Jorge Sedano: If NBA teams conitnue to blackball Lakers, then Jeanie should go after revenue sharing.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Jorge Sedano: If NBA teams conitnue to blackball Lakers, then Jeanie should go after revenue sharing.

From Reddit:

Quote:
Jorge Sedano: If teams continue to refusing dealing with the lakers, Jeanie has to bring up revenue sharing at the next owners meeting

Paraphrasing a bit because I don’t have the exact quote, but he brings up a good point. The refusal to deal with the lakers has the ability to take its toll on our competitiveness. But it seems as though most of these teams forget the the lakers help keep the nba afloat with the revenue they generate. Why keep splitting it evenly if teams do their best to undercut the lakers? I agree with Sedano, Jeanie should bring this up if front office continue to work against the lakers for being the lakers. Thoughts?

I agree. Jeanie needs to go full Jerry Jones on these bishes. They don't have a problem taking handouts from the Lakers, but they sill stick their noses up against us. F that, hit em' where it hurts Jeanie.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

It's a valid point but I'm not so sure that teams really are blackballing us.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

I think Windhorst has the opinion that it's not so much blackballing but rather our assets just aren't that good
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

I think Windhorst has the opinion that it's not so much blackballing but rather our assets just aren't that good

And yet they gas up Jaylen Brown

It’s like when Avery Bradley, Jae Crowder and Marcus Smart were the next big 3. It’s BS and agenda driven.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Tatum has regressed this year and so have the other assets they have. Keep dreaming Leprechauns.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie can bring it up all she wants but the CBA isn’t ready to be re-negotiated so there isn’t anything that would change.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jeanie can bring it up all she wants but the CBA isn’t ready to be re-negotiated so there isn’t anything that would change.

Agreed with the broader point, bringing it up won't do much good. But revenue sharing isn't actually part of the CBA. It's a function of the Joint Venture agreement among the owners. At one point the Players tried to argue it should be included in the CBA because the owners who said they were losing money (and needed to reduce the player share as a result) could be likewise helped by a more even distribution of the revenue. The league, especially the big market owners, obviously didn't jive with that.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Jorge Sedano: If NBA teams conitnue to blackball Lakers, then Jeanie should go after revenue sharing.

D-Shiznit wrote:
From Reddit:

Quote:
Jorge Sedano: If teams continue to refusing dealing with the lakers, Jeanie has to bring up revenue sharing at the next owners meeting

Paraphrasing a bit because I don’t have the exact quote, but he brings up a good point. The refusal to deal with the lakers has the ability to take its toll on our competitiveness. But it seems as though most of these teams forget the the lakers help keep the nba afloat with the revenue they generate. Why keep splitting it evenly if teams do their best to undercut the lakers? I agree with Sedano, Jeanie should bring this up if front office continue to work against the lakers for being the lakers. Thoughts?

I agree. Jeanie needs to go full Jerry Jones on these bishes. They don't have a problem taking handouts from the Lakers, but they sill stick their noses up against us. F that, hit em' where it hurts Jeanie.

I don't know how you can make a case that teams refuse to deal with us when we make trades every year. Over the past few years, we've done deals with Cleveland, Brooklyn, and Houston. Sacramento turning down our trade offer isn't "refusing to deal with us" -- most trade offers are turned down.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Ya, this is quite a stupid opinion and just another reason why people hate the Lakers. How anyone could think that is a "smart" idea is quite sad.

What refusal to do business with the Lakers? Not accepting lowball offers on PG13 and Kawhi (PG13 would have been a Laker if we included BI). Now New Orleans is "refusing" to trade Antohny Davis for our prospects while being absolutely bullied by AD and Lebron's agent (in possibly an unprecedented manner)? Because we're entitled to AD? Of course they don't want to send him here. If our package was better we'd have him.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

let us see how the AD situation plays out.

For now, the rev-share is a potential bargaining chip
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

No, it's not. Do you all hear how ridiculous this sounds? We're crying about teams not trading us all-stars/superstars. Y'all are nuts.
Grodyman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Ya, this is quite a stupid opinion and just another reason why people hate the Lakers. How anyone could think that is a "smart" idea is quite sad.

What refusal to do business with the Lakers? Not accepting lowball offers on PG13 and Kawhi (PG13 would have been a Laker if we included BI). Now New Orleans is "refusing" to trade Antohny Davis for our prospects while being absolutely bullied by AD and Lebron's agent (in possibly an unprecedented manner)? Because we're entitled to AD? Of course they don't want to send him here. If our package was better we'd have him.

I don't think AD is bullying the Pels, he did them a favor telling them he didn't want to re-sign, so they could at least get something. The least they can do is trade him where he wants to go. The Pels petty, snarky, bitter reaction just forces AD to play hardball.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:39 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

No, it's not. Do you all hear how ridiculous this sounds? We're crying about teams not trading us all-stars/superstars. Y'all are nuts.

It's more about colluding against our franchise. Pop telling Demps do not cave in to the Lakers, that's an example, owners crying over the CP3 trade is another.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

So I guess New Orleans is blackballing 29 teams right now?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Sedano is by far the worst personality on espn 710. I can't believe he has lasted this long. Jeannie has signed an agreement to revenue share.
Truck Turner
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I this point it does sort of seem like blackballing.

Ever since that Pau Gasol trade there has been a not so quite "Don't make the Lakers better" agenda among other teams.

Everytime the Lakers make a significant trade to make the team better the other owners and GM's start crying about tampering and small market teams getting shafted.

Nobody was crying about tampering when guys like Jimmy Butler were demanding trades publicly. Last time I checked Boston, Philly, NY, and Dallas were all huge sports markets, yet nobody complains about them attaining marquee talent from other teams. Hell the bulk of the top players in the league don't even play in huge markets.

This crap mostly get brought up as an excuse to be mad about the Lakers making moves to improve their team.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Yup let's not forget when we were trying to trade for Ariza, the PHX owner said trade him to anywhere but the Lakers. This BS has been going on long before AD.
D-Shiznit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
So I guess New Orleans is blackballing 29 teams right now?

Earlier in the week:

Adrian Wojnarowski and Zach Lowe of ESPN:

Pelicans general manager Dell Demps has yet to return a call to Lakers GM Rob Pelinka, league sources told ESPN.

Demps is picking up his phone and returning calls — just not from the Lakers, sources said.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:

Its a bargaining chip for the owners.. think about that for a moment... Nothing ridiculous about that!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Everyone was cool with KD joining Steph, Klay and dray but god forbid the Lakers get a star via trade.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Everyone was cool with KD joining Steph, Klay and dray but god forbid the Lakers get a star via trade.

lol what?! Nobody was cool with KD joining GS
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

misterchipmunk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I didn’t see NBA teams backstabbing the Lakers publicly like this.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because they couldn't do anything about it, just like they couldn't do anything about Lebron joining LA. They were 100% free agents. Lets not kid ourselves and think what guys like PG13 and AD doing are cool. We wouldn't like it if it happened to us.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Thank you, it’s about time for Laker ownership to take a stand. They can’t just turn another cheek when other teams are boycotting Lakers comes to trades but taking in the money mostly earned by the Laker popularity around the globe. They just can’t have both ways. Greg popovich is the main culprit/ring leader behind this secret alliances.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
misterchipmunk wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

- Pop "counseling" Demps on how to ignore the Lakers.

- that jacka$$ dan gilbert and his "dear nba, waa waaa " letters
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: