brook and Randle for nothing.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I really hope that's the case next year. Enough with filling the roster with veterans on 1-year contracts.
Build a (bleep) TEAM for Christ's sake.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

He's shooting 52% from 3 on passes from LBJ.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

poor Reggie.....had playoff plans.....then gets traded to a lottery team
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Keep him as a reminder that Maginka aren't completely incompetent
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

Never seen a guy play himself out of a bigger contract. 99% of his shots are wide freaking open.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:45 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Never seen a guy play himself out of a bigger contract. 99% of his shots are wide freaking open.

Must be (bleep) Luke, I have no idea why shooters die here
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

Another guy we get that becomes a wasted space.. I wish Bullock good luck on his new team.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

It's like the pressure and attention a player gets when they come to LA gets to them and they forget how to shoot. He literally gets so many open corner 3s and it comes up short everytime smh
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
It's like the pressure and attention a player gets when they come to LA gets to them and they forget how to shoot. He literally gets so many open corner 3s and it comes up short everytime smh

There is probably something to that.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

No defense
No shooting
UKUGA
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:25 am    Post subject:

He really looks awful.

It makes me wonder what he would have looked like in a full season with the Lakers.

After-all, the media refrain continues to be that the Lakers lacked the necessary shooters to surround Lebron.

We get this guy, and he throws up rocks for a month.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

He started good but has been awful of late. Curious if he has an injury of some sort. Sort of like Hart who hasn't been able to shoot since his knee injury.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

It's a small sample size (13 games) but he hasn't shot this bad from 3 since his rookie year. Currently at 31%. Yikes.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
It's a small sample size (13 games) but he hasn't shot this bad from 3 since his rookie year. Currently at 31%. Yikes.

Since the team quit I wouldn’t put too much stock into their performances. The SBL guys are obviously trying to show what they can do but everyone else is playing for nothing and going through the motions.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Since the team quit I wouldn’t put too much stock into their performances. The SBL guys are obviously trying to show what they can do but everyone else is playing for nothing and going through the motions.

Yeah, I guess you're right. I like Bullock, hope he sticks around.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Same here.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Nobody wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Same here.
I agree but I still think guys on 1 year deals would be trying to play well to get themselves another decent contract.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nobody wrote:
ocho wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Same here.
I agree but I still think guys on 1 year deals would be trying to play well to get themselves another decent contract.

You would certainly think so, but quitting is a rot that infects an entire team. It started with the vets who are all on 1 year deals.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

Lakers: where good shooters go to die.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: