Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject: Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?

Honestly so much speculation going around it has to be hard on these young guys? Failed trade cost us Odom.. could a trade not happening impact these young guys? I mean you can tell them we offered you for a very good player but still...

Hopefully this doesn’t bite us by killing our youths wanting to be here.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:17 pm    Post subject:

LO is a lot more sensitive then our young guys and he had a lot going on at the time.

Must suck to come into work knowing the FO is basically trying to ship their ass out but then again they get paid millions so can't be too bad lol
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

I think Kuz has a good mentality - says it means people want you. That's a good attitude to have

Lonzo doesn't matter, he's out for the year anyway

Ingram looks like it's fired him up

Beasley ... prob means he's gonna take a swing at Luke

Probably won't be as much mucking around as maybe a bit more professionalism?
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
I think Kuz has a good mentality - says it means people want you. That's a good attitude to have

Lonzo doesn't matter, he's out for the year anyway

Ingram looks like it's fired him up

Beasley ... prob means he's gonna take a swing at Luke

Probably won't be as much mucking around as maybe a bit more professionalism?

If Beas takes a swing, it'll probably be good for everyone concerned!
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

i don't think so.

Kuz has that mercenary mentality, whoever pays him he'll play hard for them

Ingram probably welcome a change of scenery, as playing alongside of LeBron not necessarily mean a good thing for him

Zo just don't care seems like. his dad cares, but i don't think Zo cares
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

It should be draining to have your name out there, they're only human.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Who cares ... it’s a business!
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know if it will. But in my opinion, they should use it as motivation, an “I’ll show you” type mindset.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Honestly so much speculation going around it has to be hard on these young guys? Failed trade cost us Odom.. could a trade not happening impact these young guys? I mean you can tell them we offered you for a very good player but still...

Ball, Ingram and Kuzma have been hearing their names in trade rumors for a year. It's nothing new. If they can't handle it, they are going to have rough NBA careers, because most players end up being traded at least once.
quartzcharm
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Yes.
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Hard to know. LO was a unique case considering his circumstances, his background, etc.

It has often been said that the current generation of young players are more sensitive in general. But yet, the Lakers have seemed to draft players that have a tougher streak. Or at least that's the impression I get.... Except for BI who can seem particularly emo at times.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Being traded for anthony davis is different than being moved for a trade exception.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Yes, it will, temporarily. But they’ll absorb the lesson and grow from it.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Being traded for anthony davis is different than being moved for a trade exception.

I’m sure they all wanna be Lakers but it’s not like a slap in the face to be mentioned in an AD trade. These guys realize how good he is.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Of course not. These guys have shown us every step of the way that they rise to the occasion. They beat teams they're supposed to beat when Lebron was injured, and they hit free throws when it matters................ Is something I wish I could say about this group.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?

RusselDoeee01 wrote:

I dunno...

If Magic was smiling in your face every day, talking about how you're the future, and will break his records, and calling you untouchable one minute, and then at the first sign was willing to sell you and everyone else up the river.

Would it effect you?

tony wrote:
LO is a lot more sensitive then our young guys and he had a lot going on at the time.

basically one year after LO showed tremendous loyalty to the Lakers by sticking around when he could have went to Miami and being told how much of a value he was to the team, they traded him without even telling him.

Remember the verbal shalacking that Mitch and Jim got for that? For trading LO without telling despite telling him how valued he was a year earlier, and the loyalty and class he'd shown the organization? How it was deemed a lack of loyalty and something Jerry Buss would never do if he was still able to run things like usual?

Yeah, Lakers fans back then cared about stuff like that.

Nowadays they bash the contract they gave Kobe out of loyalty, and don't give a darn if Magic smiles in the youngsters faces one minute and sells them up the river the next.

But things change as the generations change I guess. Different things get prioritized.

Last edited by MJST on Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Of course not. These guys have shown us every step of the way that they rise to the occasion. They beat teams they're supposed to beat when Lebron was injured, and they hit free throws when it matters................ Is something I wish I could say about this group.

They beat OKC and Mavs away though. Kyrie and Love had a even worse record when Bron was out. So considering everything, kids did alright before ZO's injury without Bron and even Rondo.
ignardlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject:

it eventually got to randle, Pau and likely these youngsters too....
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I’m sure they all wanna be Lakers but it’s not like a slap in the face to be mentioned in an AD trade. These guys realize how good he is.

Yup. Pride comes into play when you get Melo’d, or moved for an expiring, or in a salary dump.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

They beat OKC and Mavs away though. Kyrie and Love had a even worse record when Bron was out. So considering everything, kids did alright before ZO's injury without Bron and even Rondo.

They also lost to the lowly Knicks and Cavs, what's your point.

The kids right now are all at a lottery level, they've shown nothing to suggest they'd be good for a winning record in the NBA.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?

MJST wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

I dunno...

If Magic was smiling in your face every day, talking about how you're the future, and will break his records, and calling you untouchable one minute, and then at the first sign was willing to sell you and everyone else up the river.

Would it effect you?

tony wrote:

basically one year after LO showed tremendous loyalty to the Lakers by sticking around when he could have went to Miami and being told how much of a value he was to the team, they traded him without even telling him.

Remember the verbal shalacking that Mitch and Jim got for that? For trading LO without telling despite telling him how valued he was a year earlier, and the loyalty and class he'd shown the organization? How it was deemed a lack of loyalty and something Jerry Buss would never do if he was still able to run things like usual?

Nowadays they bash the contract they gave Kobe out of loyalty, and don't give a darn if Magic smiles in the youngsters faces one minute and sells them up the river the next.

But things change as the generations change I guess. Different things get prioritized.

Except Dr. Buss was still alive when the LO trade happened. But yeah.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?

Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

I dunno...

Would it effect you?

tony wrote:

He was and the goal was to get him tied with the Celtics while he was alive.
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject:

I think they will. In fact I can forsee a big loss the next game. They are still kids no matter what jobs they are doing or how much they earn.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Will trade rumors impact players if no deal made?

venturalakersfan wrote:
Judah wrote:
MJST wrote:
RusselDoeee01 wrote:

I dunno...

Would it effect you?

tony wrote:

He was and the goal was to get him tied with the Celtics while he was alive.

Jerry was still alive, but people had started down "Jim and Mitch are the problem and aren't Dr. Buss" once Mike Brown was hired and the "U DUN GOOFED" meme came after, because fans wanted Brian Shaw to be our next coach.

Remember Odom was still here when Mike Brown was hired for a little, because his son was excited to meet him so he could potentially hook him up with a Kardashian sister
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

lakersfan8 wrote:
I think they will. In fact I can forsee a big loss the next game. They are still humans no matter what jobs they are doing or how much they earn.

+1
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: