Moral of the Story: Stop Trying to Trade for Stars
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think the moral is do things fast and quiet like we did with Gasol in 2008.
I’d argue prime Gasol (led his team to playoffs many times) was nearly as valuable as AD.

So we should look to trade for stars

But IMo we went for the wrong one

Porzingis was the right star to go for

I think Ingram two picks and taking on the Hardaway JR contact would get the deal done

Lakers - KP, LBJ, Kuz, Hardaway Jr, Ball + Zubac + Hart - that’s an amazing 7 man core and we have some money in the summer to add more talent to that group.

We should be looking at bringing in an all star caliber player using one of Ingram/Ball and future picks. It can be done.

Issue with Porky was that he would not be able to play this year, and his future health-wise is a big question mark. He's missed nearly 50% of his games as an NBA player. He makes Embiid look like Iron Man AC Green.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think the moral is do things fast and quiet like we did with Gasol in 2008.
I’d argue prime Gasol (led his team to playoffs many times) was nearly as valuable as AD.

So we should look to trade for stars

But IMo we went for the wrong one

Porzingis was the right star to go for

I think Ingram two picks and taking on the Hardaway JR contact would get the deal done

Lakers - KP, LBJ, Kuz, Hardaway Jr, Ball + Zubac + Hart - that’s an amazing 7 man core and we have some money in the summer to add more talent to that group.

We should be looking at bringing in an all star caliber player using one of Ingram/Ball and future picks. It can be done.

It's a new era. there is nothing done in quiet anymore. That day no longer exists. there's too much media. too many leaks. This is something I said awhile back that Doc buss never had to deal with. You can't play poker and be as successful if everyone knows your dang hand. It's not your fault the entire world is showing your hand on camera and telling the rest of the world via audio what you have and how you can use said hand. This is just a bad era for doing quiet deals. Other teams can deal loudly, the lakers can't. And its completely unfair.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Moral of the story - stop trying to build teams with young talent then ruining all of that by bringing in a player with a win-now mentality. They will never mix.

See: Bron and LA, Kyrie and Boston, Butler and Minny.

Just doesn't work. Either go all in on the youth movement and bring in only vets who know they are role players, or trade all the youth movement for good pieces to go around the new stars.

Didn't we go all in on a youth movement for 4 years which yielded...not much.

The real problem IMO was not getting a 2nd star with LBJ via FA, and now they're trying to get one via trade (which recent history with PG/KL/AD has shown is going to be met with significant resistance).

Yes - if we had gotten PG as well, we definitely would be a in a better spot, but in that scenario, we would cease "building around" the youth - meaning we likely wouldn't be counting on the young guys as much, they'd likely either be role players whose development as "main pieces" would be stunted or trade bait for better veteran role players. BI wouldn't even have time to try and carry the scoring load if PG were here, he'd have been the first player shipped out.

Also - we did go all in on a youth movement for 4 years, then scrapped all of that when we traded away DLo for cap space (granted the MozDeng deals were probably the start of the death of the youth movement because jeebus wtf were they thinking). Remember, youth movement won't pay off until 4-6 years down the road because it takes that long for them to actually develop. As many have pointed out already, if we had kept DLo and Randle, we'd probably have a pretty exciting and competitive team right now.

They weren't "wrong" IMO to have a 2 max plan (which coincidentally was Mitch/Jim's plan). I think trading for a star is just so difficult b/c of the Lakers baggage with other teams.

I think missing 5 years of playoffs really irked the ownership. It is what it is, but under no circumstances could the team wait another 2-3 years for them to possibly make the playoffs (and then you have to re-sign them to deals too).

Because the ownership believed that good things would continue to happen for the Lakers such as these from the past.

1. Pick that became Magic

2. Pick that became Worthy

3. Signing a top player like Shaq

4. Sneak up on the league and draft another way undervalued prospect (Kobe)

Why the past is not a good predictor of the future:

1. Draft pick compensation such as what happened to get the pick for Magic is no longer part of the NBA system.

2. They didn't take advantage of the Nets when Billy King was loose & sloppy with draft picks.

3. Shaq was in his his mid 20's when he signed with the Lakers and LeBron is in his mid 30's.

4. The rules have changed so that going directly from high school to the NBA takes a very unique set of circumstances. Youtube and social media in general weren't around in the mid 90's, but times have changed and now it is easy to access videos and information about high school players. Sneaking up on the rest of the league like they did with getting Kobe is much much more difficult to do.

The playoffs haven't been happening for a while. Instead of accepting that some of the edges/advantages of the past are no longer available, they still think that good things will happen soon for the Lakers like they did in past decades.
non of what you just typed has anything to do with what we're dealing with. it's a new era of media meaning all transactions are going to be put out there for all to see. you can't play poker with everyone knowing your hand. it doesnt work well that way. And you have this disdain for the lakers that started with the cp3 nixed deal that has continued. The hate is stronger than I have ever seen. The nba teams are more or less colluding to keep the lakers from making deals on their terms. so it means we will almost always have to over pay and in the process of the dealing our current roster will be mentally shot due to all the info saying they are doing to be traded. I would sue the league if I were Jeanie. We gave them a pass for that nixed deal. I have no more passes to give. We have Coach Pop on record i believe telling Demps not to trade us AD.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

This AD saga exposed how ridiculously influential social media is and how it literally affects transactions.

WOJ is so blatantly working on behalf of the Pels/Celts and it's funny seeing guys like Mannix be called out for blatant carrying of Celts water.

But it is the climate the Lakers live in. There is a hefty Lakers tax when trading for a star, especially one that has the balls to demand a trade. It's like offending owners twice (Lakers + trade demand). Strikes at the core of anti-Lakers sentiment and anti-labor. Remember, the owners thought the supermax would keep labor in one location, but it hasn't worked out particularly in AD's case.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject:

I don’t mind the lakers trading for stars either. But I agree with others that it should’ve been done quietly - maybe tell NO during discussions that if the proposal gets leaked we pull it from the table and deny it ever happened.

IMHO I think we would’ve had more success if we had Jerry West.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:19 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Moral of the story - stop trying to build teams with young talent then ruining all of that by bringing in a player with a win-now mentality. They will never mix.

See: Bron and LA, Kyrie and Boston, Butler and Minny.

Just doesn't work. Either go all in on the youth movement and bring in only vets who know they are role players, or trade all the youth movement for good pieces to go around the new stars.

Didn't we go all in on a youth movement for 4 years which yielded...not much.

The real problem IMO was not getting a 2nd star with LBJ via FA, and now they're trying to get one via trade (which recent history with PG/KL/AD has shown is going to be met with significant resistance).

Yes - if we had gotten PG as well, we definitely would be a in a better spot, but in that scenario, we would cease "building around" the youth - meaning we likely wouldn't be counting on the young guys as much, they'd likely either be role players whose development as "main pieces" would be stunted or trade bait for better veteran role players. BI wouldn't even have time to try and carry the scoring load if PG were here, he'd have been the first player shipped out.

Also - we did go all in on a youth movement for 4 years, then scrapped all of that when we traded away DLo for cap space (granted the MozDeng deals were probably the start of the death of the youth movement because jeebus wtf were they thinking). Remember, youth movement won't pay off until 4-6 years down the road because it takes that long for them to actually develop. As many have pointed out already, if we had kept DLo and Randle, we'd probably have a pretty exciting and competitive team right now.

They weren't "wrong" IMO to have a 2 max plan (which coincidentally was Mitch/Jim's plan). I think trading for a star is just so difficult b/c of the Lakers baggage with other teams.

I think missing 5 years of playoffs really irked the ownership. It is what it is, but under no circumstances could the team wait another 2-3 years for them to possibly make the playoffs (and then you have to re-sign them to deals too).

Because the ownership believed that good things would continue to happen for the Lakers such as these from the past.

1. Pick that became Magic

2. Pick that became Worthy

3. Signing a top player like Shaq

4. Sneak up on the league and draft another way undervalued prospect (Kobe)

Why the past is not a good predictor of the future:

1. Draft pick compensation such as what happened to get the pick for Magic is no longer part of the NBA system.

2. They didn't take advantage of the Nets when Billy King was loose & sloppy with draft picks.

3. Shaq was in his his mid 20's when he signed with the Lakers and LeBron is in his mid 30's.

4. The rules have changed so that going directly from high school to the NBA takes a very unique set of circumstances. Youtube and social media in general weren't around in the mid 90's, but times have changed and now it is easy to access videos and information about high school players. Sneaking up on the rest of the league like they did with getting Kobe is much much more difficult to do.

The playoffs haven't been happening for a while. Instead of accepting that some of the edges/advantages of the past are no longer available, they still think that good things will happen soon for the Lakers like they did in past decades.
non of what you just typed has anything to do with what we're dealing with. it's a new era of media meaning all transactions are going to be put out there for all to see. you can't play poker with everyone knowing your hand. it doesnt work well that way. And you have this disdain for the lakers that started with the cp3 nixed deal that has continued. The hate is stronger than I have ever seen. The nba teams are more or less colluding to keep the lakers from making deals on their terms. so it means we will almost always have to over pay and in the process of the dealing our current roster will be mentally shot due to all the info saying they are doing to be traded. I would sue the league if I were Jeanie. We gave them a pass for that nixed deal. I have no more passes to give. We have Coach Pop on record i believe telling Demps not to trade us AD.

Quote:

non of what you just typed has anything to do with what we're dealing with. it's a new era of media meaning all transactions are going to be put out there for all to see. you can't play poker with everyone knowing your hand. it doesnt work well that way.

It is no secret that LeBron has a group of friends that are riding his coattails.

LeBron James' friends are seeing success,too

Quote:
There have been plenty of "pinch me" moments for LeBron James and his buddies-turned-business partners as they've gone from kids growing up in poverty-stricken neighborhoods in Northeast Ohio to living the good life. They've spent time with President Obama, developed a television series loosely based on their lives, and they've been recognized for being young leaders in their field. James has brought childhood friends Maverick Carter, Randy Mims and Rich Paul along for the ride as he has crossed over from basketball phenom to renaissance man, experiencing success in everything from acting to investing. And now his pals are starting to experience acclaim of their own. Carter was a guest speaker at the Harvard Business School on Tuesday to share the story behind LRMR, the firm that James established with his friends in 2005 to manage all the marketing and business opportunities that came his way. Illustrating how James' crew supports one another to this day, after Carter posted a photo speaking to the Harvard students on his Twitter account, Mims and James posted a collage of photos depicting Carter playing professor to their respective Instagram accounts. "I think it's pretty cool the professors there would even allow Maverick and allow us to use our case study for their students," James said Wednesday, alluding to the case study that Harvard professors Anita Elberse and Jeff McCall published in 2009 about James and his friends' business venture. "To be at Harvard and to be very respected there, it's a true definition of continuing to learn over the years, continue to push the envelope, push the boundaries of what we can do not only on the floor but off the floor." When James fired agent Aaron Goodwin in 2005 and subsequently established LRMR, there were plenty of naysayers. James heard the same criticism in 2012 when he parted ways with agent Leon
Rose and put Paul in place as his primary representative. Meanwhile, James
has nothing but praise for the way his friends, and Carter in particular, have
managed his career. "I think he's handled it the best way he could handle a situation like this," James said. "It's a rare case of me being the person I am both basketball player and off the floor. We've all learned, we've had bumps and bruises along the way, but it has only made us stronger and made us who we are today. "About 12 years ago when I decided to part ways with my agent, there were 150 million articles about how I was making a mistake to hire the people around me that I trusted -- Maverick, Rich and Randy -- and start LRMR and how everything would fall to pieces. Those pieces have made a beautiful portrait at this point."

There weren't many good landing places for KCP when he needed a contract in summer 2017. Yet, Magic & Pelinka cut Nwaba so there would be a bit more cap space to give KCP a larger contract. Instead of being shrewd negotiators and working to keep Nwaba, they were already ingratiating themselves with Rich Paul and by extension his friend LeBron.

I don't recall any leaks and negotiating via the media for recent trades such as

* Harris to Philadelphia

* Barnes to Sacramento

* Porzingis to Dallas

You are looking strictly at the trade negotiations while I am stepping back
and looking at the bigger picture of what has happened so far.

Rich Paul

1. Was working independently when he went to the media about Davis wanting to go to LA.

2. Worked at the request of LeBron about getting things going and have Magic get dragged into a pursuit of Davis.

3. Worked at the request of Magic and LeBron about getting things going with the belief that the Pelicans FO could get bullied into a favorable trade now rather than having to compete with Boston in the summer.

There is a small handful of people that know the behind the scenes machinations for the recent stuff between LA and New Orleans and it will take a while for the truth to come out. Rich Paul and maybe LeBron and Magic made a miscalculation on how New Orleans would react once the decision was made to go to the media with a request/desire for Davis to come to LA.

You are lamenting about other teams not being interested in trading their 4 - 5 carat diamonds for the 1 -2 carat diamonds that the Lakers are offering. It is a philosophy very similar to that of Dr Buss.

Quote:

“Dr. Buss patiently listened to the demands of Kobe and his agent…During one of those meetings Dr. Buss said to Kobe, if I had a diamond of great value 4 or 5 carats would I give up that diamond for 4 diamonds of 1 carat? No…He prevailed and we won 2 more championships.”\

It is no secret that Magic's approach to team building relies heavily on having top talent. Instead of putting a strong player development program in place, there has been severe neglect and there is constant fussing in the game threads about things not being close to optimal in developing players.

Since the youth aren't progressing as expected/needed, they have to go get talent from other teams if they are going to make any significant progress on a turnaround within LeBron's window.

Brooklyn was in bad shape from the terrible trades with Boston, Portland etc, yet they have a strong player development program in place and currently have a better record at 29 -27. I realize that LeBron has missed games, but Brooklyn has only average to over the hill journeymen (Ed Davis, Carroll, Dudley etc) helping their kids.

If other things in the organization were close to optimal such as player development, then they wouldn't be so needy and have to depend on getting talent from other teams.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

I think it’s possible to make a trade without it being a (bleep) storm
Relatively quiet

Look at how Dallas got Porzingis
Apparently it was negotiated over weeks

So no, i don’t think every trade has to be done this way

This is Rich Paul being an (bleep)
And Magic being over zealous
And sorry but Lebron does this eveywhere he goes

3 things guaranteed with LBJ comes to town

1) you get a great MVP level player
2) he tries to get the coach fired
3) he tries to get the young players traded for proven stars
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I think it’s possible to make a trade without it being a (bleep) storm
Relatively quiet

Look at how Dallas got Porzingis
Apparently it was negotiated over weeks

So no, i don’t think every trade has to be done this way

This is Rich Paul being an (bleep)
And Magic being over zealous
And sorry but Lebron does this eveywhere he goes

3 things guaranteed with LBJ comes to town

1) you get a great MVP level player
2) he tries to get the coach fired
3) he tries to get the young players traded for proven stars

I just don't think asking politely/quietly is any different.

Windhorst said the Pels were out to shame/embarrass the Lakers. How do you deal with teams that operate like this?

This is the 2nd time a trade deal with NO has ended badly for the Lakers.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

You don't leave anything off the table if it's an opportunity to get better. Unfortunately Lakers have not been successful in signing free agents since 2013 until Lebron.

Now the plan is to try to trade for AD, which is ruining team chemistry, or wait until 2020, which would still be negative for team chemistry since Lakers will do 1 year deals again.

Lakers are not in a good spot until our young guys develop into better players.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

0/3 in trades for a big star.

Shall we try this again this summer?
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
0/3 in trades for a big star.

Shall we try this again this summer?

Who is the most low key star in league on a team with a good relationship with the Lakers?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Moral is don’t try to force a trade for a star.

Go after all-stars such as Beal or Kemba on the downlow.

Agreed.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed.

No one's going to help us. That's why cap space will likely be the only way to get a star here. We got one. Just need one more!
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed.

No one's going to help us. That's why cap space will likely be the only way to get a star here. We got one. Just need one more!

I'm worried that Maginka don't have a good relationship with agents (outside of Klutch obviously) on top of not appearing to have any friends in other FOs. And have you heard a peep out of anybody in the last few months about us being on any upcoming FA's wishlist? By all accounts, we don't even appear to be on radar for some of these guys, and it's going to take an epic 180 degree turn for the franchise's public image and a few damn successful meetings in free agency to convince them otherwise.

This summer is put up or shut up time for Magic, especially, and knowing how he and Rob have dealt with that kind of pressure (most of it self-inflicted) lately, I'm not optimistic. Pretty freakin' terrified, actually.
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed.

I'm worried that Maginka don't have a good relationship with agents (outside of Klutch obviously) on top of not appearing to have any friends in other FOs. And have you heard a peep out of anybody in the last few months about us being on any upcoming FA's wishlist? By all accounts, we don't even appear to be on radar for some of these guys, and it's going to take an epic 180 degree turn for the franchise's public image and a few damn successful meetings in free agency to convince them otherwise.

This summer is put up or shut up time for Magic, especially, and knowing how he and Rob have dealt with that kind of pressure (most of it self-inflicted) lately, I'm not optimistic. Pretty freakin' terrified, actually.

One advantage of the Lakers is the brand and it will take a lot more than this to make it undesirable, but I think the issue is finding superstar FAs that are willing to be a sidekick to LeBron even if that's not want LeBron says he wants or treats them.

AD clearly is ok with it. Maybe Kyrie. KD sounds like he wants to be the alpha dog. Kawhi - I think he does too. PG - I don't know what happened there, but maybe he felt like he was on a equal footing with Russ.

Maybe the other thing is just the age difference between LeBron and most of these FAs. Even though it's not that big of a gap it's still that big enough that you can get that brother/little brother thing.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:37 pm    Post subject:

F This, the moral of the story is that all the small market owners are conspiring against us. We can't sign a FA without the league stepping in and can't trade without the small market owners conspiring against us. Lets sell the team to the slums of Chicago and move on. F the NBA!!!!!
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
F This, the moral of the story is that all the small market owners are conspiring against us. We can't sign a FA without the league stepping in and can't trade without the small market owners conspiring against us. Lets sell the team to the slums of Chicago and move on. F the NBA!!!!!
Jeanie needs pull a Jerry Jones. Hate letting the garbage small markets bully us. Cp3 veto was directly influenced by those bastards
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:47 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed.

The we should focus on our young guys instead of trading it away for cap space.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Where is that guy that was swinging on Tatum's jock and clowning Kuzma when I said "Kuzma was a scorer"
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed.

I am not sure about this. I think it is more about the other teams don’t like players forcing their way to the Lakers. We did make trade with nets and cavs.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

Another thing that is slaying me is that we are getting ripped in the press for getting owned, while the press is the one who set us up for the tampering accusations. Then on top of it, the Clippers are clearly tanking and basically doing what we were doing the past two years.

While they are ripping us for getting owned, they are praising the genius of the Clippers to be creating cap space so they can sign two max FA's next year. The small market owners are going to deal with them, just to F us. The irony of it all is enough to make me go crazy.

We never treated other teams with disrespect, they are hating on us and trying to diminish us because they are jealous of us. It is reprehensible, it is a way to act that I would teach my children not to do. The way to other teams and the league are treating us is an abomination to Jerry Buss. Very disrespectful to a man and his family who did so much for this league. Don't forget how supportive of the league he was on revenue sharing, etc.

Also, throw in the Indiana fans trolling BI.

As fans go, I have always wanted to treat other teams, not named the Celtics, with respect, but I am finding myself wanting to start dishing the crap right back at them. I now find myself wanting to beat down the whole league and make them suffer for 50 years. No prisoners. I also think that if the Lakers FO could start working against some this krap, I would get behind it 100%.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Agreed.

I am not sure about this. I think it is more about the other teams don’t like players forcing their way to the Lakers. We did make trade with nets and cavs.

That’s my point. For stars who want to be traded to the Lakers it’s not happening.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
This AD saga exposed how ridiculously influential social media is and how it literally affects transactions.

WOJ is so blatantly working on behalf of the Pels/Celts and it's funny seeing guys like Mannix be called out for blatant carrying of Celts water.

But it is the climate the Lakers live in. There is a hefty Lakers tax when trading for a star, especially one that has the balls to demand a trade. It's like offending owners twice (Lakers + trade demand). Strikes at the core of anti-Lakers sentiment and anti-labor. Remember, the owners thought the supermax would keep labor in one location, but it hasn't worked out particularly in AD's case.
i agree with the above. but it has worked out for owners. How long has AD been a pelican? 7 years. ummm...thats a long time. I dont have to stay with you FOREVER even though you have never shown me you really care about winning enough to spend that money to get/keep very good to great players. I didnt even make the allstar team via the votes this time due to a lack of marketing on your behalf. so what its NO. You know where you are, you know how hard you have to market the one lone ranger superstar you have. and you chose not to put that work in. Thats on you. and you should reap those negative benefits of making those choices. thats why your star wants out. The clutch sports thing just gave AD a destination. but he's been thinking about bouncing since last season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

I do agree with the counterpoint that if we had better assets, it may be a different story.

But we've seen trades consummated for stars that didn't include bona fide assets. DIPO/Sabonis was widely panned as a failure for the Pacers b/c DIPO was being salary dumped by OKC, for example.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
Another thing that is slaying me is that we are getting ripped in the press for getting owned, while the press is the one who set us up for the tampering accusations. Then on top of it, the Clippers are clearly tanking and basically doing what we were doing the past two years.

While they are ripping us for getting owned, they are praising the genius of the Clippers to be creating cap space so they can sign two max FA's next year. The small market owners are going to deal with them, just to F us. The irony of it all is enough to make me go crazy.

We never treated other teams with disrespect, they are hating on us and trying to diminish us because they are jealous of us. It is reprehensible, it is a way to act that I would teach my children not to do. The way to other teams and the league are treating us is an abomination to Jerry Buss. Very disrespectful to a man and his family who did so much for this league. Don't forget how supportive of the league he was on revenue sharing, etc.

Also, throw in the Indiana fans trolling BI.

As fans go, I have always wanted to treat other teams, not named the Celtics, with respect, but I am finding myself wanting to start dishing the crap right back at them. I now find myself wanting to beat down the whole league and make them suffer for 50 years. No prisoners. I also think that if the Lakers FO could start working against some this krap, I would get behind it 100%.

exactly. but the clippers are tanking but they are not doing what we were doing. they are pulling a 6ers Process move. they are dismantling their team to tank on purpose and to free up cap space. the lakers have never done that. we just sucked once kobe kept getting injured at the end of his career and we refused to be mediocre and sign a bunch of 3rd tier and a 2nd tier player like a Tobias harris(who i like). the clippers signed him, lou will, etc. and looked good early and the truth set in late and they started free walling in the west. Jerry west said its a new day tank like the 6ers especially since we know for a fact that we have new era soft stars that are afraid of the laker scrutiny so they would still like to be in Los Angeles, and that means the clippers will become their soft landing spot.

If kawhi goes there. they are going to talk about how smart jerry west and the clippers are even though it has nothing to do with smarts. if players already put out there they want to come to your team and your move all high players out to create space and you know they are afraid of being a laker. of course they will go to the clippers. they just said they would. you dont get credit for that. you didnt do anything "but he created cap space" how hard was that when he had good players that were not on their last legs. the lakers had to flip upcoming kids to get rid of the mosgov contract and had to make special moves to stretch deng. no one wants mos or deng to be honest. sure they are playing on other teams but i'm saying neither of them are young ballers like a Tobias harris.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: