Jorge Sedano: If NBA teams conitnue to blackball Lakers, then Jeanie should go after revenue sharing.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Cowherd on his radio show just said that he has been told that NO is under intense pressure from around the league to not trade AD to the Lakers, no matter the offer.

This is some B*** S***. Jeanie needs to grow a pair and start throwing her weight around as the owner of the premier franchise in the league. Can you imagine if teams were trying to pull this s*** on Jerry Jones? They guy would never allow it.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Jeanie needs to step up like a true mother of dragons and publicly call out petty jealous owners for sabotaging our trade efforts
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:31 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Cowherd on his radio show just said that he has been told that NO is under intense pressure from around the league to not trade AD to the Lakers, no matter the offer.

This is some B*** S***. Jeanie needs to grow a pair and start throwing her weight around as the owner of the premier franchise in the league. Can you imagine if teams were trying to pull this s*** on Jerry Jones? They guy would never allow it.

we continue to get piled on since the veto. What Jeanie really deserves is like a makeup call where these complaining owners (gilbert, cuban, pop) are required to use their resources (three/four team trade) to get us a star to get back in contention. THis is like a 20 year sentence before we recover from this.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

we continue to get piled on since the veto. What Jeanie really deserves is like a makeup call where these complaining owners (gilbert, cuban, pop) are required to use their resources (three/four team trade) to get us a star to get back in contention. THis is like a 20 year sentence before we recover from this.

Jeannie's revenge is that her team is - by far - the most profitable team in the NBA, year in and year out, whether they're great or in the lottery.

The flip side to revenue sharing is that the NBA is a partnership of 30 owners and she needs those partners to be viable financially. I am old enough to remember the collapse of the WFL, the ABA, the USFL and a dozen minor leagues. If her partners fail, the Lakers literally will have no one to play. So rather than her team making $350MM and the Bucks losing $15MM, the Lakers will make $275MM and the Bucks will make a modest $10MM.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

This sounds like BS to me. I mean, Dan Gilbert it the first guy to complain but he was happy to make a trade with us when it was in his interest to do so. So was Mark Cuban. And on and on. I can't see why NO would care about "intense pressure" from other teams.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

This sounds like BS to me. I mean, Dan Gilbert it the first guy to complain but he was happy to make a trade with us when it was in his interest to do so. So was Mark Cuban. And on and on. I can't see why NO would care about "intense pressure" from other teams.

But hey that’s not tampering or collusion right?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:41 am    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:

Sounds like collusion, call Mueller (800-mueller).
TrueBlueLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

I agree. It's definitely a conversation worth having when teams (Spurs) are calling other teams to tell them not to trade with us. I wonder if that could be considered collusion?
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

TrueBlueLakers wrote:
I agree. It's definitely a conversation worth having when teams (Spurs) are calling other teams to tell them not to trade with us. I wonder if that could be considered collusion?

if it's reported as such, then Lakers should definitely file some grievance against it. if nothing else, it'll scare off any future occurrences. hopefully they can force the league to dish out some punishment on that "model franchise" spurs.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

small, insignificant trades don't count. when it comes to game changing trades, they will come out and say something. but in this particular case i don't think Gilbert and Cuban are behind it, it is Popovich and him only. he's still bitter from the KL departure.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Marcellus Wiley said the same thing on FS1 just now that the teams have decided to freeze out the Lakers on big trades ever since the CP3 trade. Jeanie has to do something about this, it's no longer an option not to.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Marcellus Wiley said the same thing on FS1 just now that the teams have decided to freeze out the Lakers on big trades ever since the CP3 trade. Jeanie has to do something about this, it's no longer an option not to.

wow even the big time Laker hater Marcellus Wiley is sharing the same sentiment. but knowing the "classy" Buss family, they gonna just bend over and take it as usual. however the mental image of Jeanie bending over taking it had me excited LOL.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
TrueBlueLakers wrote:

if it's reported as such, then Lakers should definitely file some grievance against it. if nothing else, it'll scare off any future occurrences. hopefully they can force the league to dish out some punishment on that "model franchise" spurs.

It wouldnt be collusion if Pop was just giving his input or opinion.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

The problem is how do you prove collusion or "blackballing"? Every owner around the league can say they got a better deal (despite receiving an obviously worse one) from another team.

She should go straight to Adam Silver to try to get a "behind closed doors" agreement with the other owners with a threat to end/reduce revenue sharing if there is no good faith effort made to deal with the Lakers. We're not asking them to bend over for us, but, at least, deal with us on the same playing field as other teams.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

She should do what Jerry Jones did in the 90s, get competing sponsors that are competing against the NBA's sponsors. In the 90s, Coca Cola was the sponsor of the NFL, but Jones got Pepsi to be the official sponsor of the Cowboys and kept all the revenue.

The NFL tried to stop him, he sued the league and won. Ever since then NFL doesn't mess with him like that, DAL even has their own merchandise deal and etc.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
The problem is how do you prove collusion or "blackballing"? Every owner around the league can say they got a better deal (despite receiving an obviously worse one) from another team.

She should go straight to Adam Silver to try to get a "behind closed doors" agreement with the other owners with a threat to end/reduce revenue sharing if there is no good faith effort made to deal with the Lakers. We're not asking them to bend over for us, but, at least, deal with us on the same playing field as other teams.

you think she's gonna do that? hell no, she's perfectly content of taking in her family's share of the profit, typical mom and pop ownership mentality, don't rock the boat if money still coming in.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:

3 problems:

1 - The National TV money and merchandising money goes to the league and they write the checks to the teams, so I'm guessing the Lakers get something like $90 million from the NBA. If their revenue sharing payment is $60 million, they cannot withhold it - the league takes it off the top.

2 - The NBA has joint venture agreement with all of the owners. If the Lakers violate it, the league can seize the franchise and buy the owners out (it's happened in the NBA/NFL/MLB and Pro Soccer).

3 - There's very little money to be made and plenty to be lost by engaging in a fight over principles. Moreover - the Buss family has been in the NBA for 40 years - they helped to write most of the rules and Jeanie is one of the most senior members of the Board of Governors. Getting into a pissing contest when you make the most money and have a gigantic part of the say is just idiotic. We fans want to win now. The owners want to win, too - after they make money.
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Polarbear wrote:
The Lebrons wrote:
Ya, this is quite a stupid opinion and just another reason why people hate the Lakers. How anyone could think that is a "smart" idea is quite sad.

What refusal to do business with the Lakers? Not accepting lowball offers on PG13 and Kawhi (PG13 would have been a Laker if we included BI). Now New Orleans is "refusing" to trade Antohny Davis for our prospects while being absolutely bullied by AD and Lebron's agent (in possibly an unprecedented manner)? Because we're entitled to AD? Of course they don't want to send him here. If our package was better we'd have him.

"and this is why people hate the laters"

No...and a stupid take....because Jeanie in fact does NOT do this.....so there is no reason to hate the lakers for it.

People hate the lakers because they are the most winning franchise in NBA history......and nobody wants to help us because they dont want to see the Lakers dominating the league again.

No, second most, not most. They don't hate the green clad winningest team as much as us!!!!
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:06 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
TrueBlueLakers wrote:

It wouldnt be collusion if Pop was just giving his input or opinion.

Yeah, this is not a collusion, but it is ok to have a league wide accusation of LBJ and the Lakers colluding with Rich Paul to get AD here (with no evidence whatsoever).
statyin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
D-Shiznit wrote:

It is not on team level, it is personal. Not the Pelicans under immense pressure, its Dell Demps who was under the pressure not to trade with us. Teams are basically saying, do not send AD to us, otherwise you risk losing your job and you will likely be blacklisted by the rest of the NBA team as well. So tell me if you still wana do this anyway by risking your career if you are Dell Demps?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: