Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Who cares ... it’s a business!

It may cost us a few more wins (2-3) because of low morale and we may end up missing the playoffs or finishing 8th (which is the same thing) because of this fiasco
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

They're probably going to side-eye LeBron. At the start of the season LeBron was definitely hyping the young core up but I'm sure Magic and Pelinka are going to get the approval from him before completing any trade imo

Doubt it affects their play though
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

Of course it effects their morale and motivation.

Your boss tells you he has extreme confidence in you at staff mtgs but is openly looking to replace you all the time. How would it not effect anyone? Even a professional athlete who knows it is a business.

Magic's insistence on playing for headlines all the time is a morale killer IMO. His pattern of hyping one plan or player then losing interest on the next shiny new toy is erratic and damaging to team chemistry.

Why would this team play for one another and sacrifice in any way. They are halfway out the door at any given moment.

Curious how many of you are staying in a marriage where your spouse tells you they love you but constantly "looking" for something better. Will it make it all better that you should be flattered that you got replaced by someone better looking and makes more money?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

It better impact them.. In a "light a fire" kinda way!
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
It better impact them.. In a "light a fire" kinda way!

"Light a fire" movitation gos away after 1-2 games. Chemistry issues will gradually take over
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

Well right now it’s only ignited Lavar Ball.

Lonzo doesn’t want to be here anymore
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

It'll affect them if they're a bunch of snowflakes, welcome to the (bleep) NBA where if you're not one of the premier individuals in this league, your name is going to be thrown around in trades.

Get (bleep) used to it.
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

PengShow wrote:
It'll affect them if they're a bunch of snowflakes, welcome to the (bleep) NBA where if you're not one of the premier individuals in this league, your name is going to be thrown around in trades.

Get (bleep) used to it.

oh god.. Not another Trumpeter with the "snowflake" comments
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
PengShow wrote:

Get (bleep) used to it.

oh god.. Not another Trumpeter with the "snowflake" comments

I'm not even from the US, so I could give two flying (bleep) about your precious president.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Everyone talks about the impact of our players, but I'm thinking once the trade deadlines over everyone in Boston but Kyrie will be in the same boat? Danny's come out and has literally put everyone on the table
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I think the players understand it's for AD so hopefully not.
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

The way I see it:

You're in Los Angeles playing for the Lakers organization who wants to go to the playoffs and compete for championships. You play up every night and show off how valuable you are to the team and hope to stay.

OR

You grovel and refuse to try because you were in the trade rumors. Thus you get shipped off to some remote corner of the country for peanuts and wonder why you left LA.

It is up to the players to decide their future at this point.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Of course it effects their morale and motivation.

Your boss tells you he has extreme confidence in you at staff mtgs but is openly looking to replace you all the time. How would it not effect anyone? Even a professional athlete who knows it is a business.

Magic's insistence on playing for headlines all the time is a morale killer IMO. His pattern of hyping one plan or player then losing interest on the next shiny new toy is erratic and damaging to team chemistry.

Why would this team play for one another and sacrifice in any way. They are halfway out the door at any given moment.

Curious how many of you are staying in a marriage where your spouse tells you they love you but constantly "looking" for something better. Will it make it all better that you should be flattered that you got replaced by someone better looking and makes more money?

This is ridiculous. Looking to replace them all the time? Constantly looking for something better? That is not the case here at all.

These young guys are not being offered up on a silver platter to whoever will take them. But what happened was two very unique situations came up, where two of the top 5 players in the world were unexpectedly made available for trade. It would be idiotic to not try to use your assets to acquire them. If the young players can't understand that, then they're going to have a long, hard road ahead of them when it comes to the business of the NBA.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

It's part of being an NBA player and something they must learn to deal with. Even great players have been traded, so no need to take it personal.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:44 pm    Post subject:

It will definitely affect them. They're young kids, they're not particularly strong mentally as we have seen in numerous games this season.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to guess that none of them looks at LeBron with that little brother star struck fandom again.
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

even if this trade proposal doesnt impact our players, the picture right now is terrible. FO lost control, lavar rips Luke, veterans rip Luke, Luke is smiling and on the top of that we just been refused the most laughable trade proposal in the history. To my eyes this is chavoc
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
even if this trade proposal doesnt impact our players, the picture right now is terrible. FO lost control, lavar rips Luke, veterans rip Luke, Luke is smiling and on the top of that we just been refused the most laughable trade proposal in the history. To my eyes this is chavoc

chavoc == chaotic + havoc? Nice!

It ain't bad! Trades happen (or fail) all the time.. No big deal. Professionals move on.

Please note that the veterans ripping Luke is a different thing that just happend around the time of the trade talks. If anything, i expect Luke to have better control of his rotations.

My glass is half full!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:44 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:

The circus continues. Seems like it's been this way in Lakerland for at least a decade, maybe more.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

These emotional, softy millennial kids will pout the rest of the season. This sucks.

These kids will be like "aw lakers dont want us. Aw. Pelicans don't want us as well. Woe is me. "

Mental midgets, I tell you.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:48 pm    Post subject:

3peat_pete wrote:
These emotional, softy millennial kids will pout the rest of the season. This sucks.

These kids will be like "aw lakers dont want us. Aw. Pelicans don't want us as well. Woe is me. "

Mental midgets, I tell you.

Probably shouldn’t judge them based off of your own guess on how they’ll react. Let’s see how they actually act first.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:49 pm    Post subject:

most people do not like uncertainty or lack of controlling their environment.....so I am sure none of them enjoy the rumors, etc....that said, and I have always thought that Brandon would not really be upset about getting traded depending on where it was to, etc. I do not get the feeling he is all that impressed with Hollywood, Magic, Lebron and the whole current Lakers package.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:
The way I see it:

You're in Los Angeles playing for the Lakers organization who wants to go to the playoffs and compete for championships. You play up every night and show off how valuable you are to the team and hope to stay.

OR

You grovel and refuse to try because you were in the trade rumors. Thus you get shipped off to some remote corner of the country for peanuts and wonder why you left LA.

We saw what happened when the Lakers wanted to trade Pau, Odom,etc ...anybody who says it doesn't affect them isn't human.
3peat_pete
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Sytze wrote:
The way I see it:

OR

We saw what happened when the Lakers wanted to trade Pau, Odom,etc ...anybody who says it doesn't affect them isn't human.

Amen. And those were grown men. We're talking about softy millennials here. Kuzma is already stinking it up even before the trade rumors went full blown. Lonzo, I assume, is already giving great footage for his TV show right now on how affected he is.
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Is Kuzma gonna shoot 3s even worse?
Is Lonzo gonna make fewer free throws?
Ingram gonna go on a hunger strike?

IT’S A BUSINESS!!!!!
If you really think it’s a family/ for the love of game then don’t cash the checks.

This should make them all better/ work harder. If it doesn’t then they failed the test and now we know we don’t need them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: