Jorge Sedano: If NBA teams conitnue to blackball Lakers, then Jeanie should go after revenue sharing.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie: I want to bring up revenue sharing!

29 Other Owners: Cool. We like sharing your revenue. What's next on the agenda?
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Ya, this is quite a stupid opinion and just another reason why people hate the Lakers. How anyone could think that is a "smart" idea is quite sad.

What refusal to do business with the Lakers? Not accepting lowball offers on PG13 and Kawhi (PG13 would have been a Laker if we included BI). Now New Orleans is "refusing" to trade Antohny Davis for our prospects while being absolutely bullied by AD and Lebron's agent (in possibly an unprecedented manner)? Because we're entitled to AD? Of course they don't want to send him here. If our package was better we'd have him.

"and this is why people hate the laters"

No...and a stupid take....because Jeanie in fact does NOT do this.....so there is no reason to hate the lakers for it.

People hate the lakers because they are the most winning franchise in NBA history......and nobody wants to help us because they dont want to see the Lakers dominating the league again.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

D-Shiznit wrote:
Treble Clef wrote:
So I guess New Orleans is blackballing 29 teams right now?

Earlier in the week:

Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe of ESPN:

Pelicans general manager Dell Demps has yet to return a call to Lakers GM Rob Pelinka, league sources told ESPN.

Demps is picking up his phone and returning calls — just not from the Lakers, sources said.

Other reports indicate there have been all kinds of offers back and forth. I don't know. Since the Pau trade, the Lakers got Dwight in trade, they got Nash in trade, the Pelicans tried to send Chris Paul here. A bunch of smaller trades for Sessions, Brook Lopez, Isaiah, and so on.

When reports come out about teams not trading in their own conference or not trading to rivals, it is all posturing. Teams will trade with anyone who gives them a deal they like.

I think the Lakers are wisely not offering as much as Brad Turner claims. Davis is hurt so if they gut their team for him and he can't play right away, they may not get enough wins for the playoffs. If the Pelicans don't take a lowball deal now, then the Lakers can wait until after the season and make a bigger offer and use that to attract more free agents.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

If we had Luka Doncic, a deal would have been done I’d guess.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:15 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Everyone was cool with KD joining Steph, Klay and dray but god forbid the Lakers get a star via trade.

No they weren't? People still hate KD to this day because of this and say he ruined the league? What are you talking about???
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Everyone was cool with KD joining Steph, Klay and dray but god forbid the Lakers get a star via trade.

No they weren't? People still hate KD to this day because of this and say he ruined the league? What are you talking about???

Nah the rest of the small market cartels. Granted it was FA but they did not orchestrate anything to stop it (ie push harder for cap smoothing).
SD2Hollyweird
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:18 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It is a little more nuanced than that. KD gets so much crap because he left a team that had the the Warriors down 3-1, then played like a sopping snatch, lost the series, and ran to that team. It isn't as simple as people hating on him ONLY because he went to GS....
I believe that a triangle, if it could speak, would say that God is eminently triangular, and a circle that the divine nature is eminently circular; and thus would every one ascribe his own attributes to God. - Baruch Spinoza
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:51 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I wouldn't trade Luka for AD
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

Well, San Antonio still upset (maybe just Pop) about the Pau trade to the Lakers til today. I don't hear the same anger towards KG to Boston, a gift from one Celtic to another. There maybe some truth to this. But to air it out like this, no bueno
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:05 am    Post subject:

Have no clue what the options could or should be but there is certainly a very vocal contingent of coaches and execs around the league that openly advocating against trading with the Lakers.

At the very least why isn't it a form of tampering. For example if Popovich talks about AD at a press conference it can be construed as tampering and he gets fined. But he can openly advocate against a trade without even a reprimand?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

teams mostdef have blackball us.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Every player openly demands a trade, but none get fined. AD gets fined because it’s speculated that he wants to be a Laker and because RIch Paul is Lebron’s best friend. NBA just needs to get rid of the tampering rule for starters. It’s being done by everyone, but the Lakers are the only ones in recent history getting dinged.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And that’s fine. But don’t you think NO would trade AD for a deal centered around Luka?

My point is they would, and so, I see their reluctance as more a function of the valuation of our assets than collusion.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

And that’s fine. But don’t you think NO would trade AD for a deal centered around Luka?

My point is they would, and so, I see their reluctance as more a function of the valuation of our assets than collusion.

Sure but it's a fact that other teams are telling the Pelicans to not trade with us out of spite.

Boston's package is not infinitely better. The media underrates our assets and overrates those of Boston.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Sure but it's a fact that other teams are telling the Pelicans to not trade with us out of spite.

Boston's package is not infinitely better. The media underrates our assets and overrates those of Boston.

So what? If other teams told the Pelicans not to trade AD for Luka they’d do it anyway as we already agreed would happen.

Whether you think our assets are sufficient is irrelevant. If it was a slam dunk for Demps he would have pulled the trigger. So far, he obviously doesn’t see it that way. Now maybe that makes him a bad GM but that isn’t a crime.
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Yeah, let's use a business tactic (full Jerry Jones) because it's working out so well for that club. Right.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Every player openly demands a trade, but none get fined. AD gets fined because it’s speculated that he wants to be a Laker and because RIch Paul is Lebron’s best friend. NBA just needs to get rid of the tampering rule for starters. It’s being done by everyone, but the Lakers are the only ones in recent history getting dinged.

It's a violation of the collective bargaining agreement for a player to publicly demand a trade or have his agent publicly demanded trade. So when Rich Paul did that, Davis got fined. Typically NBA players leak the news of their trade demand but don't actually attached their name or their agents name to it, so they can't be fined. I might be wrong but I dont remember any on the record trade demands that came directly from Leonard or butler
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Have no clue what the options could or should be but there is certainly a very vocal contingent of coaches and execs around the league that openly advocating against trading with the Lakers.

At the very least why isn't it a form of tampering. For example if Popovich talks about AD at a press conference it can be construed as tampering and he gets fined. But he can openly advocate against a trade without even a reprimand?

I know they were reports that Popovich had a discussion with the Pelicans GM where he advised him not to trade Davis to the Lakers, or not to cave in and take less from the Lakers than he thought Davis was worth. That is in no way against the NBA tampering rules. Has Popovich made any public statements at press conferences about a Davis to Lakers trade?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

What really bothers me is that teams don't want to do fair business with us, but teams like Philly, Cleveland and now maybe NOLA are willing to make trades that help the Celtics win even more titles.

Why is there no hate or resentment around the league towards the Celtics?
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:17 pm    Post subject:

Wilkes52 wrote:
Yeah, let's use a business tactic (full Jerry Jones) because it's working out so well for that club. Right.

They had a pretty good season and have been better than us the last 6 years. Jeanie should let her nuts hang a little bit. We're the premiere franchise of the league and bring in the most global revenue. You refuse to trade with the Lakers because of jealousy then Jeanie should threaten to change the revenue sharing. I'd be willing to bet that a team like New Orleans benefits greatly from that revenue sharing structure of the NBA.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I get why smaller franchises would be unwilling to deal with us and help us be awesome again.

But why TF are they open to dealing with the Celtics? They lead the trophy count and are big time aholes, they should be avoiding them too.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:42 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
I get why smaller franchises would be unwilling to deal with us and help us be awesome again.

But why TF are they open to dealing with the Celtics? They lead the trophy count and are big time aholes, they should be avoiding them too.

Lakers are public enemy #1. Boston is just lower on the list. Even if they're #2, people would rather help them than #1 I guess.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:10 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
What really bothers me is that teams don't want to do fair business with us, but teams like Philly, Cleveland and now maybe NOLA are willing to make trades that help the Celtics win even more titles.

Why is there no hate or resentment around the league towards the Celtics?

Colangelo (Philadelphia) was eventually relieved of his position.

Cleveland was in a bad spot with Irving not wanting out until well into the offseason and it limited the trade options for the Cavs FO.

Billy King (Brooklyn) was eventually relieved of his position.

The Memphis GM (Wallace) needs to go and the owner needs to get it over with.

Doc Rivers is now just a coach instead of being in charge of all basketball operations for the Clippers.

There are still some weak front offices out there, but most have wised up and aren't making bad deals with Ainge.

Unconfirmed, but there was some gossip earlier in the season that Ainge quietly shopped Hayward and couldn't find a deal that he would do.

Ainge had a good run taking advantage of the chumps, but much less so lately.

If the Knicks are able to get Kyrie Irving in free agency, it will be a huge blow to Ainge.
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

Insane counter-offer.

Time for AD to start explaining WHY he wants the trade.

A topic likely strategically avoided to this point.

Stories of his optimism as a rookie leading to signing long-term "in good faith" turned into constant disappointment, realization there is no good-faith and now he's being made the bad guy - even to the point of having togo public in the first place because they didn't even know whats best for them.

Make the story about how they forced his hand to leave.

If he's a "top 5" asset as media calls him now (laker haters trying to semi-justify the offer); then list out the other 4 players and what their organizations have done to realize they have a core piece of a CONTENDER.

I'm all for supporting small market teams, but not for bad small market teams.

Run this POV and create a divide between this bad small market team and good small market franchises. Don't make it so easy for all 28 other teams to back the Pelicans because the narrative is about getting bullied.

There's another 6 years of obviously disappointing history that led to AD choosing to play this specific hand.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject:

About this idea, I don't see how the Lakers could ever be a real threat about changing the scale of revenue sharing. In the end, all 30 votes count the same and that's how small market things always get their way in league topics.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: